• 273(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Hi,

EMM works great with my MKV folders (1 folder = 1 MKV), but i'm still experiencing an issue with folders structure (DVD & BluRay).
YamJ has to get *.nfo + <movie>.jpg + <movie>.fanart.jpg at the root of the DVD / Bluray structure to work fine.

Originally, EMM-r used to place its created files like this and YamJ was able to build my libraries.

But today, EMM creates these files at the wrong place, with a wrong name :

Could you please help me to get the original one?

Thanks
I asked this question a couple of pages back but it may have been overlooked:

Are there any plans to filter TV shows like you can with the movie list? Even a simple "Show only new/marked" would be very helpful if you are adding multiple new episodes to existing TV shows. It would save you having to dig through what may be a pretty big list of shows/seasons.
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
(2013-05-15, 20:31)neuk34 Wrote: But today, EMM creates these files at the wrong place, with a wrong name :

Thanks

which options are you using?
which is the correct XBMC format?
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-05-15, 20:31)neuk34 Wrote: Hi,

EMM works great with my MKV folders (1 folder = 1 MKV), but i'm still experiencing an issue with folders structure (DVD & BluRay).
YamJ has to get *.nfo + <movie>.jpg + <movie>.fanart.jpg at the root of the DVD / Bluray structure to work fine.

Originally, EMM-r used to place its created files like this and YamJ was able to build my libraries.

But today, EMM creates these files at the wrong place, with a wrong name :

Thanks

I fix that in next release.
(2013-05-14, 14:52)m.savazzi Wrote: can you provide us the log?

There isn't much in the log, just what I put in my initial post.

but I just tried again and for some reason, it started to work. Maybe an issue on their side.
(2013-05-15, 14:27)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 11:10)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-05-15, 10:58)m.savazzi Wrote: so you have to scrape only the nfo not the images. Quite simple.
OK, obviously I'm being a little thick here - how do I scrape a movie from the internet, but also have Ember automatically select the local artwork when it is available?

MilhouseVH,
you are missing the point:
SCRAPE = get from internet

So you have to scrape ONLY the NFO.

Could it be that there is a little information missing that MilhouseVH needs to understand what you are saying? I have the feeling he is only talking about the "(Re-)Scrape movie" action and its configuration in the settings (as he posted screenshots of them)
But if I am not mistaken you are trying to tell him to not use "(Re-)Scrape movie" but the specific "Scrape NFO" action.
@MilhouseVH: Unfortunately I don't know the menu structure in detail from memory, but I think m.savazzi means this:

1. Store new movie with your selected poster and fanart in your movie directory
2. Open ember and update database -> The new movie is found and displayed with the poster and fanart stored next to him
3. Now the kicker: To retrieve the detailed movie information don't use "(Re-)Scrape movie" in the context menu if you right click on the movie. Instead lockout for something like "Scrape only partial information"->"NFO only". Its on a second level in the context menu. Mayby its named slightly different, but simply check all points of the context menu and you will find it.
4. If I understand savazzi correctly this should create the NFO file and keep your preselected poster and fanart.

@m.savazzi: Is this what you meant?
(2013-05-15, 20:31)neuk34 Wrote: Could you please help me to get the original one?

Do you have the option "Compatible VIDEO_TS file placement / naming" enabled?
You can find this option under Modules -> YAMJ.
(2013-05-16, 09:26)grumbler Wrote: Could it be that there is a little information missing that MilhouseVH needs to understand what you are saying? I have the feeling he is only talking about the "(Re-)Scrape movie" action and its configuration in the settings (as he posted screenshots of them)
But if I am not mistaken you are trying to tell him to not use "(Re-)Scrape movie" but the specific "Scrape NFO" action.
@MilhouseVH: Unfortunately I don't know the menu structure in detail from memory, but I think m.savazzi means this:

1. Store new movie with your selected poster and fanart in your movie directory
2. Open ember and update database -> The new movie is found and displayed with the poster and fanart stored next to him
3. Now the kicker: To retrieve the detailed movie information don't use "(Re-)Scrape movie" in the context menu if you right click on the movie. Instead lockout for something like "Scrape only partial information"->"NFO only". Its on a second level in the context menu. Mayby its named slightly different, but simply check all points of the context menu and you will find it.
4. If I understand savazzi correctly this should create the NFO file and keep your preselected poster and fanart.

@m.savazzi: Is this what you meant?

Thanks grumbler for also being confused like I am. I disabled the Image/Trailer scraper, thinking this would mean Ember only scraped NFO data, but no luck - Ember still presented me with blank poster/fanart during the scrape, and if the movie is then saved saved with blank poster/fanart Ember will DELETE the local poster/fanat files (this is a really bad Ember feature IMHO, but no doubt intentional/by design).

I tried your method above, and found "NFO only" not in the context menu but in the menu "Scrape Media", which means there is no ability to scrape "NFO only" for an individual movie - instead it is an action performed on various groups of movies (new movies, marked movies etc.) which makes it a bit less useful (I prefer to scrape my new additions one at a time - old habits etc.). It did work however (kind of - see below), only scraping the NFO data, but this now means there is no trailer written to the NFO, so it's not quite the perfect solution when all that is required is smarter handling of local artwork during the scrape.

I guess I'll just have to live with the awkward workflow and continue selecting local artwork. Thanks again for your help, glad it's not just me. Smile

The first time I ran "NFO only" for "New movies" (there was only one newly added movie, the animation film, "9"), Ember 1.3.0.13 produced the following error log - it seemed to work better when I tried a second time although the last two entries correspond with this second run:
Code:
================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Platform: x86
Ember Application (Revision: 1.3.0.13)
Ember API (Revision: 1.3.0.13)
Ember Extras Scraper (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
Ember Native Movie Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.13)
Ember TMDB Movie Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.13)
Ember XML Scraper (Revision: 1.3.0.5)
Renamer (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
Frame Extractor (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
Media File Manager (Revision: 1.3.0.5)
Movie List Exporter (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
NMT Jukebox Builder (Revision: 1.3.0.13)
Notifications (Revision: 1.3.0.5)
Offline Media Manager (Revision: 1.3.0.5)
XBMC Controller (Revision: 1.3.0.5)
Boxee Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
MediaBrowser Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
YAMJ Compatibility (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
Genres Editor (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
Media Sources Editor (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
Audio & Video Codec Mapping (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
Trakt Settings (Revision: 1.3.0.12)
Ember Native TV Scrapers (Revision: 1.3.0.13)

================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error: Y:\Video\Test\9 (2009)[DVDRip]-fanart.jpg
Message: Probable I/O race condition detected while copying memory. The I/O package is not thread safe by default. In multithreaded applications, a stream must be accessed in a thread-safe way, such as a thread-safe wrapper returned by TextReader's or TextWriter's Synchronized methods. This also applies to classes like StreamWriter and StreamReader.
StackTrace:    at System.Buffer.InternalBlockCopy(Array src, Int32 srcOffset, Array dst, Int32 dstOffset, Int32 count)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   at EmberAPI.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Date/Time: 16/05/2013 08:54:52
===========================================================================================

Title: Error: Y:\Video\Test\9 (2009)[DVDRip]-poster.jpg
Message: Probable I/O race condition detected while copying memory. The I/O package is not thread safe by default. In multithreaded applications, a stream must be accessed in a thread-safe way, such as a thread-safe wrapper returned by TextReader's or TextWriter's Synchronized methods. This also applies to classes like StreamWriter and StreamReader.
StackTrace:    at System.Buffer.InternalBlockCopy(Array src, Int32 srcOffset, Array dst, Int32 dstOffset, Int32 count)
Date/Time: 16/05/2013 08:54:52
===========================================================================================

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at EmberAPI.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Date/Time: 16/05/2013 08:56:35

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at EmberAPI.Images.FromFile(String sPath)
Date/Time: 16/05/2013 08:58:51

StackTrace:    at System.IO.__Error.StreamIsClosed()
Date/Time: 16/05/2013 08:58:51
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Good news:

We now have a separate sub-forum for Ember Media Manager!
(2013-05-16, 10:19)MilhouseVH Wrote: I tried your method above, and found "NFO only" not in the context menu but in the menu "Scrape Media", which means there is no ability to scrape "NFO only" for an individual movie - instead it is an action performed on various groups of movies (new movies, marked movies etc.) which makes it a bit less useful (I prefer to scrape my new additions one at a time - old habits etc.). It did work however (kind of - see below), only scraping the NFO data, but this now means there is no trailer written to the NFO, so it's not quite the perfect solution when all that is required is smarter handling of local artwork during the scrape.

I guess I'll just have to live with the awkward workflow and continue selecting local artwork. Thanks again for your help, glad it's not just me. Smile

To quote Eminem: "Success is the only motherf.... option, failure is not..." Wink

Now I got really interested in this and I played a little with Ember, maybe I found a solution that fullfills what you are looking for:
After updating ember and seeing the new movie in the movie list perform this steps:
1. Select and Mark movie (right click, "Mark" or CTRL-M)
2. Instead of going directly for the NFO scrape select the last action in "Scrape Media" (in german its something like "Userdefined scraper")
3. A dialog pops up. Select "Marked movies" as selection filter and the checkboxes for Nfo, Metadata, Extrathumbs and Trailer, leave poster and fanart unchecked
4. Hit "Start"
5. Be happy Big Grin

At least this worked for me, Ember scraped every info including the trailer link and kept my poster and fanart untouchted Big Grin

BTW: The action "Scrape NFO" is available in the right click context menu if you select more than one movie, thats why you didn't find it. But this solution now seems to be better anyway Laugh
Again many thanks grumbler. However, while this is kind of a solution it's not really workable on a regular basis mainly because it's more of a pain in the @rse than browsing for JPGs! I think that these various alternative solutions you have suggested serve to highlight/confirm that the "normal" method used to (re-)scrape single movies can be improved simply by defaulting to local artwork *IF* such artwork is available (and when local artwork is detected, if the user then wishes to scrape for remote artwork they only have to click the "Change Poster (scrape)" button).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-05-11, 14:10)kostakias Wrote:
(2013-05-11, 00:51)kostakias Wrote: Hello, to all. I added that code to AdvancedSettings.xml and the rename fuction is working great but, scrapping stacked movies, the .nfo and the trailer filenames have "cd1" within, although i have checked the "<movie>.nfo(stack)" option in settings. Without the code added to AdvancedSettings.xml that option works and creates filenames without the "cd1" word.
Am i doing something wrong or is this another stacking problem?
Thanks!!!

Please tell me the file names. Sreenshot?

Hello,
I have version 1.3.0.12 installed. Under "Settings/Movies/Files and Sources" in NFO section i have checked <movie>.nfo(stack) option.

That option creates nfos and trailers without the cd1 or dvd1 or disk1 words in filename. For example
Flight.2012.BDRip.XviD-CD1.avi
Flight.2012.BDRip.XviD-CD2.avi
Flight.2012.BDRip.XviD-trailer.mp4
Flight.2012.BDRip.XviD.nfo

(And another question: why the <moviename>.tbn still has the "cd1" prefix in the filename?)

Now if i edit the AdvancedSettings.xml file and insert the new code
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Name="CheckStackMarkers">"[\s_\-\.]+\(?(cd|dvd|dis[ck])[\s_\-\.]*[0-9]+\)?"</Setting>
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Name="DeleteStackMarkers">"[\s_\-\.]+\(?(cd|dvd|dis[ck])[\s_\-\.]*[0-9]+\)?"</Setting>
then reopen ember and reload the movie "flight" it loses the nfo and trailer

and i have to rescrape. It then create new nfo and trailer files with CD1 in filename although i haven't change the <movie>.nfo(stack) option.

Hope that was helpful.
[/quote]

We will have to check that in v.1.4

What is the expected result?
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-05-16, 20:53)m.savazzi Wrote: (And another question: why the <moviename>.tbn still has the "cd1" prefix in the filename?)

*.tbn is for <Eden and Eden need CD1 in filename. Stacking is only needed for >Frodo and Frodo use *-poster.jpg.
Back in the old days I used to have these movies with CD1 and CD2, it quickly annoyed me. Why do you still bother with these?
you could simply merge the 2 files into one file and you don't have to worry with EMM anymore.
(2013-05-17, 01:06)hatbrox Wrote: Back in the old days I used to have these movies with CD1 and CD2, it quickly annoyed me. Why do you still bother with these?
you could simply merge the 2 files into one file and you don't have to worry with EMM anymore.

That's a whole other topic....
I absolutely agree with you Big Grin
  • 273(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26