• 79(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
(2012-09-14, 21:24)fritsch Wrote: @thefree:
This should be fixed in later version from xbmc-xvba. So please upgrade.

@fritsch
Upgraded to 2:11.0~git20120918.1450.eden+pvr+xvba1-0precise today, but now it crashes in a diffren way (it was noticed on exit, by ubuntu crash report):
kernel: [ 543.388715] xbmc.bin[5779]: segfault at 1011e148 ip 00007f514e37bc58 sp 00007fffa0ef7e00 error 4 in libX11.so.6.3.0[7f514e348000+12f000]
@thefree:
complete debug.log please.

But - I wanted to say, that this issue is fixed in xbmc-xvba version, which means the frodo version. It was fixed after we closed the eden tree - when i find the commit, i will hand it over to wsnipex.
@tcamargo:
I made some funny things that evening. I connected my TV to a nvidia computer via hdmi. opened nvidia-settings and acquired the edid (bin) and save it. Afterwards I used this file and copied it to /etc/ati/DFPX.edid (X is in my case 1 for the output). Now i can - wether or not the receiver is connect - have a constant well working experience. Whenever I used get-edid on the fglrx computer - i could only dump the 60hz modes ...

I will have to change this though, when fglrx gets support for more than two real speakers, bitstream support and the like.

Good night.

Edit:
And btw: when sound stops working, playback a passthrough codec (DTS, AC3) it will revive the Audio. I am currently running version 9.0.0 Embedded on this machine - perhaps this workaround is not needed anymore, when 9.0.0 stable will be released. The new version, that is expected during this week will have the same internal version but is at least one month newer - the beta testers told me, that i can expect big changes. As hope on AMD already died - we can calmly wait and see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Now that PVR is merged in master, can you please clarify what is happening with the PPAs (which tree/branch you rebase on)?
I am sharing MySQL database with ATV2 so I'd like to know if I should stay on xbmc-xvba-eden or change to xbmc-xvba (and update ATV2) if I want to also connect to a TVHeadEnd server for IPTV (TPG - Australia)
Thanks
@pvautrin:
Nothing changes :-) we were on opdenkamp before and are now on master.So PVR as always. Yeah Database version between Eden and xbmc-xvba (still latest opdenkamp) is not compatible. We will put out new packages to xbmc-xvba after the AudioEngine bugs have settled.

What was the question again?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
So what was the recent update in xbmc-xvba-eden PPA?
2:11.0~git20120918.1450.eden+pvr+xvba1-0precise
Has database version changed?
read the changelog Wink
a bug was fixed, nothing else.
@fritsch
I have sent the crash.log on your PM. I do have a problem with the frodo version (xbmc-xvba). There is no pulseaudo for my EQ. I cant select the ladspa_output.mbeq_1197.mbeq output which is the pulseaudio-equalizer with my SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro and also on playback the video blinks. Eden is working for me just fine.
@thefree:
xbmc-xvba is built without pulseaudio support. Please link the xbmc.log here. I don't read my private messages :-)

Edit:
The crashlog you sent me is with a PRE 11.0 version. So not the frodo version.
(2012-09-19, 17:21)fritsch Wrote: @thefree:
xbmc-xvba is built without pulseaudio support. Please link the xbmc.log here. I don't read my private messages :-)

Edit:
The crashlog you sent me is with a PRE 11.0 version. So not the frodo version.

@fritsch
Yes the log is from 11.0 (2:11.0~git20120918.1450.eden+pvr+xvba1-0precise) the one that crashes on exit. 12 (frodo) does not crash. Where can I upload the crash log?

Edit:
crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8888
@thefree:

Ah now I understood. You can upload the log to xbmclogs.com or paste.ubuntu.com

@Fernetmenta:
Do you recall which commit fixed the crash on exit? I have forgotten it and I think it was squashed afterwards?
(2012-09-19, 17:43)fritsch Wrote: @thefree:

Ah now I understood. You can upload the log to xbmclogs.com or paste.ubuntu.com

Uploaded: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8888
xbmc-xvba is built without pulseaudio support.

@fritsch:
Is there any plan to put the pulseaudio support in Frodo?
(2012-09-19, 19:43)thefree Wrote:
xbmc-xvba is built without pulseaudio support.

@fritsch:
Is there any plan to put the pulseaudio support in Frodo?

There is pulseaudio support in frodo.. But if it is built with pulseaudio support then it wont start without pulseaudio installed.
Hi.
Yesterday after 6 hours of watching of films from XBMC, my TV was going down( as I found later - by special option, of no activity from the user with TV's remote control). After I've switch on TV , current movie from XBMC still displayed, but without sound. Rebooting of XBMC computer I've solve this issue.
Is it normal ? So, I can't leave computer with XBMC switched on and switch off only TV?
@PeterV I have the same problem. It is not normal but seems to be a fglrx bug. Usually I just have to turn my receiver off and then turn it on again.
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23