• 58(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-04-19, 13:42)TeKo Wrote: Is it possible to change the missing Trailer so it works with Trailer urls too?

I'll try it. This would also help me. Big Grin
(2012-04-19, 13:42)TeKo Wrote: Tools>Set Manager

Oh wow, thanks for that
(2012-04-18, 18:46)dreldragon Wrote:
(2012-04-18, 17:58)DanCooper Wrote: I'm on the road at the moment. Can anyone upload the file to another hoster?

As requested Big Grin

Ember Media Manager 1.0.3.5 fix2
Thanks!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Hi guys, EMM looks awesome.. My videos are currently stored on my NAS and I am set-up using MYSQL because I have a bunch of roomies sharing the collection.In this configuration do I have to do anything special for everybody to enjoy the fruits of EMMs labor or just run it on my scraper machine? XBMC has an advancedsetting,xml feature where I can store some artwork in a shared folder. Do I need to use this function?
Thanks!
(2012-04-20, 04:35)tedappleberry Wrote: Hi guys, EMM looks awesome.. My videos are currently stored on my NAS and I am set-up using MYSQL because I have a bunch of roomies sharing the collection.In this configuration do I have to do anything special for everybody to enjoy the fruits of EMMs labor or just run it on my scraper machine? XBMC has an advancedsetting,xml feature where I can store some artwork in a shared folder. Do I need to use this function?
Thanks!

Nope everything the same.

XBMC reads the nfos only once so just scrape everything update your DB and you should have access to it from the other machines.
@ Dan Cooper, trailer support is working well but the data & image scraping is suffering esp in commandline scraping emm is not able to pull no artwork & fanart, if i use mix of olympia's scraper & native xml scraper then again nothing is pulled unless do it all manually .. so Dan & Olympia could you merge the two together ( as Olympia ) that would be really Ideal ...
Thanks for the work. just upbgraded from an old Ember, seems to work fine except poster resize doesnt work (fanart does), is that a known thing?
What's the use of the plugin XMBC Controller?

I can't get it to work.
My Kodi Box: Windows 10 (1809; 64bits), Intel Core i5 9600K, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, 16 GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX550, Samsung SSD 970 EVO, Denon AVR x2500H, LG OLED55C7V 55".
(2012-04-22, 13:56)SanderBroek Wrote: What's the use of the plugin XMBC Controller?

I can't get it to work.

XBMC settings:

Ember settings:

XBMC needs to run when editing with Ember (Ember is accessing the web interface of XBMC).
Works only with movies, not with tvshows.
(2012-04-22, 13:28)kees667 Wrote: Thanks for the work. just upbgraded from an old Ember, seems to work fine except poster resize doesnt work (fanart does), is that a known thing?

I have never checked this funktion...
Why you need poster resize? XBMC resize/optimize the poster and fanarts on database import.
I only have HD ready Tv so want to keep everything snappy bij resizing to max 1280 pixels and posters max 500 wide. Maybe I'm completely wrong but figured smaller size art will keep system and skin faster as I don't need bigger.

(2012-04-22, 14:08)DanCooper Wrote: I have never checked this funktion...
Why you need poster resize? XBMC resize/optimize the poster and fanarts on database import.

(2012-04-22, 14:15)kees667 Wrote: I only have HD ready Tv so want to keep everything snappy bij resizing to max 1280 pixels and posters max 500 wide. Maybe I'm completely wrong but figured smaller size art will keep system and skin faster as I don't need bigger.

(2012-04-22, 14:08)DanCooper Wrote: I have never checked this funktion...

All posters will be automatically reduced to <500px. The difference between 1920 and 1280 (fanarts) can be neglected.
In my opinion, the images must not be specially adapted. I have an Intel Atom system with Aeon MQ 3, everything runs smoothly and without problems.

If you want to make your system faster, see this (XBMC wiki):
This settings allows XBMC to use your GPU rendering fanart and some other images. This will make loading images considerably faster, especially on systems with slower processors (e.g. atom based systems). Do not use this option on Apple TV2 as it is likely to degrade performance because DDS images are not supported.

To enable dds fanart in xbmc, add the following to your advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Use...ttings.xml
(2012-04-22, 12:28)shaktoo Wrote: @ Dan Cooper, trailer support is working well but the data & image scraping is suffering esp in commandline scraping emm is not able to pull no artwork & fanart, if i use mix of olympia's scraper & native xml scraper then again nothing is pulled unless do it all manually .. so Dan & Olympia could you merge the two together ( as Olympia ) that would be really Ideal ...

I tried the combination, and for me all worked: Plot from Olympia XML-Scraper, fanart & poster from nativ tmdb scraper.
But I try to transefer all the optimizations also in the XML-scraper.
Thanks Dan
(2012-04-21, 16:49)TeKo Wrote:
(2012-04-20, 04:35)tedappleberry Wrote: Hi guys, EMM looks awesome.. My videos are currently stored on my NAS and I am set-up using MYSQL because I have a bunch of roomies sharing the collection.In this configuration do I have to do anything special for everybody to enjoy the fruits of EMMs labor or just run it on my scraper machine? XBMC has an advancedsetting,xml feature where I can store some artwork in a shared folder. Do I need to use this function?
Thanks!

XBMC reads the nfos only once so just scrape everything update your DB and you should have access to it from the other machines.

OK, so to use EMM and XBMC with multiple users and MYSQL in what order should things be done? Like, at what point to I export my library and import in to Mysql? Before or after running EMM? My goal is to have all users runnng xBMC to be using Mysql and the shared data generated from EMM. Do I even need to use the shared thumb nails setting in advancedsettings.xml?

Thanks!
(2012-04-22, 19:46)tedappleberry Wrote:
Thanks!

OK, so to use EMM and XBMC with multiple users and MYSQL in what order should things be done? Like, at what point to I export my library and import in to Mysql? Before or after running EMM? My goal is to have all users runnng xBMC to be using Mysql and the shared data generated from EMM. Do I even need to use the shared thumb nails setting in advancedsettings.xml?

Thanks!

What is your XBMC Database state at time? All movies scraped with XBMC and no NFO, posters and fanarts in moviefolders? Local XBMC-DB or MySQL?
(2012-04-22, 19:46)tedappleberry Wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks!

Use Ember to scrape every movie. Use your main machine to scan every movie into XBMC (only time XBMC uses the files scraped with Ember). You should have every Movie in your MySQL db and should be able to access them from every machine. Sharing thumbnails is optional if you want to save some space and its easy to update.
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26