• 255(current)
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)
Tutorial for adapting an old Database for Ember 1.3.0.12 and newer

If this message appears, the database needs to be adjusted:

Step 1:
Confirm the message and close Ember Media Manager.

Step 2:
Download SQLite Database Browser

Step 3:
Start SQLite Database Browser and open the file "Media.emm_old".

Step 4:
Click on "Modify Table"

Step 5:
Select "Movies" and click on "Edit"

Step 6:
Scroll down to "Watched" and click on "Edit field"

Step 7:
Change the field name to
Code:
HasWatched

Click on "Custom type" [...] an enter
Code:
BOOL

Click on "Apply Changes"

Step 8:
Close the "Edit table definition" window and save the database.

Step 9:
Remove the empty database (Media.emm) in Ember root folder and rename "Media.emm_old" to "Media.emm"

Step 10:
Start Ember Media Manager
for some reason i'm unable to scrape tv shows - it fails to find the shows on thetvdb even if i provide the show id manually, any ideas?
(2013-05-01, 00:56)logictester Wrote: for some reason i'm unable to scrape tv shows - it fails to find the shows on thetvdb even if i provide the show id manually, any ideas?

Check dan cooper signature for the latest build
(2013-05-01, 02:44)bry- Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 00:56)logictester Wrote: for some reason i'm unable to scrape tv shows - it fails to find the shows on thetvdb even if i provide the show id manually, any ideas?

Check dan cooper signature for the latest build

i was on 1.3.0.10 and now on 1.3.0.11 and it's still the same, from the log:

Title: Error
StackTrace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadData(String URL)
Date/Time: 4/30/2013 11:00:40 PM

please ignore - internet connection issues Smile everything works great
Translators, please translate the last lines for the next release on Transifex.
Thx.
(2013-04-30, 12:01)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 22:38)IceNine Wrote: I recently started to try using EMM 1.3.0.11 and ran into a problem right away. I started fresh, readding my sources and using the 'XBMC Frodo' buttons when setting up the files used for movies and TV shows. Everything else is stock, although I did try customizing my settings to be the same as my currently working 1.3.0.9 install to no effect.On the initial scan I will get one of these messages for every movie I have

Code:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at EmberAPI.Scanner.GetMovieFolderContents(MovieContainer& Movie)
Date/Time: 4/29/2013 4:28:32 PM
===========================================================================================

and EMM doesn't register any of the existing nfo's, posters or fanart. They just show up as empty. The movies still have the correct names instead of the file names, so something is being read properly. I also get the error if I try to rescrape any of the movies. The local files are updated after a rescrape but they still don't register as existing in EMM. Any help will be appreciated.

IceNine,
you have PM Messaging disabled so I cannot answer you via PM.

I need the full structure (or you can cut it if you want). The structure you sent should not work.

Your configuration is very similar to mine but my directory structure is
x:\movies
x:\movies\movie 1
x:\movies\movie 1\movie 1.mpg
x:\movies\movie 1\movie 1.nfo
x:\movies\movie 1\movie 1.jpg
x:\movies\movie 1\movie 1-fanart.jpg
x:\movies\movie 1\movie 1-poster.jpg
x:\movies\movie 2
x:\movies\movie 2\movie 2.mpg
x:\movies\movie 2\movie 2.nfo
x:\movies\movie 2\movie 2.jpg
x:\movies\movie 2\movie 2-fanart.jpg
x:\movies\movie 2\movie 2-poster.jpg

M
If you think I'm useful please use the +/- button to raise my reputation
(2013-05-01, 13:09)m.savazzi Wrote:
(2013-04-29, 22:38)IceNine Wrote: I recently started to try using EMM 1.3.0.11 and ran into a problem right away. I started fresh, readding my sources and using the 'XBMC Frodo' buttons when setting up the files used for movies and TV shows. Everything else is stock, although I did try customizing my settings to be the same as my currently working 1.3.0.9 install to no effect.On the initial scan I will get one of these messages for every movie I have

Code:
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace:    at EmberAPI.Scanner.GetMovieFolderContents(MovieContainer& Movie)
Date/Time: 4/29/2013 4:28:32 PM
===========================================================================================

and EMM doesn't register any of the existing nfo's, posters or fanart. They just show up as empty. The movies still have the correct names instead of the file names, so something is being read properly. I also get the error if I try to rescrape any of the movies. The local files are updated after a rescrape but they still don't register as existing in EMM. Any help will be appreciated.

