• 87(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Hay i try to use the lastest Ember, but of some reason it wont scrape the fanart

I did try to change back to the lastest one, But that did not work ether.

Any guss what can be wrong ?

/Anton
@olympia well, I'd finish twice as quick Tongue

But I get what you mean.
(2012-07-09, 07:42)olympia Wrote: Yeah, and then how do you think the content providers would tolerate that?

good point.

although you could say such point nicely(not that you did not say that nicely, but you could be nicer. just a thought)

(2012-07-09, 07:56)antonstarlid Wrote: Hay i try to use the lastest Ember, but of some reason it wont scrape the fanart

/Anton

did you by any chance enable cache(as said in my previous post)?

thanks.
Hey guys, a mate of mine has been working rigorously on setting up XBMC. I have been looking around for the answer, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

It is with regards to TV shows in EMBER/XBMC. We know they need to be renamed by the season and episode etc, but how do you guys put in "Specials" that aren't really part of the season episode list? For example in Man Vs Wild there were several mid season specials.

Also, how do you guys deal with music videos (I have a few Metallica blurays which I'd like to put in the collection, but they're neither a TV show or Movie perse)

Any further information would be great.

Cheers
(2012-07-10, 01:59)samos Wrote: It is with regards to TV shows in EMBER/XBMC. We know they need to be renamed by the season and episode etc, but how do you guys put in "Specials" that aren't really part of the season episode list? For example in Man Vs Wild there were several mid season specials.
XBMC and Ember both do TV scraping from thetvdb.com, so it's best to check out the listings there to make sure you're naming your files appropriately. If you look at the complete episode listing for that show, you'll see that users have added 3 specials. Looking at only the specials will make it easier to know how to number the episodes. Specials are "Season 00", so the episode "Sweden with Will Ferrell" should have S00E02 in the filename and be placed in the "Season 00" folder.

(2012-07-10, 01:59)samos Wrote: Also, how do you guys deal with music videos (I have a few Metallica blurays which I'd like to put in the collection, but they're neither a TV show or Movie perse)
For feature length concerts, I'd scrape them as movies and put them in a set together called "Concerts" (or whatever you want to call it), which EMM makes easy to do with its sets manager.
(2012-07-10, 02:29)_matt_ Wrote:
(2012-07-10, 01:59)samos Wrote: Also, how do you guys deal with music videos (I have a few Metallica blurays which I'd like to put in the collection, but they're neither a TV show or Movie perse)
For feature length concerts, I'd scrape them as movies and put them in a set together called "Concerts" (or whatever you want to call it), which EMM makes easy to do with its sets manager.

You can also scrape them as Music Videos with this scraper, which uses themoviedb.org. After that, some skins (Aeon Nox, for example) have a Music Videos menu item on the home screen (or it can be added as a favorite or custom item), and all your concerts and music videos will show up there without having to group them into a set.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2012-07-10, 02:29)_matt_ Wrote:
(2012-07-10, 01:59)samos Wrote: It is with regards to TV shows in EMBER/XBMC. We know they need to be renamed by the season and episode etc, but how do you guys put in "Specials" that aren't really part of the season episode list? For example in Man Vs Wild there were several mid season specials.
XBMC and Ember both do TV scraping from thetvdb.com, so it's best to check out the listings there to make sure you're naming your files appropriately. If you look at the complete episode listing for that show, you'll see that users have added 3 specials. Looking at only the specials will make it easier to know how to number the episodes. Specials are "Season 00", so the episode "Sweden with Will Ferrell" should have S00E02 in the filename and be placed in the "Season 00" folder.

Exactly as _matt_ said. However, if the special you are trying to add is not present in thetvdb.com, then here is what I do:

I rename the file S00Exx. Where xx is, I put in numbers which are NOT in the Season00 of thetvdb.com. So usually S00E99 or whatever. Then I just custom edit that episode in Ember, which will then generate the .nfo file etc. Then it's still listed.

Another alternative is to add the special into thetvdb.com, providing: 1) it is not presently there, 2) the series is not locked 3) the special you are adding has an actual television air date. They tend to not approve of specials that exist purely on DVDs, etc. If you can add it, then doing the naming convention as _matt_ explained will sort you.
(2012-07-09, 07:56)antonstarlid Wrote: Hay i try to use the lastest Ember, but of some reason it wont scrape the fanart

/Anton

Does everything else scrape properly? The posters and actual .nfo stuff?

Is this with movies or tv shows?
Can you call the folder "Season 0" rather than "Season 00" and have no issues? Otherwise I might as well rename "Season 1" to "Season 01" to keep it looking neat.

I've also just found the program TV Rename, helps a lot, in terms of what episodes/seasons your missing. theRenamer is alright too, easier, but doesn't have that function, its basically just a drag and drop re-namer.

On that note, I really like Ember, for movies I just set the following settings and it works fine in XBMC which will pick up the locally scrape data that Ember created.

