Sort music albums on "artist"
Hello,

Using XBMC for 4 months now. I'm loving it.
But there's still one problem i can't manage. I want to catogorize my music albums on artist level. For example: I've got 7 albums of Metallica, but i don't want to see them seperatly. I just want to see Artist: Metallica and when i select this, then i want to see all the different albums.

Example 2: I've got 7 different albums of "Soul of Ibiza". Now i see all albums seperatly. My goal is to see just "Soul of Ibiza" and when i select this, i want to see the different albums (Soul of Ibiza 2006, Soul of Ibiza 2007 etc.)

It's probably a "noob" question, but i've searched a very long time on the forum etc. But didnt get the correct answer to my question.

I hope someone can help me with this.
Have you svanned your music to the library and enabled library mode?

With the library enabled, when you go into Music from the Home screen you see a list of options, one of which is "Artists". Select this and you get a list of artists. Select an artist, e.g. Metallica, and you get a list of their albums.

JR
I have just added my music to XBMC library. Everything is pretty cool but i was wondering one thing is intentional or am i missing something.

Example:
I have an artist with 3 full albums. Artistalbum tag is lets say Metallica. This artist also has a track on a compilation album. Compilation album has artist tag "Various artists".

I open the library with artist sorting and browse to metallica. With the 3 full metallica album XBMC also shows the compilation album that contains only one track, the one where metallica is artist (not album artist). Then i go back to artist list and move to Various Artists entry. It has the compilation album and the Metallica track.

So the same track has two entries in the library!

How to prevent this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort music albums on "artist"0