• 80(current)
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs
@PeterV. Are you using ATI 12.6 or higher with HDMI audio? That is supposed to fix that. I cut the *hot plug detect* pin 19 in my HDMI cable. That fixed that on ATI catylist 12.4.
@gfisher: lol

Another way to revive audio is: Play a passthrough track, DTS or AC3 - after this normal audio will also start to work again.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
edit: never mind
@fritsch. Thanks for the tip. Try explaining that to my wife. 8). I actually used tape to open the circuit, same as cutting it. Worked like a charm for months. I might try ati 12.9 but Bones just started and I don't want to end up at the Jeffersonian if our xbmc is down. I will report back if 12.9 fixes it.
(2012-09-24, 18:02)gfisher Wrote: I might try ati 12.9 but Bones just started and I don't want to end up at the Jeffersonian if our xbmc is down.

There is always the possibility to do a backup before testing Smile

Or perhaps you follow Linus's policy on backup? "(Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it Wink" Ref
Can you guys take a look at my Xorg.conf please.
I think its wrong, because I have a Sony 46 KDL-EX725 connected directly via HDMI and it's not showing in Xorg.
Nor are there any modlines....
But I don't really know what to change....

I installed everything with the guide on the first page.
I am currently on Catalyst 12.8, Ubuntu 12.04, XVBA Eden

Thx in advance
@cirkator:
All fine. fglrx ignores every single Modeline anyways. If all is working, you don't have to care :-)

To check, that you really have everything running issue:

Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr

and pastebin the result here.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you, thats a relieve Smile and thanks for the command, love to learn new stuff!!

Here is the output log. (I checked while I was on the desktop, so 60hz is ok)

I'm asking, because when I'm watching movies or tv shows which have 23.976 fps, and the camera moves slow from side to side, there is a little bit of "stuttering" visible. Other people don't really see it, but since I am looking more closely then them, I see it Huh
OK I updated to 12.9 from 12.4 and now I get some slight tearing in the upper 1/4 of screen. I saved the 12.4 so I can back date it. If need be. My system is an A4 3400 xubuntu 12.4 32. Eden sept 18 2012. I will try 12.8. Next. Playback is jerky now on h.264 24fps. On 12.9 and was fine on 12.4. The install was not hard. Bummer ati script does not find new APUs. Is 12.9 OK for the xvba branch?

Update installed 12.8. No more tearing and smooth playback. 12.9 was a no go for a4 3400 apu.
@cirkator:

Make sure you have:
System -> Settings -> Video -> Playback: Adjust Refresh Rate to match Video either on Yes or On Start / On Stop
System -> Settings -> Video -> Playback: Sync Playback to Display Enabled with Method Video Clock (Drop / Dup)

System -> Settings -> System -> Video Hardware: Vertical Blank Sync: Always Enabled
Make sure you are running fullscreen, you can look this up at this very same settings menu.

@gfisher:
Wait some days - "this 12.9" won't be the 12.9 they will release as beta.
My settings are like this, except if I enable sync playback to display, I hear a clicking sound (I guess that's when it drops) every few seconds. That's really annoying...
Any idea?
@cirkator:
The clicking will be fixed with the next testing packages. That was something wrong in AudioEngine and searched for some weeks now. Fernetmenta and DDDamian have found the root cause and a patch is pending.

You can passively follow discussion here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1422#i...nt-8882314
Using the instructions on this thread and the guide by guilmxm I have managed to install the xbmc-xvba-eden build and ATI Catalysts v12.9 on my Acer Revo RL70 with Xubuntu as the operating system - but I have a problem with video playback.

When I installed Catalyst 12.9 it seemed to default to a scaling value of something like -8% so that Xubuntu or xbmc didn't make use of the entire tv screen. I changed scaling to zero via the slider within catalyst and both xubuntu and xbmc are now full screen - except when I play a movie. video playback appears to jump back to use the scaled display. When I exit movie playback xbmc reverts to full screen.

Any suggestions on how I can make xbmc remain full screen during video playback ?
@AJB999:
via ssh:
Code:
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0
sudo reboot
thanks for the quick reply - looks like what I need. I'm a complete beginner with Linux so could you possibly explain what via ssh: means. I tried entering the commands via a terminal but stopping lightdm seems to throw me right out
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to Install XBMC PVR Xvba for AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPUs23