• 46(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-03-26, 05:33)bossanova808 Wrote: ah ok, nah, I really want to download the trailers locally. My internet connection is kept so busy that streaming thins over to hear (Aus.) is never that reliable and there's nothing I hate more than a mid-preview 'buffering...' interuption.

Here's hoping an Ember with fixed trailer scraping bubble up soon....

I have the same problem with trailers playing (in fact any kind of streaming...).

So I now scrape with ember (native) with trailers urls only.
Then I use MetaBrowser 2.0 (there's a version floating around the net) to autodownload the trailers from the urls's.
For those that don't have a url (about 25%), MetaBrowser 2.0 has manual YouTube plugin, that has'nt failed to find something.

I would switch to MetaBrowser 2.0, except that's it a nasty piece of software.
It's sluggish, badly laid out, and the way you do things - just seems weird,
The reason I use Ember is that it's ones of the simplest MediaScraper's to set up and use.

However, I can get MetaBrowser 2.0 to download trailers, whereas Ember can't...
As soon as Ember fixes it's trailer support - I'll switch back
Just tried meta browser.
Seems to be really nice but 30$ a year... no thanks.
Teko.. if you trawl the net you can get metabrowser 1.0 which fairly limited and frankly when you have ember than why bother with anything else ?
1.0 is not really good.
The latest version can do everything Ember can + more.
If it was like 15-20$ one time I would think about it but for that price I keep using Ember.
The main thing I want is scraping things individually like Title+Plot from ofdb and everything else from imdb and that works really good in mediabrowser.
(2012-01-14, 17:51)cortez Wrote:
nsviper Wrote:I seem to be having an issue with the current version - if I scrape my movies to get all information, everything is downloaded fine, except for extrathumbs. Ember hogs the CPU for quite a while doing nothing, then flags up that is had downloaded the extrathumbs, the folder exists there, but no images in the folder?

try an older version of bin/ffmpeg.exe
this one works for me: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7PXGOAS0

This has started happening again - can anyone link me a version of ffmpeg that works? Obviously mega upload link is dead now ...
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
(2012-03-26, 04:18)burritoboy9984 Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 04:02)TeKo Wrote: Dont really understand what you mean, XBMC scans for the .nfos and images an imports them into the sqlite db.

I thought there was once an option to export the video library in a single file.

-Erik

Anyone know of a media manager with this option?
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
(2012-03-27, 19:28)burritoboy9984 Wrote:
(2012-03-26, 04:02)TeKo Wrote: Dont really understand what you mean, XBMC scans for the .nfos and images an imports them into the sqlite db.

I thought there was once an option to export the video library in a single file.

-Erik

I think even if you export your lib from XBMC you get .nfo files.

Can anybody help out with adding a regex?
Basically, I have one show that uses the naming convention Show.Title.S01.D01.avi
I guess ember can't recognize it by default? I'm sure its a easy fix by adding a regex but i'm lost when I look at the syntax
Can somebody smarter than me type out a regex I can use? tia
(2012-03-27, 14:12)TeKo Wrote: Just tried meta browser.
Seems to be really nice but 30$ a year... no thanks.

$30 a year is ridiculous, if it was for the lifetime of the product, then maybe.
Keep looking around the net, there is a fully working version (2.2.1.5) about.

I only use it for the trailer download
(2012-03-27, 19:28)burritoboy9984 Wrote:

-Erik

Haven't seen a media manager who does that.
But XBMC can export all it's into as one file. Go to settings - video - export library it will ask you if you want is as a single file or multiple (nfo & images in the relevant movies folder).

If XBMC uses all ember information you can export is this way.
Hi,

Is it working with bluray folder (BDMV)?
(2012-03-19, 12:51)generious Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 17:37)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 13:59)generious Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks for work that you have done.
I have finally managed to get sabnzbd to call ember once it has finished a film download and scrape it via the cli options works great now and makes it all nice and automated Smile

If that works with renaming files and folders, plz post a tutorial Wink

I use couchpotato and ember and sabnzbd
Couchpotato to find my films and move them from the default folder to a drop on my nas, once this has been completed then ember starts to scrape.
Couchpotato also downloads the trailers for the selected films.

Ember and SAB and Couchpotato details are in here
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9745941/SAB/SAB%...w%20to.pdf

This guide assumes you have ember configured already and pointed at your film location ( I use a temp directory before I move the films into my central location, as I have different categories such as action films, drama, kids, war and so on )

So the full setup is
SAB saves them in C:\Users\userid\Documents\Downloads\complete\movies
couchpotato moves them to w:\drop ( this is a share on a nas )
Ember is configured to look at W:\drop
Ember scrapes them in w:\drop
then I move them into the relevant folders on the nas
I haven't found a way to move say action films into action films directory yet but I'm working on something that will read the nfo and look for the genre tag and then move them into the folder this is still a work in progress.

Contents of the batch file
C:\Ember\emm.exe -newauto -all
TIMEOUT /T 120
taskkill /IM emm.exe /F

The timeout /t 120 is so it waits for ember to finish scraping once completed it will wait for 120 seconds before checking if the emm.exe task is still running ( sometimes it hangs ) and if it is it will kill the process
( /f is force kill )

I only use ember for films and not for TV show as this is managed by Sickbeard and yes I'm aware that couchpotato can scrape and generate NFO's but this doesn't always work correctly and sometimes I want more details which ember can provide.
Hi Generios. I have tried to create my own postprocessing script, which is a combination of Ember, TheRenamer and update XBMC, but each time my problem is that Ember just run but doesn't update and afterwards I have to kill it.

start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\theRenamer\theRenamer.exe" -fetchmovie
timeout /T 180
start "" "D:\Programmer\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all
timeout /T 120
taskkill /IM "Ember Media Manager.exe" /F
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\wget\bin\wget.exe" http://xbmc:Retep1982@localhost:8091/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn(UpdateLibrary(video))
END

Any ideas?
(2012-03-27, 18:36)nsviper Wrote:
(2012-01-14, 17:51)cortez Wrote:
nsviper Wrote:I seem to be having an issue with the current version - if I scrape my movies to get all information, everything is downloaded fine, except for extrathumbs. Ember hogs the CPU for quite a while doing nothing, then flags up that is had downloaded the extrathumbs, the folder exists there, but no images in the folder?

try an older version of bin/ffmpeg.exe
this one works for me: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7PXGOAS0

This has started happening again - can anyone link me a version of ffmpeg that works? Obviously mega upload link is dead now ...

Can someone post an older version of ffmpeg.exe that works, I am having the same problem with the extrathumbs being empty. Thanks.
meh i gave up trying to get trailer downloading working with ember. went ahead and just brought a premium version license of media center master, shitting all over ember for now and its actually looked after by someone still developing it. recommend it for anyone wanting a proper media manager that does everything, not just bits and pieces.

http://www.mediacentermaster.com/
life time for 50 bucks...
I understand that the developers put a lot of time in their projects.
But I cant be sure that he keeps working on the software or that it still does what I want a year from now.

And the scraper from MCM is really crappy, not worth the 50 bucks.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26