• 92(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-08-09, 20:18)Randrage Wrote: Any progress on adding ability to download banner.jpg and poster.jpg? I noticed there was a "Show banner.jpg" option but I'm assuming that doesn't actually download it.

Edit:The reason I think this feature would be beneficial is that there are several XBMC skins now that use both. e.g. banner.jpg when browsing all shows, and poster.jpg (or folder.jpg) when viewing information panel for a show etc.

Well I'm working on a lot of things right now, so I would potentially expect this to be part of the overall rework, I'm making progress slowly but surely, right now I'm working on scraping and getting data into Ember. Still no idea of a timeline on when things will be ready.
We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
(2012-08-11, 18:34)bodrick Wrote:
(2012-08-09, 20:18)Randrage Wrote: Any progress on adding ability to download banner.jpg and poster.jpg? I noticed there was a "Show banner.jpg" option but I'm assuming that doesn't actually download it.

Edit:The reason I think this feature would be beneficial is that there are several XBMC skins now that use both. e.g. banner.jpg when browsing all shows, and poster.jpg (or folder.jpg) when viewing information panel for a show etc.

Well I'm working on a lot of things right now, so I would potentially expect this to be part of the overall rework, I'm making progress slowly but surely, right now I'm working on scraping and getting data into Ember. Still no idea of a timeline on when things will be ready.

No worries. Thanks for replying and your hard work on this app. It is much appreciated.

(2012-07-29, 20:55)W1nks Wrote:
(2012-07-28, 01:41)allio Wrote:
(2012-07-01, 22:02)W1nks Wrote: I am having problems using Ember Media Manager 1.3.0.7. I downloaded the latest version and set all my configurations but I am having problems getting it to save the files to my file server. I have the network path (ex. \\server\movies) listed for my path. It recognizes all the movies in there it's just when I try to scrape it doesn't save any files (nfo, fanart, and thumbnail) to the folders. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am able to use Windows Explorer and go to the movie folders and create new folders/files with no problem so I don't think it's a permissions issue. Thanks!

I just fixed this on my install. The problem was that I was having to run Ember as an administrator, which meant it was running as a user that didn't have write access to the network drive on my server. I moved the Ember directory out of C:\Program Files and into a regular directory. This allowed me to run it as a non-admin, which fixed the problem. Hope this helps!

I have it in My Documents and it still is not working. I only have one Windows account on my computer also. The funny thing is that TV shows work but my movies folder doesn't. They're both on the same share (\\server\media\Movies and \\server\media\TV Shows). Any other ideas?
Windows 7 I assume? Try adding the server path to the Credential Manager(aka Windows Vault) in Windows. That's what worked for me, and every once in awhile I have to delete and re-add it.
(2012-08-11, 21:19)jaychamp Wrote:
(2012-07-29, 20:55)W1nks Wrote:
(2012-07-28, 01:41)allio Wrote: I just fixed this on my install. The problem was that I was having to run Ember as an administrator, which meant it was running as a user that didn't have write access to the network drive on my server. I moved the Ember directory out of C:\Program Files and into a regular directory. This allowed me to run it as a non-admin, which fixed the problem. Hope this helps!

I have it in My Documents and it still is not working. I only have one Windows account on my computer also. The funny thing is that TV shows work but my movies folder doesn't. They're both on the same share (\\server\media\Movies and \\server\media\TV Shows). Any other ideas?
Windows 7 I assume? Try adding the server path to the Credential Manager(aka Windows Vault) in Windows. That's what worked for me, and every once in awhile I have to delete and re-add it.

Yes, Windows 7. I tried deleting and readding it and that didn't help. Any other ideas?
When Ember is working with XBMC scrapers (which is the goal if I understand correctly) is it possible to dl logo and clearart with ember?

Some skins use them for movies and it looks really nice but I dont really like Artwork Downloader would be nice to download them with ember.
Can http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embermm/repository please be updated with latest code?

Thanks!

Update: Or just remove it, since I see https://github.com/bodrick/Ember-MM is being used now.

BTW how to build correctly? Seems files are missing:

Code:
Error    1    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    Ember Media Manager
Error    2    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    EmberAPI
Error    3    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.BulkRename
Error    6    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.MovieExporter
Error    7    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.NMT
Error    9    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.OfflineHolder
Error    10    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.WebServer
Error    14    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    scraper.EmberCore
Error    15    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    scraper.EmberCore.XML
Error    4    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\generic.EmberCore.Extractor\ResGen    generic.EmberCore.Extractor
Error    5    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\generic.EmberCore.MediaFileManager\ResGen    generic.EmberCore.MediaFileManager
Error    8    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\generic.EmberCore.Notifications\ResGen    generic.EmberCore.Notifications
Error    11    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\generic.EmberCore.XBMC\ResGen    generic.EmberCore.XBMC
Error    12    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\multi.Compatibility\ResGen    multi.Compatibility
Error    13    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\multi.EmberExtras\ResGen    multi.EmberExtras

Update 2: OK I downloaded https://nuget.org/nuget.exe and now it builds just fine. Guess it's a license issue?