IceNine,

I need the full structure (or you can cut it if you want). The structure you sent should not work.

M

Sorry about that, PMs should be on now. I still wanted to post my reply here for everyone's reference though.

The structure I have now,

X:\Movie1.mp4
X:\Movie1.nfo
X:\Movie1.tbn
X:\Movie1-fanart.jpg
X:\Movie2.mp4
X:\Movie2.nfo
X:\Movie2.tbn
X:\Movie2-fanart.jpg

has been working for me since I started using XBMC at Babylon, and I have never had any issues with it under EMM until 1.3.0.10 and .11. It continues to work under 1.3.0.9 and XBMC Frodo. I'm not sure what happened in the last 2 upgrades but I get the same error message no matter what I do on both versions. When I add the source path on any version of EMM I always check the box to Scan Recursively and uncheck "Only Detect One Movie From Each Folder" and this has worked for me fine until now. I don't use Extrathumbs, for which I know the structure you have is required, so I don't know what the difference could be between 1.3.0.9 and 1.0.3.10-11 that broke things.
Client: XBMCuntu Frodo - ASRock ION 330 Pro - Logitech Harmony One
Server: 4U NORCO RPC-4220 20-drive case - UnRAID 5.0 - 38 TB parity-protected storage
(2013-05-01, 16:39)IceNine Wrote:
(2013-05-01, 13:09)m.savazzi Wrote:

IceNine,

M

Sorry about that, PMs should be on now. I still wanted to post my reply here for everyone's reference though.

The structure I have now,

X:\Movie1.mp4
X:\Movie1.nfo
X:\Movie1.tbn
X:\Movie1-fanart.jpg
X:\Movie2.mp4
X:\Movie2.nfo
X:\Movie2.tbn
X:\Movie2-fanart.jpg

has been working for me since I started using XBMC at Babylon, and I have never had any issues with it under EMM until 1.3.0.10 and .11. It continues to work under 1.3.0.9 and XBMC Frodo. I'm not sure what happened in the last 2 upgrades but I get the same error message no matter what I do on both versions. When I add the source path on any version of EMM I always check the box to Scan Recursively and uncheck "Only Detect One Movie From Each Folder" and this has worked for me fine until now. I don't use Extrathumbs, for which I know the structure you have is required, so I don't know what the difference could be between 1.3.0.9 and 1.0.3.10-11 that broke things.

The function "move movies in a separate folder" is fixed in the next release.
But I will check also if there is a problem with your file structure.
Dan, I know you said you were looking into scraping the movies using imdb info from the filename, is that something that might be in the next release as well? or maybe you've decided this isn't valuable or doable or maybe a future release? very much anticipating this next release! thanks again to everyone for keeping this project alive
(2013-05-01, 18:00)ejkeebler Wrote: Dan, I know you said you were looking into scraping the movies using imdb info from the filename, is that something that might be in the next release as well? or maybe you've decided this isn't valuable or doable or maybe a future release? very much anticipating this next release! thanks again to everyone for keeping this project alive

Yes it's in the next release. If you use the year before the ID in folder name, you must remove the year tag in the movie title cleaning function (sorry for my english, I hope you understand what I try to say).
That's fantastic, I cannot wait until the next release.

