• 38(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
OK guys, now I got it, sorry than for such question like above.... and now time to follow this thread and go for xvba ;-)
Hi, i have a 5670 using the 11.11 driver release and getting a blocky picture on hd live tv. Is there anything that would break by using an older driver release such as 11.4, this is very reliable on windows.
11.4 is a really crappy version for use in linux. 11.11 was the first good working driver, so we suggested this one. Can you dump a bit of the stream and make it available online?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi .

I am running the XBVA on a foxconn E350 .
Installation is done and system is up and running.

The problem im having is that in most movie/tv shows when there is fast movment on the screen i see vertical lines that like cut the picture .
This is extremly annoying in action movies and etc..

It looks to me like a bad codec or something but i am not sure where to check it or what to do .
I have collected some basic info , if you can assist me i would appriciate it ( if more info needed let me know what to collect )

Version :
XBMC 11.0-PRE Git:Unknwon (compiled : Mar 6 2012)
GPU : AMD Radeon HD 6300
Open GPL vendor : ati tech...
Open GL version : 4.2.11318
cpu speed : 800 Mhz
total ram : 3579 mb

Cpu usage during playback :

top - 22:20:10 up 6:55, 1 user, load average: 0.29, 0.18, 0.18
Tasks: 84 total, 2 running, 82 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie
Cpu(s): 21.6%us, 7.5%sy, 0.0%ni, 70.1%id, 0.8%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st
Mem: 3665656k total, 650924k used, 3014732k free, 25032k buffers
Swap: 3794940k total, 0k used, 3794940k free, 281512k cached

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
1083 xbmc 20 0 1089m 150m 43m S 75 4.2 238:57.92 xbmc.bin
3195 root 20 0 21464 1304 980 R 1 0.0 0:00.05 top
10 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:23.34 kworker/0:1
227 root 20 0 0 0 0 S 0 0.0 0:09.93 kworker/u:7

system info :

$ uname -a
Linux xbmc 3.0.0-16-generic #29-Ubuntu SMP Tue Feb 14 12:48:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

@Tinofet:

There are three things that come to my mind:
1) Did you follow the minimal guide? If not - please disable compiz or gnome-shell if you have this running.
2) Check the vsync settings under: System->Settings->System->Video Settings: Vertical Sync: Always on
3) Check the video Settings itself: System ->Video->Playback: XVBA:check, Adjust Refreshrate to match video: check; Sync Playback to Display: Check; Sync Method: Video Clock (Drop/Dup Audio)

If this problem still persists, please pastebin (paste.ubuntu.com) a xbmc.log with debugging turned on.

First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you guys, for the awesome HOW-TO. I got it going on my Asus E35M1-I deluxe with the latest stable XBMC (11) build and CCC 12.2 on Ubuntu 11.11 64-bit.

Now, I'm about to install boblight to run with my Adalight setup and see if this all runs smoothly combined. That is the whole reason I switched to Linux in the first place. I had tearing on Windows.
(2012-04-07, 09:55)fritsch Wrote: @Tinofet:

There are three things that come to my mind:
1) Did you follow the minimal guide? If not - please disable compiz or gnome-shell if you have this running.
2) Check the vsync settings under: System->Settings->System->Video Settings: Vertical Sync: Always on
3) Check the video Settings itself: System ->Video->Playback: XVBA:check, Adjust Refreshrate to match video: check; Sync Playback to Display: Check; Sync Method: Video Clock (Drop/Dup Audio)

If this problem still persists, please pastebin (paste.ubuntu.com) a xbmc.log with debugging turned on.

Your suggestion worked .
But i had to unchecked the "Adjust refresh to match video" as it caused the image to flicker so bad i was about to get epilepsy
@Tinofet
Can you provide a log file with debugging turned on. I would like to see what caused this epilepsy flicker :-)
Since GCC 4.7 a new Bug may be detected while compiling libavcodec/x86/h264_qpel_mmx.c included in the ffmpeg package.

Running on Arch x64 and gcc 4.7 having this issue with the newest git version.
I have the same Problem as described here.

Cu,
Corpswalker
The Problem is solved when using the Eden branch.
For clarification:

xvba: first xvba implementation (works really good, stable, integrated in openelec 2.0) - development stopped
eden: xvba and vdpau second and improved implementation with various player enhancements (works really good, improved performance, stable) - development stopped, backports can probably happen.
master: bleeding edge (not stable, not tested, you will see bugs)
(2012-04-12, 21:18)fritsch Wrote: For clarification:

xvba: first xvba implementation (works really good, stable, integrated in openelec 2.0) - development stopped
eden: xvba and vdpau second and improved implementation with various player enhancements (works really good, improved performance, stable) - development stopped, backports can probably happen.
master: bleeding edge (not stable, not tested, you will see bugs)

So, if I'm building from the source tree on openSUSE 12.1, I should be checking out the eden branch rather than the xvba branch from https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc.git - is that correct?

I am basically using the same instructions as in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1022413

Thanks in advance.
FernetMenta told me the xvba branch shouldn't be used anymore, instead use the master branch.
In case you are compiling with gcc 4.7 the Eden branch is the correct one.

I don't know why the ffmpeg patches of the (stable) Eden branch is not synchronized with the master branches.
(2012-04-13, 10:30)Corpswalker Wrote: FernetMenta told me the xvba branch shouldn't be used anymore, instead use the master branch.

I don't know why the ffmpeg patches of the (stable) Eden branch is not synchronized with the master branches.

Master is based on pvr master, which is based on mainline master and now uses ffmpeg 0.10.2.
Maybe it does now compile with gcc 4.7, didn't try myself.
(2012-04-13, 10:30)Corpswalker Wrote: FernetMenta told me the xvba branch shouldn't be used anymore, instead use the master branch.

As I said: Great Confusion all over the place. Using master was correct two weeks ago. But this "master" from that time is now the eden branch. And current master is, as wsnipex told, directy based on xbmc-pvr master, which bases on xbmc master and is now in the approx one year for frodo to go phase :-)
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23