• 40(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
@Snippo:
Any chance to upload a short sample, that shows the issue. I looked at the codec info and xvba should get this working. With a sample I could look if stuff in xvba_h264.c gets mapped correctly.

I have the suspicion that the entropy_coding_mode_flag value does not get mapped failsafe enough, but can see this when the sample is loaded.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Here is a small sample. I just remembered that I had the same issue with a TV channel a few days back. Now all TV channels work fine again though. Huh
@Snippo:

Can you join #xbmc-xvba? I tried the sample and do not see a single glitch.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hmm strange. I think it might have to do with the dual-audio patch then. The audio patch also messed up the video playback menu. I'll try to compile a clean xvba build and see if I still have the problem.
This is what the sample looks like here: 1, 2.
(2012-04-21, 14:36)Beninho Wrote: Hi, since a a few weeks I have some issues with my xbmc build --> xvba PVR from this thread.

The issue comes foward when I switch from a video file to another video file or when i switch from a music file to a video file.

After I've played a Video (codec does not matter) and make a quick switch to a new video I get a scrambled image on my screen and the system gets very slow. Everything start running through the screen (Live TV, previous Video en the "just started Video").

When I press STOP the system will go back to normal and I'am able to start the video normal (again). A reboot does not solve the problem (tried that many times)

Can someone help me with this issue?

Here's a crashlog from a fews week ago. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3523108/xbmc_cra...224758.log

*edit*
Made a video of the issue http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3523108/2012-04-....45.40.mov

I see that you have not stopped the playing video when you start a new one, right? Would this problem occur if you stopped the video first. Looks like the system is running out of resources.
(2012-04-22, 21:44)FernetMenta Wrote: I see that you have not stopped the playing video when you start a new one, right? Would this problem occur if you stopped the video first. Looks like the system is running out of resources.

I can reproduce this: not stopping the video and starting another (or two) leads to a freeze/crash.
imho starting a video should auto stop an already playing video in background
I just tried a clean xvba build and I still have the same problem. I also noticed this on GitHub: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/issues/37 .
I download the sample and this one also gives a lot of artifacts. Maybe this is related to the problems with the sample I uploaded?

I'll join #xbmc-xvba later. At the moment I don't have much spare time.

Edit: Just installed xbmc from the xbmc-xvba ppa. This time it works fine for my sample. I'll make a new xbmcbuntu install on a usb stick later to do some more testing. When I compile the latest build from git I get a lot of this kind of output: http://pastebin.com/x4DsurQF . Is that normal?
(2012-04-23, 09:46)wsnipex Wrote: I can reproduce this: not stopping the video and starting another (or two) leads to a freeze/crash.

Starting a new video does stop the playing one but decoder resources are cleared down after the last frame has left the render buffers. Hence you have situations with two decoder instances.
(2012-04-23, 09:46)wsnipex Wrote:
(2012-04-22, 21:44)FernetMenta Wrote: I see that you have not stopped the playing video when you start a new one, right? Would this problem occur if you stopped the video first. Looks like the system is running out of resources.

I can reproduce this: not stopping the video and starting another (or two) leads to a freeze/crash.

It occurs when I stopped the video and when I just paused. Sometimes i'am forced to reboot because I just cannot start a new video.

The htpc also starts hang'in when it's paused for longer then 5 minutes. Very annoying.

Here's a new log from yesterday http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3523108/xbmc_cra...173344.log
Code:
17:10:31 T:140285433517824  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 1424, pheight: 1080, dwidth: 1424, dheight: 1080
17:10:31 T:140285433517824   DEBUG: OutputPicture - change configuration. 1424x1080. framerate: 23.98. format: XVBA
17:10:31 T:140285433517824   DEBUG: Resolution 1360x768 @ 60.02 - Full Screen (12) not a very good match for fps 23.976 (weight: 0.166), trying 2:3 cadence
17:10:31 T:140285433517824  NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1360x768 @ 60.02 - Full Screen (12) (weight: 0.001

Can you try with refresh rates which are closer to video fps?
Ehm,

Will try that.

You mean refreshrate in system settings? Or per video?
Any ideas why the pvr and xvba options are missing from my install?

fresh ubuntu 12.04 with jockey amd drivers and the xbmc-xvba-eden ppa

EDIT: Just noticed theres a more recent version of xbmc in the ubuntu repository.

Fixed it by installing synaptic package manager then forcing the version from this ppa on xbmc and xbmc-bin
Sorry of this is a stupid question or of it's been answered before (been following for a while and can't recall it being asked).

I've read that AE will be merged with master sometime in May. Will this xvba code be following the same suit?
whatever gets into master will get into the xvba branch until xvba gets merged into master too
Good enough for me!

Thanks wsnipex
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23