• 175(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-02-06, 03:12)pcvii Wrote: -deleted-
darn lol.
$499.00
Visual Studio Professional 2012

My last full copy was Visual Studio 6 student copy from Purdue Tongue

You can download a trial version from Microsoft. This version will work for 90 days.
(2013-02-05, 20:03)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 19:45)Domini0n Wrote: Trying to go the http://ember.purplepig.net/ webpage but it gives a server 500 error, after reloading it a few times spread over 15 minutes it starts giving a 503 as well.

Use one of the links in my signature if you search a download link for Ember

Thanks managed to download it.

[edit]
And it is working again! IMDB scraping works and now it also gets the high resolution images again.
(2013-02-06, 07:15)mwaterbu Wrote: Hello I just found this new version of ember (I had still been using the old version up to this point), and was hoping for some help with the process of switching over to using this one.
I am having a couple problems. Not sure if it is an error on my part or a bug, but hopefully someone here can help.
The two things I am noticing, first, when I select "display year in list title" it does not show up. When I reload all movies, the years appear as the movies load, and then the years disappear again when loading finishes.
The second thing is the sets manager. None of my old sets are recognised now. I noticed that the XML structure is slightly different for the sets. Is there an easy way to convert my sets to the new format? Also I am unsure how these new sets stay in the right order. Before, the XML tag "set" had the attribute "order" which would specify what order the movies should go in, but this new format does not have that, nor does it appear to use the "sort title" tag.
I appreciate the help! Keep up the good work on this program!
Edit: double post

<set>
<order>

Is the YAMJ style. For XBMC you need only <set>.
The easiest way is to change this with the tool textcrawler.
After you have changed the NFO, remove all movies from the Ember DB and make a DB update. Ember rebuild the new entries for set manager.

Edit: if you need the <order> tag for YAMJ you can activate the option in the yamj module under Settings.
Hey loving the program! Just wondering if there is a way i'm able to scrape tv shows with IMDB as well?

I have rugrats,catdog,angry beavers so on which are multi episodes in 1 episode, thetvdb lists them as each individual episode while IMDB lists them how i want them.

Example :
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101188/episodes?season=3
TVDB: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...1963&lid=7

(2013-02-05, 17:23)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 00:07)Jocker_Boy Wrote: Hello,

First thing, thanks for this great program. I don't use XBMC but EMM it's perfect to organize my media.
I have installed EMM 1.3.0.9 (Thanks DanCooper).

When i do "automated scrapped" it rarely finds the correct movie. I need to scrappe each movie individually using "change movie" so that i can correspond the correct movie.
I think the problem is that EMM wil search the movie title in IMDB, but in IMBD all movies title appear in "Portuguese" (because i'm from Portugal) and so it can't check the same title.

Is there any solution for this?

Another question:
You are Portuguese, or? Can you help translate Ember to Portuguese language on Transifex? The most things are translated, I think it's nod much to do to finish.

Yes, i'm portuguese. I'm from Portugal (PT-PT) not Brasilian.(PT-BR)
And yes, i can help translate.

Later this week, i will have some time and i will start.
Thanks for the work on this tool, it is great!

I have a special question. I scraped a movie that I now also have in 3D, so twice. I thought I'd just copy all nfo and pictures from the 2d version to the 3d version and add 3d to the title in the nfo, but ember, even after reloading, won't get the info and art. Is there a way to do this? alternative is to rescrape and check to get the same images again, which is a hassle.

Manually tried editting nfo's before so curious how to get ember to see those additions.
(2013-02-06, 11:47)Jocker_Boy Wrote: Yes, i'm portuguese. I'm from Portugal (PT-PT) not Brasilian.(PT-BR)
And yes, i can help translate.

Later this week, i will have some time and i will start.

Oh, is this a different in language? I can add a pt_PT package if you think is useful.
(2013-02-06, 12:07)kees667 Wrote: Thanks for the work on this tool, it is great!

