How do I share my movies from pc to pc?
Question 
I have already looked at the wiki and I have read other threads/posts on this but I STILL just don't understand this smb thing. No

I have two computers running windows 7 ultimate. One computer has all my movies and tv shows and I would like to play them on the other computer. So far I shared the folders which have my media but I don't know what to put in the add videos in xbmc. :confused2: This is all new to me sorry! Blush

I was planning to buy an apple tv 2 or a Zotac for this but I assume it's the same process for both and I can't even do it with the computers I have now. Sad
See my post in this thread to see if it will help.
Hunter2-1 Wrote:I have already looked at the wiki and I have read other threads/posts on this but I STILL just don't understand this smb thing. No

I have two computers running windows 7 ultimate. One computer has all my movies and tv shows and I would like to play them on the other computer. So far I shared the folders which have my media but I don't know what to put in the add videos in xbmc. :confused2: This is all new to me sorry! Blush

I was planning to buy an apple tv 2 or a Zotac for this but I assume it's the same process for both and I can't even do it with the computers I have now. Sad

After sharing the folder, are you able to navigate (from the computer you want to play on) via Windows Explorer to My Network --> Computer name that contains the shared folder --> shared folder name?

If you can, you should be able to navigate this same path from xbmc. Alternatively, on your xbmc machine, you could map the the shared folder to a drive letter (using Windows Explorer) and then use this path in xbmc.
foghat Wrote:After sharing the folder, are you able to navigate (from the computer you want to play on) via Windows Explorer to My Network --> Computer name that contains the shared folder --> shared folder name?

If you can, you should be able to navigate this same path from xbmc. Alternatively, on your xbmc machine, you could map the the shared folder to a drive letter (using Windows Explorer) and then use this path in xbmc.

Thanks! Big Grin
Your post should be in the wiki. Nod
Gr8rtek Wrote:See my post in this thread to see if it will help.

Whoops my previous post was for you...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I share my movies from pc to pc?0