• 251(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2013-04-23, 12:06)zerocool_ie Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 20:31)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-22, 19:02)zerocool_ie Wrote: hi all,

I did a fresh install of version 11, and since then I cannot preview posters / fanarts when I double click on them from the image selection dialog box.

The message is: "An error has occured. Parameter not valid."

Has anyone seen this before?

thanks in advance for an answer and thanks for the ongoing development work Smile

I try to fix this, but I need time to understand all the changes from m.savazzi.

thanks Dan :-)

Houch! Dan, were you able to identify where is the error? I can try to help.

(2013-04-18, 18:25)m.savazzi Wrote: Team,
I've started the work to separate the Scrapers in the correct groups-types.
We will have these scrapers:
  • Movie - Data
  • Movie - Images (called Poster Sad I will see if I can do a global rename AFTER is working to clean up the mess on names Smile)
  • Movie - Trailer
  • TV - Data
  • TV - Images (called Poster Sad as above)

The impact is VERY wide so I will not push the changed to Dan till is working.
If you want to see how it is advancing and what I'm doing you can see my repro.

Please note that this is MANDATORY to clean up the code, allow to add more image types and solve several issues in the scraping process as well as to have a better codebase to maintain

Hoping this helps Smile

I was able to get the first compile to run (removed all scrapers apart 1 that I started to modify) the interfaces looks good
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-04-24, 22:50)m.savazzi Wrote: Houch! Dan, were you able to identify where is the error? I can try to help.

- preview of all non-TMDB-poster/fanart works not (manually scraping)
- rescraping of episode poster in edit window works not (tv show/season poster/fanart now work, see my changes in this commit)
- frame extractor can't save episode poster in edit window
- deleting the images in the Edit window does not work (movies and tv show)

We have changed a lot since your last "clone" of my branch, please try to fix it in my current state.
Thank you! Smile

P.S:
I rewrote the "Watched" TEXT field in "HasWatched" BOOL in the database. Either delete the Media.emm or change the field with the SQLite browser.
(2013-04-24, 23:23)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 22:50)m.savazzi Wrote: Houch! Dan, were you able to identify where is the error? I can try to help.

- rescraping of episode poster in edit window works not (tv show/season poster/fanart now work, see my changes in this commit)

We have changed a lot since your last "clone" of my branch, please try to fix it in my current state.
Thank you! Smile

This is VERY weird as I have already fixed all of that in my trunk that I pushed to you... something should have gone wrong in the merge Sad

I've never used frame extractor so I do not know but the first two points were working Sad

I'm in the middle of the rewrite of the interfaces... I have to understand how to work on your trunk without destroying what I've already done Sad
First Many thanks to Dan, Cocotus and the rest of the EMM crew taking on the task up updating and keeping EMM functional.

This is a REPOST of post #3494. I posted the following:

I am having a couple of problems with TV shows, and am not sure if it is just me or not. I am running the latest released version, no github additions.

When I am looking at a season of a TV show, American Idol for instance, and add a couple new ones to the folder, I can see the last 2 episodes in the list by just the file name: "American Idol S12E24" and "American Idol S12E25" If I right click on season 12 and choose "(Re)scrape Season" EMM flickers, the highlight moves from season 12 in the list to the first season of the show, and nothing else at all happens.

To add the 2 new episodes, I have to then right click on the episode itself and choose "(Re)scrape episode". Then it brings up the dialog asking the name of the show LOL... really, I would think it would know that based on the top level show that is selected and such. Anyhow, after confirming it is the show, and then on the next screen, selecting OK, the episode now shows correctly named in the list, "19 Top 10 Results Show" instead of just the file name. I then do the same for the next episode.

This can become tedious when I have not added shows for a couple weeks, and have 20+ episodes from different shows to add. That plus trying to remember what shows have new episodes, so I can even find the episodes to manually update it.

This has been like this for some time, so I am wondering if it is something on my machine alone, or if others are seeing the same behavior.

