Recommendation on Hardware for a Window's based Mini-ITX HTPC Build (Group #7)
pglover19 Wrote:What advantage would the external player have over the native player used by XBMC?
Here are the advantages- bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD, playback ISO, etc.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Well, the XBMC setup in the Family room is almost complete. Waiting on my HP receiver to complete the setup of my Harmony remote. In the meantime, the streaming of the 1080P content over the network with this machine is flawless. No stuttering at all.

I am so impressed, that I am thinking about getting another Gateway SX2370-UR30P to run XBMC in my master bedroom where I have 5.1 surround system as well. Should I go ahead and purchase the pre-built unit (Gateway) or build one this time?

One more question about the HP IR receiver. It looks like the model number of the HP receiver is 5188-1667. However; on Ebay there are some different model numbers for this receiver like 5187-2503 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HP-MCE-Remot...5d317df07f), and 5187-4593(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-Origin...3a6da664ef). Should I am be looking for the 5188-1667 model? Please advise.
pglover19 Wrote:In the meantime, the streaming of the 1080P content over the network with this machine is flawless. No stuttering at all.
How was the bitstreaming?

pglover19 Wrote:I am so impressed, that I am thinking about getting another Gateway SX2370-UR30P to run XBMC in my master bedroom where I have 5.1 surround system as well. Should I go ahead and purchase the pre-built unit (Gateway) or build one this time?
If you are happy with the first unit, why not another one? The price is right too! Smile

pglover19 Wrote:One more question about the HP IR receiver. It looks like the model number of the HP receiver is 5188-1667. However; on Ebay there are some different model numbers for this receiver like 5187-2503 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HP-MCE-Remot...5d317df07f), and 5187-4593(http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-NEW-Origin...3a6da664ef). Should I am be looking for the 5188-1667 model? Please advise.
I'm not sure about the one on Ebay, but I have this "HP OEM Windows 7" and it work great.
bluray Wrote:How was the bitstreaming?

If you are happy with the first unit, why not another one? The price is right too! Smile

I'm not sure about the one on Ebay, but I have this "HP OEM Windows 7" and it work great.

The audio is great...

As far as the HP IR receiver, it looks like it will take from 17-28 days to receive the one from Amazon. How long did it take you to receive the remote? I need one in 2 or 3 days...
pglover19 Wrote:The audio is great...
I meant bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD, is it great?

pglover19 Wrote:As far as the HP IR receiver, it looks like it will take from 17-28 days to receive the one from Amazon. How long did it take you to receive the remote? I need one in 2 or 3 days...
I ordered stuffs from Amazon nearly 10 years, and I received all my orders within 1 to 2 days.
bluray Wrote:I meant bitstreaming DTS-HD and TrueHD, is it great?

I ordered stuffs from Amazon nearly 10 years, and I received all my orders within 1 to 2 days.

No problem bitstreaming DTS-HD for TrueHD.. I will go ahead and the order the HP IR receiver from Amazon...
pglover19 Wrote:No problem bitstreaming DTS-HD for TrueHD.. I will go ahead and the order the HP IR receiver from Amazon...
That is what I thought...and any HD6xxx card should be able to bitstream HD audio! Smile
bluray Wrote:That is what I thought...and any HD6xxx card should be able to bitstream HD audio! Smile

yepp, they do!
eskro Wrote:yepp, they do!

Eskro & BluRay,

I am trying to find the HP IR receiver (5188-1667) on the internet or Ebay in the US. I am trying to get the unit shipped to me by Wednesday (12/21). Any recommendation on where I can find one? The one on Amazon will take several weeks....
eskro Wrote:yepp, they do!

Eskro,

What is your opinion on the Gateway SX2370-UR30P unit versus a custom build?
well, what can i say, im a custom guy Tongue
but for those who dont feel like building their won,
well, i have no objections on this Gateway!
eskro Wrote:well, what can i say, im a custom guy Tongue
but for those who dont feel like building their won,
well, i have no objections on this Gateway!

Can you build one with the same or better specs cheaper?
what price your looking at?
eskro Wrote:what price your looking at?

The Gateway PC is $350 including everything (OS, memory, etc.).
eskro Wrote:what price your looking at?

Any recommendation on a custom build that can met or beat the $350 Gateway specs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommendation on Hardware for a Window's based Mini-ITX HTPC Build (Group #7)0