• 66(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
@guilmxmx:
The asic hang was solved by fernetmenta some days ago - it was a one shot :-). So xbmc-xvba and xbmc-xvba-testing have this fix integrated. This fix was not yet backported to the eden version, but it should be doable easily.

Eden is our "stable version", but we just parked it at some point of development - it is kind of stable, reliable cause it shares a huge codebase with the normal Eden release. But there are some bugs (only fixed partly) as development concentrates on frodo and the "great merge". Many things have changed since the Eden times :-)

I did backport some important fixes, but yeah priority is on development. Will cherry-pick the fix and compile test it on Eden. You should get new Eden packages via wsnipex repository once it is commited to Fernetmenta's tree. I think we will also add the youtube fix (rather a workaround) and then really discontinue the Eden branch :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsh
Thanks for theses informations :-)
Please support my Blog, XBMC and Linux related :-)
http://youresuchageek.blogspot.com
Screen1
Screen2
Screen3

Debug Log: Here

I am using a fresh install from ppa:wsnipex/xbmc-xvba. I followed the instructions to the letter with the exception of installing the 12.6 drivers as detailed in this post. I disabled all of the AE stuff and am using Analog audio out. It runs ok for a while, but then I start to get really jerky video. Does anyone have any ideas?
fritsch:
Has there been any luck with the bug I mentioned?
@freakwenc:
I don't really understand what your usecase is. You are writing about an "old pc". Can you explain it more in detail please? Does tvheadend stop working?
@Balthazar:
As we talked in IRC yesterday. Did the local files, you copied directly on the htpc work? I suspect a samba problem.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Does anyone have an why my precise minimal install is hanging at the language selection screen when using command line install?
dl the iso again, check md5, use a recent ubuntu(or newest unetbootin) to create the install media
how do i check the md5 of the iso I downloaded to the one hosted?

bootable usb stick just gives me unknown file system. I'll just try another cd
fritsch:

The computer is about 10 year old

a 32bit amd sempron processor 1.6GHz
ATI 3650HD AGP x8
1 GB ram
PCI 5.1 sound card

this computer was mid range about 10 years ago and i added the ATI 3650HD AGP x8 in to allow it to then act as a dedicated HTPC which it is what I've been using it as for a long time. I have recently on a different computer installed TVheadend and a DVB-S2 card and have TVheadend running 100% fine it is not crashing at any point. I can view any channel on my laptop no problem including HD channels. I can switch between HD channels on my laptop but on your build of XBMC I keep getting problems when using HD channels.

1. Watching HD channel
2. switch channel to another HD channel
or stop HD channel and watch a HD video file (that uses XVBA).

XBMC will not play the second channel or the Video file as all i get is a loop (less than a second long) of old video or the screen will show a green image.

What else can I explain here?
@freakwenc:
Okay, problem is clear now. We had such problems on old hardware some time ago. Which GPU driver do you have? Can you try the 12.6 legacy driver? I wrote a howto some posts before.

How much memory does your card have? Can you give me a xbmc.log with debugging turned on - while playing such a tvheadend stream?
(2012-08-05, 10:03)wsnipex Wrote: dl the iso again, check md5, use a recent ubuntu(or newest unetbootin) to create the install media

found the md5sums. they match. But I can't seem to do a USB install. I get grub recovery. Is this because I had previously installed an XBMC 11.9 testing iso. The USB that I ran off of has been formatted. I also have an UEFI motherboard. I read there are problems with that. CD installs work best. I dont understand why the minimal wont though.
well, thats hard to diagnose remotely. I've seen unetbootin create those problems in the past, thats why I suggested using linux to create the USB install stick
I have a problem with xvba on a A75M-ITX + A4-3400 setup. It used to work fine but I disabled it at that time because H264 Level 5.1 wasn't working yet.
Now I enabled it again but I keep getting strange flickering. It works fine when xvba is disabled.
I made a video to show the problem (bad quality but you can see the flickering): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53239481/2012-08....45.10.mp4

Here is a debug log.

I tried reinstalling xbmc, fglrx and even a complete reinstall of xbmcbuntu several times. I'm thinkig it's a hardware defect but maybe someone here can identify the problem.
@Snippo:

Check that you have both: Adjust Refreshrate to match video _and_ Sync Playback to Display enabled. Especially Sync Playback to Display without Adjust Refreshrate does not make sense.

Also make sure, that you run the latest Eden version. We made an update some days ago, that allows to playback wrongly coded Level4.1 Files.

While reinstalling did you follow the howto?
Check Vertical Sync Blank to be "always" enabled and the two settings I just mentioned. Your log indicates that you are using "pulseaudio", this howto highly suggest _not_ to use it, because it may introduce stutter. Please follow the howto step by step and do the corresponding xbmc settings.
(2012-08-05, 21:40)wsnipex Wrote: well, thats hard to diagnose remotely. I've seen unetbootin create those problems in the past, thats why I suggested using linux to create the USB install stick

cant i still follow your tutorial if I use a full desktop install? any changes?
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23