To which I received the simple reply:

(2013-04-06, 13:35)DanCooper Wrote: Check my post #3451

I then replied:
(2013-04-06, 17:24)JohnWPB Wrote: I have had it set to 'Always' since reading post 3451 a week ago. I also have an API key for TheTVDB that I registered for, and inserted into EMM a few months ago. Specs of my system are in my Sig.

The entire topic stopped there with no further response. This is still an issue I am having with the latest version, as of this posting, 1.3.0.11. Can anyone else check, and see if they are seeing similar behavior, just so I know it is not just something happening here?

(2013-04-06, 13:35)DanCooper Wrote: I have added an option to set the maximum size of actor thumbs (standard, 720, 1080). No resizing, only a try to get the specified size or the biggest possible.

Can you clarify this a little better, Here is what it looks like:
What I want to know, if say I choose SY1080 x SX1920, will it only download 1080 images, or will it get the lower resolution ones as well if 1080 is not available? I would not want to set it to 1080 and only get 1 actors picture every now and then Wink
(Also a note and SMALL interface detail: Shouldn't it actually be labeled: "1920 x 1080", leaving the variable name in the code, and not in the visible label Smile )

I would like it to function as "Get Largest Possible", what setting will do that?
------------------------------------------
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
TV part of EMM is buggy. Always has been. The random don't auto scrape new episodes for known shows-bug has been mentioned for about a year (I think I mentioned it first).
I make set posters! (I also take requests)
(2013-04-25, 02:02)Dragen Wrote: TV part of EMM is buggy. Always has been. The random don't auto scrape new episodes for known shows-bug has been mentioned for about a year (I think I mentioned it first).

I have been using EMM for a few years, and knew there were bugs, but not specifically this one. Interesting that I post details about it, just to get an answer to check mark an option, when it IS a known bug Wink Thanks for the info, and hopefully it will be addressed down the road. Currently it is a royal pain to have to click on every new episode individually and update them (Even having to tell EMM what show it is every time! LOL ), or do a complete (every season at the show level) rescrape.
Intel Quad core 3.8 Ghz / Windows 11 Pro / 32 gigs RAM/ MCE Remote /20 Tb storage / Intel Iris 550 chip-set outputting 4k via HDMI to a 80" LED TV / just over 5,800 movies

Have you entered your 5 Movies? - Support themoviedb.org as THE best open source movie information site.
I have just been messing around with the new EMM 1.3.0.11, and set the actors image resolution to the highest, and it is working perfectly! A VERY nice addition, Thank You!

Now....... Smile

I am going to update the actors I have presently, with the newer high resolution ones. MANY of the actor images that EMM download in the past are like 50x50 pixels, and look just God awful in the new skins. After deciding to do this, I noticed that EMM does not have an option to scrape just the actors images.

So I put 3 movies that I have ALL images for into a scrape folder. I then deleted the actor folder in each of the 3 test movies, and had EMM "Scrape Media\All Movies\Automatic\All Items" It did download the actors as expected, BUT it took a LONG time.

It seemed that It was doing other stuff than just the actors. I then ran the scan again, knowing that ALL information had to be there as it just did a scrape. It took a minute and a half to scrape the 3 movies that have ALL information, images, and trailer already. (6 Meg DSL Connection) Shouldn't EMM look at the folder and see that everything is there already, and just move on? What exactly is it doing, taking all that time, when all of the information is there already?

So on to the request. Can a new addition to just scrape the actor photo's be implemented? Either in the tree like "Scrape Media\All Movies\Automatic\actor Images" or in the custom scraper section. Either would work.

Again, I can not thank the EMM team enough for keeping this project alive and well! ! ! ! ! Thank You!

(2013-04-25, 04:45)JohnWPB Wrote: I have just been messing around with the new EMM 1.3.0.11, and set the actors image resolution to the highest, and it is working perfectly! A VERY nice addition, Thank You!

Now....... Smile

I am going to update the actors I have presently, with the newer high resolution ones. MANY of the actor images that EMM download in the past are like 50x50 pixels, and look just God awful in the new skins. After deciding to do this, I noticed that EMM does not have an option to scrape just the actors images.

