• 79(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
(2012-05-31, 15:40)rocks911 Wrote: Is there a program that can deal with creating folders for movies/TV shows?
I am interested in using Ember but dont have my movies in a folder of their own. I have lots of content and the process would be daunting to do by hand.

Check file2folder here: http://code.google.com/p/file2foldergui/downloads/list

When you run it, you'll pick a folder. It will then look at all the files in the folder, and for each one, create a folder and move the file into it.

The downside - if you have multiple files reloating to a single movie (like movie-cd1, movie-cd2, movie-srr) I think it creates a separate folder for each of them.

But it still dramatically reduces the amount of work to do for most people.You might just have a few to clean up and correct like that.

(2012-05-30, 21:48)kevjs1982 Wrote: I've tried to add a new folder to Ember today and when I attempt to scan it I get the following error

Code:
================= <Assembly Versions> =================

Title: Error
StackTrace:    at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
   at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value)
   at EmberAPI.Scanner.bwPrelim_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 30/05/2012 20:42:33
===========================================================================================

I have tried downloading the latest version and running from my desktop, disabling the scrapers and then adding a known good folder and it still does exactly the same thing - is there any further debugging I can see to see if it's my machine (running Vista) or library or is it a known bug. Any existing folder in my primary install can be scanned as normal.

Sorted it - looks like it's using an odd date format when adding a new folder.

If you open the Media.emm in a SQLite browser the LastScan of most files is in the format of "31/05/2012 21:26:51"

However for the newly added folder the LastScan value is "5/31/2012 9:30:05 PM" (note the day and month being back to front and the use of the 12 hour clock).

Running the query

update sources set LastScan = "01/01/2012 21:00:00" WHERE ID = 8

Got it working again Smile
Perhaps I'm confused - but Ember keeps writing over my predownloaded folder.jpg/fanart.jpg.

I ask it to scrape a movie and it deletes the art.

Please help.
Keeps freezing on me! I want to rescrape my whole movie section and it starts but after the 1st or 2nd one it freezes and has to be hard closed... What am I doing wrong? I just .nfo's and artwork for all of my movies so xbmc doesn't need to add any.
Having trouble.
I am using v2421_x86 on my W7 64 bit machine.
I first created folders for each movie (I had them all in just a couple of folders) which took no time at all.
I then scraped my 600 movies. Darn few were successfully scraped, I mean like twenty or so.
I made no adjustments to the default scraper settings, just used auto. Dont know why so few were successful.

Any thoughts?
(2012-06-03, 10:57)crimsonfury Wrote: Keeps freezing on me! I want to rescrape my whole movie section and it starts but after the 1st or 2nd one it freezes and has to be hard closed... What am I doing wrong? I just .nfo's and artwork for all of my movies so xbmc doesn't need to add any.

I got the same thing. When i turned off notifications everything went fine.
Notifications?

Unfortunately the same is happening for me, cant find notifications though, in settings?

Settings and then go to modules.
Nevermind, found it.
Doesnt lock up now, but also doesnt return many results.

Is there a program that works better, or is this cutting edge?
If you don't get many results it is probably a settings issue. Ember find everything here. Did you named your files correctly?
I have used a pretty typical naming convention.
For example: Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas (1998)
Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (2008)
Clerks 2 (2006)

with both the movie and the folder having the same name.

Out of 538 movies 10 are tagged.

Does it matter what format they are in? I have MKV, AVI, and others, but really that doesnt seem to matter. Not sure what is going on.
Did you make sure you chose for recursive scanning?
I tried using Ember portable 1.2.2385, couldnt even successfully add a source. I specified the path but the OK button never illuminated.
Six hours later, no joy.
Try another day.
Any help would be appreciated.

Yes I chose recursive scanning.
I followed this tutorial:http://www.howtogeek.com/61976/how-to-use-ember-media-manager-to-whip-your-media-collection-into-shape/

This is how these things seem to go, I think its the W7 64 bit machine, I have nothing but trouble with it getting along with other programs.

Thanks Chris for taking the time, I really appreciate the kindness of strangers
Wow, that's and old version. Check the new one. You can find it in the topicstart.
(2012-06-05, 22:22)ciris Wrote: Wow, that's and old version. Check the new one. You can find it in the topicstart.

Dont take the version from topicstart. This version have a SQL error. Thake the version from my signature.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26