I have a special question. I scraped a movie that I now also have in 3D, so twice. I thought I'd just copy all nfo and pictures from the 2d version to the 3d version and add 3d to the title in the nfo, but ember, even after reloading, won't get the info and art. Is there a way to do this? alternative is to rescrape and check to get the same images again, which is a hassle.

Manually tried editting nfo's before so curious how to get ember to see those additions.

You have 2 different folders, one for 2D and one for 3D? You copy the NFO to the 3D folder and change the title in NFO? The 3D has not the same filename like the 2D?
No indeed, filename is different but in nfo I don't see the filename itself so I can't alter it.
(2013-02-06, 12:07)kees667 Wrote: Thanks for the work on this tool, it is great!

I would start by NOT renaming any files except the FOLDER / DIRECTORY that the files are stored in for the 3D movie.

then, go to Ember, select Update Library.
after that, RIGHT_CLICK on the 3D movie and select EDIT MOVIE.
and change the Title to "MOVIE-3D" or whatever you want it listed as.
(2013-02-06, 09:24)DanCooper Wrote: <set>
<order>

After you have changed the NFO, remove all movies from the Ember DB and make a DB update. Ember rebuild the new entries for set manager.

Edit: if you need the <order> tag for YAMJ you can activate the option in the yamj module under Settings.

When I enabled YAMJ option, the style was like this:

<sets>
<set order="4">Star Wars</set>
</sets>

Which was how the XML had been structured before. I manually copied the sets from my old settings.xml file, and ember can now see my all of my sets again. Thanks!!

One more question, I had previously called my poster/fanart the following:
<movie>.tbn
fanart.jpg

But I want to switch over to something more compatible for Frodo like:
<movie>-poster.jpg
<movie>-fanart.jpg

Is there a way to have all of my files switched over to this format?
Thanks for the help!
(2013-02-06, 15:46)mwaterbu Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 09:24)DanCooper Wrote: <set>
<order>

When I enabled YAMJ option, the style was like this:

<sets>
<set order="4">Star Wars</set>
</sets>

Which was how the XML had been structured before. I manually copied the sets from my old settings.xml file, and ember can now see my all of my sets again. Thanks!!

One more question, I had previously called my poster/fanart the following:
<movie>.tbn
fanart.jpg

But I want to switch over to something more compatible for Frodo like:
<movie>-poster.jpg
<movie>-fanart.jpg

Is there a way to have all of my files switched over to this format?
Thanks for the help!

Frodo accepted only <set>set name</set>.
I think you need to change that.
You can do this with one click in textcrawler.
Delete after changing the database and new update.

If you have (exactly)
foldername = moviefilename
you can to this in 2 steps with the bulk rename utility (standalone from co.uk website):

1 step:
Filter = *.tbn
Suffix = -poster
File ext. = fixed jpg

2 step:
Filter = fanart.jpg
Prefix = take folder name
Rename = fanart to -fanart
Could I offer you a 100 mbit free FTP from my home FTP? It's located in The Netherlands
I really like the Ember Media Manager and I'm still looking for any practical use for my fiber Smile

If you'd like to use this ftp, just add the following address in your sig:
ftp://188.142.7.59/Ember_1.3.0.9.rar
I just updated the first post with the new links and updated the version that is showing. I finally got my host up and running now I need to get it setup and all that stuff, hopefully it won't be too long before the main site is back up.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
Running the 1.3.0.9 version but still getting the low res posters. I just copied over the new files from your .9 rar over the existing files in the old folder; should I have done something else?

-edit-
Actually, nevermind. EMM gets the high res posters but they show low res in Frodo / Aeon-Nox until I manually browse for the file again. Kinda weird.
(2013-02-06, 21:45)anahka2309 Wrote: Running the 1.3.0.9 version but still getting the low res posters. I just copied over the new files from your .9 rar over the existing files in the old folder; should I have done something else?

-edit-
Actually, nevermind. EMM gets the high res posters but they show low res in Frodo / Aeon-Nox until I manually browse for the file again. Kinda weird.

Try to delete the texture13.? file in XBMC user data folder...
  • 175(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26