So I put 3 movies that I have ALL images for into a scrape folder. I then deleted the actor folder in each of the 3 test movies, and had EMM "Scrape Media\All Movies\Automatic\All Items" It did download the actors as expected, BUT it took a LONG time.

It seemed that It was doing other stuff than just the actors. I then ran the scan again, knowing that ALL information had to be there as it just did a scrape. It took a minute and a half to scrape the 3 movies that have ALL information, images, and trailer already. (6 Meg DSL Connection) Shouldn't EMM look at the folder and see that everything is there already, and just move on? What exactly is it doing, taking all that time, when all of the information is there already?

So on to the request. Can a new addition to just scrape the actor photo's be implemented? Either in the tree like "Scrape Media\All Movies\Automatic\actor Images" or in the custom scraper section. Either would work.

Again, I can not thank the EMM team enough for keeping this project alive and well! ! ! ! ! Thank You!

II'm going to try to rescrape the actor cache too, cause i have many actor images which are blurred and and look awful in XBMC/Ember - I first used only Scrape Media Marked -> NFO only to update and it seems to rebuild the actor cache? The speed was also good, so maybe this will work for you too?

(2013-04-25, 00:16)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-04-24, 23:23)DanCooper Wrote:

Thank you! Smile

This is VERY weird as I have already fixed all of that in my trunk that I pushed to you... something should have gone wrong in the merge Sad

I've never used frame extractor so I do not know but the first two points were working Sad

I'm in the middle of the rewrite of the interfaces... I have to understand how to work on your trunk without destroying what I've already done Sad

Heya msavazii! Nice to hear you working on the rebuild. Since you already started and changed code, maybe it's best to simply clone a second Ember Project from the current 1.30xx branch from Dan and check if the changes you made are there? After having experienced problems with merging too, I simply dispose my complete Ember folder and clone the current build again and work on that - that seems to work fine for me.
hi, another question if I may be so bold. Smile

I was trying out the Movie export function, and it works fine with templates 1 & 2. However templates 3,4,5,6 & MovieHomepage will not complete for me on my Library (approx 1900 movies stored on a NAS). It gets to a certain point and then gives an error: "Not enough storage is available to process this command" and then Ember crashes. I tried on both my PC and Laptop (both Win7 64bit, 4GB RAM, loads of disk space available). Using this post I added the registry entries (in increments of 10 up to 50), but it didn't seem to make a difference.

My movies are backed up to local USB drives hanging off the Desktop, so I reconfigured the Ember movie paths and rescanned (thinking my LAN could be at fault), but I get the same results.

Any suggestions welcome Smile
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2013-04-25, 15:11)zerocool_ie Wrote: hi, another question if I may be so bold. Smile

I was trying out the Movie export function, and it works fine with templates 1 & 2. However templates 3,4,5,6 & MovieHomepage will not complete for me on my Library (approx 1900 movies stored on a NAS). It gets to a certain point and then gives an error: "Not enough storage is available to process this command" and then Ember crashes. I tried on both my PC and Laptop (both Win7 64bit, 4GB RAM, loads of disk space available). Using this post I added the registry entries (in increments of 10 up to 50), but it didn't seem to make a difference.

My movies are backed up to local USB drives hanging off the Desktop, so I reconfigured the Ember movie paths and rescanned (thinking my LAN could be at fault), but I get the same results.

Cocotus have fixed that. Please wait for the next release in few days.
(2013-04-25, 15:26)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 15:11)zerocool_ie Wrote: hi, another question if I may be so bold. Smile

Cocotus have fixed that. Please wait for the next release in few days.

You guys are just awesome.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2013-04-24, 23:23)DanCooper Wrote: P.S:
I rewrote the "Watched" TEXT field in "HasWatched" BOOL in the database. Either delete the Media.emm or change the field with the SQLite browser.

1) I had to destroy my fork and recreate it Sad as it was completely messed up Sad

2) you should look at what Cocotus has done for the trak field and use the same technique. During startup it reads the table structure and if needed issues the command to change the name of the field.
Destroy the .emm is not nice!
I'm using your codebase + the patch for imdb search I've submitted.

