• 183(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-02-13, 00:02)orbtwin Wrote: sorry but i still can't load my HDD for TV shows.
screenshot

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6413/sinttuloabw.png

inside every season there so many folders as files, i mean: every episode are in a same name folder. This way, files needed in XBMC (nfo episode, episode thumb ...) are together.
ember doesn't recognize every show.
i must modify any option in ember.?

sorry my english

Why You put each episode on separte folder ?
put all episode from Season 1 on the same folder not each folder ..
(2013-02-13, 00:02)orbtwin Wrote: sorry but i still can't load my HDD for TV shows.
screenshot

inside every season there so many folders as files, i mean: every episode are in a same name folder. This way, files needed in XBMC (nfo episode, episode thumb ...) are together.

sorry my english

Point 1:
Same that MaxCore say, you don't need a separat folder for each episode, only for each season.

Point 2:
You can select all tv shows in the tree with CTRL+A and rescape all together with CTRL-I, but you must still confirm each show.
You can select all shows in the tree with CTRL+A and click right mouse button an
(2013-02-12, 09:03)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 07:23)alspoll Wrote:
(2013-02-07, 03:22)ironcross Wrote: I am trying to setup Ember to scan my TV files. My episodes are ripped to DVD_Folders as such:
TV\
----->Show Name
---------->Season XX
--------------->SxxExx
-------------------->VIDEO_TS

Can some provide some assistance with setting up the regex properly to get Ember to scan the files correctly? I have searched but did not find anything that seem to relate to this. Thanks in advance.

I am having similar issues with Ember finding video_ts discs.

Is there a solution or....?

TIA,

AL

Yes, with next release. Video_TS and Blu-Ray support for Frodo.

Thanks for the update Dan
(2013-02-13, 01:06)MaxCore Wrote:
screenshot

sorry my english

Why You put each episode on separte folder ?
put all episode from Season 1 on the same folder not each folder ..

Why not? Each episode comes with a collection of files. You have the media file itself, a .nfo file, artwork, subtitles, and who knows what else. I like to collect those episode files together into an episode directory rather than mix them all together. It seems from the comments in this thread that im not completely alone in this preference.

This appears to be the root of my problem though. The extra episode directory renders my files undetectable by Ember. If i move them up one level in the hierarchy and rescan, they appear. Move them back down into their own episode folder again and they disappear.

Is this fixable by any chance? I would be very grateful. One of the main features which drew me to Ember over other media management apps is the way Ember doesn't insist on grabbing my files/folders and renaming them according to its own strict requirements.

Many thanks for the help Smile
I understand your that and will check if possible to make it more flexible.
(2013-02-11, 16:56)DanCooper Wrote: If you want to make this the function MUST be a manually option (and already selectable in the Wizard). A dynamic query would be fatal. I use 3 different installations of Ember on my PC, one for my movie database, one to test the new releases and one for the neighbors server. If a installtion use automatically the settings of another that would be a disaster.

I second that opinion!
In my case I have also multiple installations of Ember working on one machine. They reside in different folders and thats perfect because this way I can configure them differently for different parts of my movie collection. For example I have dedicated Ember installations to scrape in english or in german. So if a new movie is of interest for me AND my girlfried I scrape its info in german. If its a movie like Inglorious Bastards which she will never watch, then I scrape it with the other ember installation in english.
This is great and I hope will continue to work.
Meaning: Please, keep the ember installations local and don't spread it across the whole system...

Programms like Total Commander or notepad++ offer the option to select the configuration-save-location on installation. But as ember is a simple ZIP without installer it should always be the default to save the configuration in the programm directory, mayby changeble in the settings dialog for people who want to embrace the "windows-way" of storing stuff to places where it will never be found again... Wink
Team,
I noticed there is a 1.3.1 version at http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embe...dmap#1.3.1.
However, I can't find the link to download it.
Any advice ?

cheers.
dg
(2013-02-13, 13:41)dgoogle Wrote: Team,
I noticed there is a 1.3.1 version at http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embe...dmap#1.3.1.
However, I can't find the link to download it.
Any advice ?

cheers.
dg

1.3.0.9 is the latest released version.
(2013-02-13, 12:02)grumbler Wrote:
(2013-02-11, 16:56)DanCooper Wrote: If you want to make this the function MUST be a manually option (and already selectable in the Wizard). A dynamic query would be fatal. I use 3 different installations of Ember on my PC, one for my movie database, one to test the new releases and one for the neighbors server. If a installtion use automatically the settings of another that would be a disaster.

I second that opinion!
In my case I have also multiple installations of Ember working on one machine. They reside in different folders and thats perfect because this way I can configure them differently for different parts of my movie collection. For example I have dedicated Ember installations to scrape in english or in german. So if a new movie is of interest for me AND my girlfried I scrape its info in german. If its a movie like Inglorious Bastards which she will never watch, then I scrape it with the other ember installation in english.
This is great and I hope will continue to work.
Meaning: Please, keep the ember installations local and don't spread it across the whole system...

Programms like Total Commander or notepad++ offer the option to select the configuration-save-location on installation. But as ember is a simple ZIP without installer it should always be the default to save the configuration in the programm directory, mayby changeble in the settings dialog for people who want to embrace the "windows-way" of storing stuff to places where it will never be found again... Wink

Grumber,
Ember is not a ZIP distribution program, has always been based on setup. Then when the original developer disappeared we started working on the core app but the only way to have it working well for sure is to INSTALL it from the setup and then replace the files with the one provided here.

Looking to make it again stable we need to go back to that way as too many things goes wrong with the copy-paste method.

If you use a windows program you have to use windows way of doing things Smile

This said I think what is missing is not the "package and go" kind of weird mechanism but the ability to open a file (with configuration etc...) to change profile-configuration. This is the way it should be on windows and as all windows program works

I will look how to achieve the result of being Windows friendly AND allow swap of profiles to make everyone happy!
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
When I downloaded fanart before I got a full size about 1920x1080. Now everyone I scrape and download are 300x169 and I have not done any changes in settings. I double check it and it is marked as LARGE file.
(2013-02-13, 19:51)klauzer Wrote: When I downloaded fanart before I got a full size about 1920x1080. Now everyone I scrape and download are 300x169 and I have not done any changes in settings. I double check it and it is marked as LARGE file.

TMDB has change the image server. Use the latest version 1.3.0.9 of ember (check my signature).
wrong thread
just realized EMM live again ... good news... definitely i'll try this
anybody able to get local trailers detected? I have local trailers for all my movies in the same directory with MovieName-trailer.ext and ember is not detecting this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks
(2013-02-14, 00:46)bry- Wrote: anybody able to get local trailers detected? I have local trailers for all my movies in the same directory with MovieName-trailer.ext and ember is not detecting this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks

What is ''*.ext''? Huh
I dont know this file extension. What codec is inside the files?
Maybe you just have to rename the ''*.ext'' to ''*.avi'' or ''*.mp4'' or something like that.
I think, Ember dont know the file extension ''ext''.

EDIT: is ''ext'' for extension? If yes, then ignore my post Smile
  • 183(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26