Add settings to support dynamic libraries
Lightbulb 
First of all, I love XBMC Big Grin.

Currently the Media Library of XBMC seems to be made for Libraries that get new content. And not for libraries that have content deleted on regular basis.

Here some issues and features to request:

- When you turn on automatic scanning for TV-Shows, it stays off. I go back and check and its still turned off.

- I cannot delete the media file in library mode, I can only delete the item from the library.

- scanning for new media only adds new files, it does not automatically clean up deleted items from the library.

- It seems automatic scanning does not seem to run properly, I expect it to run continuously or very often. I would be great to be able to schedule this to check every 30 minutes / hour.

- I'm using the Aeon MK3 skin wich I love. But when I go to view it takes up to 10 seconds before the view is generated. My Library is not that big. Most skins have this issue, just maybe 1 or 2 simplistic skins do not have this. When its building the view, the HDD led is not active.

Motivation: I watch allot of TV-Shows and Movies. After I have seen them, I want to delete them right away so my disc won't run full. I only want to keep the movies I really like. This cannot be done from the Library Mode. I have to browse to file mode every time I do that. Others I know are also missing this feature.

I'm running the latest nightly build of Pre Eden version: XBMCSetup-20111210-f1ae0b6-master.exe
Operating System. Windows 7 32-bit on an Xtreamer Ultra with 1TB Drive

Thanks,
Jeroen
sjikkervisje Wrote:- I cannot delete the media file in library mode, I can only delete the item from the library.
This topic has been discussed a lot of times. It's just too dangerous to have it there (in the context menu or whatever). One or two wrong clicks and one of your movies/episodes or even whole tvshows is gone for good.

sjikkervisje Wrote:- scanning for new media only adds new files, it does not automatically clean up deleted items from the library.
Enable <cleanonupdate> in the advancedsettings under <videolibrary> and you'll be happier (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...library.3E)

sjikkervisje Wrote:- It seems automatic scanning does not seem to run properly, I expect it to run continuously or very often. I would be great to be able to schedule this to check every 30 minutes / hour.
In that case your expectations do not match the functionality.

sjikkervisje Wrote:- I'm using the Aeon MK3 skin wich I love. But when I go to view it takes up to 10 seconds before the view is generated. My Library is not that big. Most skins have this issue, just maybe 1 or 2 simplistic skins do not have this. When its building the view, the HDD led is not active.
There are at least two factors for this: A big one is the skin. If you have fanart, extrafanart and whatever other fancy features your skin of choice offers enabled it will simply take longer to load the views. The other one is your computer. The slower your computer the slower your views/library load.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add settings to support dynamic libraries0