PS: Perhaps you should merge the Jul 01, 2012 commits at https://github.com/jfearon/Ember-MM/commits/master .
Is there a way to download English only movie posters? When it scraps itself some movies download non-English posters. Then I have to spend time manually scraping the ones with non-English posters.
Newbie to EMM and I need some help with the offline media manager. I selected used my Offline Movies folder as Source. I put "Takers" in for place holder folder/movie name. Found the movie and downloaded the artwork.

Under condition I have:
Source Folder - Valid (green)
Movie Folder Name - Exists (red)
Place Holder Image - Valid (green)

I'm not able to click Create... probably because of the "Movie Folder Name - Exists (red)". So what am I missing?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.
(2012-08-18, 18:03)Randall Lind Wrote: Is there a way to download English only movie posters? When it scraps itself some movies download non-English posters. Then I have to spend time manually scraping the ones with non-English posters.

+1

This would be a huge plus! I hate having to check through hundreds of movies manually to see if poster is in english or other foreign language! Such a time waster, would be much easier if you could choose to always set as english first and then if not available set as an alternative!
(2012-08-18, 19:15)KILLERNADS Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 18:03)Randall Lind Wrote: Is there a way to download English only movie posters? When it scraps itself some movies download non-English posters. Then I have to spend time manually scraping the ones with non-English posters.

+1

This would be a huge plus! I hate having to check through hundreds of movies manually to see if poster is in english or other foreign language! Such a time waster, would be much easier if you could choose to always set as english first and then if not available set as an alternative!

I notice this first in xbmc then I scroll through like 1000 movies and I would say 300-400 had this issue
(2012-08-18, 19:20)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 19:15)KILLERNADS Wrote:

+1

I notice this first in xbmc then I scroll through like 1000 movies and I would say 300-400 had this issue

I believe he is working on this issue as it has been brought up before at least once before.
Is there something like the "offline media manager" but for tv shows? That creates the placeholder folder and files? I'm trying to organize the tv shows that I have backed up on discs.
I will ask again been awhile does anyone have this issue. When I use the bulk renamed when done all my movies are listed twice.

1) J:Saw

2) J:\Saw

I ask before and no one seem to have this issue now if I rename movies one at a time I don't have this issue. It seems I can fix this by deleting Jobslogs.emm and Media.emm and re adding the directories. I have no idea why this happens
Is there a way, for tv shows, I can get ember to save the season fanart in a format like this as well:

seasonX-fanart.jpg

rather than

season X-fanart.jpg

- it may be simpler for me to just change Nox, but for compatibility reasons, it be class if I could do both
seasonX-fanart.jpg and season X-fanart.jpg.

I'm not, personally, over-fussed and tend to have a mad redundancy of images by ticking all the boxes.
(2012-08-18, 15:22)war59312 Wrote: Can http://ember.purplepig.net/projects/embermm/repository please be updated with latest code?

Thanks!

Update: Or just remove it, since I see https://github.com/bodrick/Ember-MM is being used now.

BTW how to build correctly? Seems files are missing:

Code:
Error    1    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    Ember Media Manager
Error    2    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    EmberAPI
Error    3    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.BulkRename
Error    6    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.MovieExporter
Error    7    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.NMT
Error    9    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.OfflineHolder
Error    10    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    generic.EmberCore.WebServer
Error    14    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    scraper.EmberCore
Error    15    Unable to locate 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\.nuget\nuget.exe'    scraper.EmberCore.XML
Error    4    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\generic.EmberCore.Extractor\ResGen    generic.EmberCore.Extractor
Error    5    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\generic.EmberCore.MediaFileManager\ResGen    generic.EmberCore.MediaFileManager
Error    8    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\generic.EmberCore.Notifications\ResGen    generic.EmberCore.Notifications
Error    11    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\generic.EmberCore.XBMC\ResGen    generic.EmberCore.XBMC
Error    12    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\multi.Compatibility\ResGen    multi.Compatibility
Error    13    Could not load referenced assembly "C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll".  Caught a FileNotFoundException saying "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\EmberMM-Dev\EmberAPI.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".    C:\Users\Will\Desktop\bodrick-Ember-MM-be61071\Addons\multi.EmberExtras\ResGen    multi.EmberExtras

Update 2: OK I downloaded https://nuget.org/nuget.exe and now it builds just fine. Guess it's a license issue?

PS: Perhaps you should merge the Jul 01, 2012 commits at https://github.com/jfearon/Ember-MM/commits/master .

Well I'm currently working on a complete rework of ember that is not public yet due to the extreme brokenness of the code, i.e tons of missing functionality etc. I don't have a time-frame on when this will be complete, some days I get more accomplished than others depending on the day.

(2012-08-18, 21:16)khaoohs Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 19:20)Randall Lind Wrote:
(2012-08-18, 19:15)KILLERNADS Wrote: +1

I believe he is working on this issue as it has been brought up before at least once before.

I'm hoping that with my changes this will be the case, but then I will be at the whim of the scrapers in XBMC, so if the scrapers of XBMC can do it, so will Ember.

We do all this for the fun of it, we don't care about the rewards or the riches, we do it because its who we are.

Visit my project page for Ember at http://ember.purplepig.net
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26