PS. I think I understand what you're saying just fine!
Any clue you can give us when next update will be out?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
Pardon me if this was already covered but how come on the official Ember MM website the newest release is 1.3.0.11, on GIT its 1.3.0.10 and in DanCooper's signature it is 1.3.0.11?

What is exactly going on with the development team?
(2013-05-02, 02:13)werkkrew Wrote: Pardon me if this was already covered but how come on the official Ember MM website the newest release is 1.3.0.11, on GIT its 1.3.0.10 and in DanCooper's signature it is 1.3.0.11?

What is exactly going on with the development team?

Probably someone forgot to update something.

I doubt you need to know what "exactly" is going with the dev team.

Just keep an eye on this forum and will you know enough about what's going on.
Code:
Changelog 1.3.0.12 (02.05.2013):

Movie List Exporter Module: (Cocotus)
- fixed: Watched /Unwatched Filter is now working when clicking on "ALL"
- fixed: No more crashes during saving process (dropped the filedialog and uses exportpath setting instead)
- added: TVShow View (just a list of all tv shows with season posters)
- added: Now everytime Watched or Unwatched checkbox is clicked, navigation will be updated at once
- changed: Trailer/IMDB Link opens in new tab/window
- changed: Moved Export settings to module settings, added JPG Quality setting to further reduce filesize and therefore decrease loading time

Renamer Module:
- fixed: manually rename destroyed VIDEO_TS/BDMV structure
- fixed: Bulk Renamer destroyed VIDEO_TS/BDMV structure
- fixed: help window cuts a part of text

YAMJ Module:
- added: save AllSeasonPoster as "Set_<Show>_1.banner.jpg"
- fixed: module setting page does not deactivate tv show images
- fixed: local files are not recognized

Ember Main:
- fixed: all images bugs with posters and fanarts (m.savazzi)
- fixed: frame exctration does not work for episodes (m.savazzi)
- fixed: poster/fanart preview not works (m.savazzi)
- fixed: season fanart can't change if episodes are not in a separate season folder
- fixed: not all the local posters/fanarts are deleted on first scraping/change movie/tv show
- fixed: Ember always create a fanart backdrop in Ember root folder
- fixed: unique filenames for fanart backdrops (<original movie title>_<IMDB ID>.jpg)
- fixed: season refresh does not save to database
- fixed: file stacking does not work with more then one digit (CD01)
- fixed: file info in movie search result windows display always the first scraped movie
- fixed: only a file name variant is saved for VIDEO_TS & BDMV, although several are activated
- fixed: file sorter does not move "*-poster.jpg"
- fixed: check title match confidence (known as "pink movie list bug")
- fixed: studioname in tv shows does not display
- fixed: mouse over studioname in tv shows creates an error when no movies are available in database
- fixed: trailer checkboxes in native and TMDB scraper settings page
- added: "Has Watched" column for movies and episodes (hide option in settings)
- added: export movies and tv shows to XML file (Tools menu), can be opened by Excel (Cocotus)
- added: subtitle lock (Cocotus)
- added: native and TMDB Scraper use IMDB ID in foldername *
- added: CTRL+A works now for plot and outline
- added: scrollbars for plot and outline
- changed: typ "Poster" as standard for tv shows
- removed: option "Check for Updates"
- removed: option "banner.jpg" in tv show (no banner support yet)
- updated: MediaInfo.dll and ffmpeg.exe

- updated: german & norwegian languages
- added: dutch language (99% translated) (Shemhazai2, remmie, matrix808, kriss1981)
- added: spanish language (87% translated) (orbtwin, bsoriano, diegobarrioh)
- added: italian language (80% translated) (Wolf666)

* If you use "Folder/File Name Filter" it is necessary to adjust the filter properly, so that the IMDB ID is not removed.

Check my signature for download links.

Edit: JcMatos has finished the Portuguese (Brazil) langpack! It's not inside the 1.3.0.12 release, but also on FTP to download.
  • 255(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Home for Ember Media Manager (Official Thread)26