You must set Poster to Movie.TBN (xbmc format for images), don't set it to .JPG as it won't scrape it from your HDD, silly old tutorials on the net like this http://www.howtogeek.com/?post_type=post&p=61976 have too many files checked, you only need 1 per box. This took me a while to figure out.

Also, ticking "movie.nfo" lets you keep the scene nfo (that nfo file that came with your dl) in the same folder, and XBMC will scrape the text information from "movie.nfo". If you use <movie.nfo>, you cannot keep the scene nfo in the same folder.

I just want to re-inform people of the two points above as it took me some time to get the answers/info.

http://i.imgur.com/JmS0h.jpg

Also, one thing I've noticed, I've scrapped my TV shows etc, put it into XBMC, if I'm in TV Shows, press C, update library, I'm getting like double episodes like S01 E1 E1 E2 E2 etc, any ideas why? I did make some custom NFO files for comedy etc, but I don't think its that?
(2012-07-10, 14:27)leftywhat Wrote: Can you call the folder "Season 0" rather than "Season 00" and have no issues? Otherwise I might as well rename "Season 1" to "Season 01" to keep it looking neat.

I've also just found the program TV Rename, helps a lot, in terms of what episodes/seasons your missing. theRenamer is alright too, easier, but doesn't have that function, its basically just a drag and drop re-namer.

On that note, I really like Ember, for movies I just set the following settings and it works fine in XBMC which will pick up the locally scrape data that Ember created.

You must set Poster to Movie.TBN (xbmc format for images), don't set it to .JPG as it won't scrape it from your HDD, silly old tutorials on the net like this http://www.howtogeek.com/?post_type=post&p=61976 have too many files checked, you only need 1 per box. This took me a while to figure out.

Also, ticking "movie.nfo" lets you keep the scene nfo (that nfo file that came with your dl) in the same folder, and XBMC will scrape the text information from "movie.nfo". If you use <movie.nfo>, you cannot keep the scene nfo in the same folder.

I just want to re-inform people of the two points above as it took me some time to get the answers/info.

http://i.imgur.com/JmS0h.jpg

Also, one thing I've noticed, I've scrapped my TV shows etc, put it into XBMC, if I'm in TV Shows, press C, update library, I'm getting like double episodes like S01 E1 E1 E2 E2 etc, any ideas why? I did make some custom NFO files for comedy etc, but I don't think its that?

You can call it Season 0, Season 1, etc. That works fine.

Renamer is my preference, but they both work good. What I do is after I rip them from DVD, etc, I run my files through Renamer, then if it sorts that no problems then I know Ember and ultimately XBMC will read them grand. It's very good with TV Shows, because a slight typo can cause absolute havoc or one episode to sneakily not get scraped, etc.

As far as ticking movie.nfo, that is true but I encountered previous issues by not having it be <movie.nfo>. But if it works for you, grand.

As to why you are getting duplicates. If you add an .nfo and then re-update, it could duplicate. I would need to see more information, but for instance...I had misnamed something in ER, and got a couple episodes switched arseways. Correcting it and re-updating created duplicates. It was easier to remove the entire season from XBMC and reupdate.
First, a thanks for this software. The bulk renamer really helped in organizing my movies. I would also like to suggest a feature.

It'll be nice if the bulk renamer can either embed the original movie file name in the movie (if possible) or output a txt file with the name of the movie. This will make it easier to identify movies which have been misnamed.
(2012-07-10, 16:22)fional Wrote: As to why you are getting duplicates. If you add an .nfo and then re-update, it could duplicate. I would need to see more information, but for instance...I had misnamed something in ER, and got a couple episodes switched arseways. Correcting it and re-updating created duplicates. It was easier to remove the entire season from XBMC and reupdate.

I figured it out, was something weird in my library. When i went into videos, I removed everything, but for some reason there were still TV shows (4 left), I somehow removed it from the library, not not C > Remove, was in playlists or something, I have nfi.. weird.
Would it be difficult to implement a method to choose which title is scraped? A lot of movies I scrape aren't using the title I would like, for example The Dark Knight scrapes as Batman: The Dark Knight and some (but not all) of the Star Trek movies scrape as Star Trek # rather than the full title.
Does anyone know where Ember is saving the other image files?

I have a all seasons poster (the banner is currently poster.jpg) but I don't know where the all seasons image is saved. The only jpg's I see are fanart.jpg and poster.jpg
(2012-07-11, 21:17)CrashnBrn Wrote: Does anyone know where Ember is saving the other image files?

I have a all seasons poster (the banner is currently poster.jpg) but I don't know where the all seasons image is saved. The only jpg's I see are fanart.jpg and poster.jpg
Should be in the same directory as all the season folders, the tvshow.nfo file, etc. When I save an all seasons poster via a scrape with EMM, I have it set to save the image as both "season-all.tbn" and "season-all.jpg".
  • 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26