(2013-04-24, 23:23)DanCooper Wrote: - preview of all non-TMDB-poster/fanart works not (manually scraping)

What do you mean by preview ? where?
for Movies or episodes?
how I get the error?

Have you enabled them in the settings?

(2013-04-24, 23:23)DanCooper Wrote: - rescraping of episode poster in edit window works not (tv show/season poster/fanart now work, see my changes in this
commit)

will check, it sounds weird but is the TV episodes so I can have missed

For movies it works: Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

can you give me more details?

(2013-04-24, 23:23)DanCooper Wrote: - frame extractor can't save episode poster in edit window

never used it, will check, how you reproduce the error?

(2013-04-24, 23:23)DanCooper Wrote: - deleting the images in the Edit window does not work (movies and tv show)

will check

(2013-04-24, 23:23)DanCooper Wrote: We have changed a lot since your last "clone" of my branch, please try to fix it in my current state.
Thank you! Smile

I have destroyed my trunk and re cloned yours

M

Found a bug in the SettingS: you can only move scraprs UP but not DOWN Smile
the button is always gray

SmileSmile
(2013-04-25, 22:25)m.savazzi Wrote:

1) I had to destroy my fork and recreate it Sad as it was completely messed up Sad

2) you should look at what Cocotus has done for the trak field and use the same technique. During startup it reads the table structure and if needed issues the command to change the name of the field.

That can not be! If the field has not been adjusted, there is at most one error. When a new database is created, the field is already correct. With SQLite is no existing fields can be changed. Only new ones can be added. Since I need the field at a certain point that is unfortunately the only option. An existing database can be changed with the SQLite browser without problems in 1 minute. In the episodes I was able to solve it so that a new field is added. I also installed a check at the start of Ember, which secures an existing database if necessary.

The database can not be wrong data not destroyed can be stored. There are just a lot of errors in the log

I can not explain to you where the problem is or why your fork has been destroyed me. This field is used nowhere. Nevertheless, sorry!

Please test my branch again, I have now fixed very much and I think everything works without problems.

• yes, manually scraping (with native scraper) on poster/fanarts they are not from TMDB (the multible grouped). Double click and preview button will does not works
  • open a episode in edit window, go to tab frame extractor, press load episode an try to save the image. if you press on save nothings happens.
  • lol, only the highest scraper can be moved down
I've found something different from my old code.
With XBMC Frodo settings now the procedure changes the name:

Which is the correct name? with the CD1 or not?

The OK button save the image WITHOUT the CD1 but all the rest of Ember reads the one WITH CD1.
This leads to confusion

(2013-04-25, 23:06)DanCooper Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 22:25)m.savazzi Wrote:

That can not be! If the field has not been adjusted, there is at most one error. When a new database is created, the field is already correct. With SQLite is no existing fields can be changed. Only new ones can be added. Since I need the field at a certain point that is unfortunately the only option. An existing database can be changed with the SQLite browser without problems in 1 minute. In the episodes I was able to solve it so that a new field is added. I also installed a check at the start of Ember, which secures an existing database if necessary.

The database can not be wrong data not destroyed can be stored. There are just a lot of errors in the log

Found it, the try catch... there should be a nicier way to do it but it works Smile

(2013-04-25, 23:06)DanCooper Wrote: I can not explain to you where the problem is or why your fork has been destroyed me. This field is used nowhere. Nevertheless, sorry!

Please test my branch again, I have now fixed very much and I think everything works without problems.

Not your fault. GIT messed up everything and I destroyed my trunk to start with your clear codebase!

• yes, manually scraping (with native scraper) on poster/fanarts they are not from TMDB (the multible grouped). Double click and preview button will does not works

So you see ALL the other posters, is the preview that does not work? will check

• open a episode in edit window, go to tab frame extractor, press load episode an try to save the image. if you press on save nothings happens.

• I do not have frame extractor, how I get it?

• lol, only the highest scraper can be moved down

• hahahaha!
    funny bug
    • 251(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
    New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26