Script for generating XBMC photo thumbnails
Anybody has a script to generate picture thumbnails for XBMC?

I have a large collection of photos and it is way to inconvenient to go into every single folder in XBMC and wait until all the thumbnails of this folder were generated before going to the next folder of photos.

I have all my photos as well as the XBMC thumbnails (via path substitution)stored on a Synology NAS (212+). I would like to have a script (e.g. perl script) that runs on my NAS and that generates all missing thumbnails automatically and stores them in the correct location within the XBMC thumbnails directory (I think location is based on CRC of filename+path).

For optimizing the speed, it could just extract the preview image of the JPEG EXIF metadata, if available, e.g. using exiftool perl library.

Even better would be to reuse the thumbnails that the Synology photostation software generates anyway, but I don't know the location of these thumbnails and how to build a link between both systems.
in this thread you can find more details about this known issue:

Improving the picture viewing features in XBMC.

also you can start pray that someone from dev team will help all XBMC windows users resolve it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script for generating XBMC photo thumbnails0