XBMC Player reads raw video?
Hi

Is there any chance for XBMC Player to read raw video?

Thanks
I think you may need to be a bit more specific as to what type of file you are wanting to play.

If my understanding of digital camcorders is correct, nearly every manufacturer has it's own proprietary format for unprocessed video(aka raw video). It would be hard for the XBMC developers to track down and cover all of these.

I would start by looking here to see if perhaps the container or codec you require is already supported(though this may be a slim chance).
Well, basically I want to play a raw video stream that comes from gstreamer. With VLC, you can set some command-line parameters in order to inform the format of the video. I was wondering if that could be done also in XBMC player...

Thanks
So basically you want to use XBMC as a frontend to gstreamer? I'd imagine it's possible, but you might have to do some digging. That kind of thing is above my head, but if someone doesn't answer you here you might find something in our development manual pages at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cat...evelopment
Hi Ned,

Yes, basically what I want is to have XBMC acting like a sink element for gstreamer. I have a gstreamer pipeline that at the end outputs a raw video stream and currently I just send it to 'ximagesink' element, which opens a new fullscreen window and renders the video. Everything in a XBMC python addon. However, I would like to have that video stream displayed in an XBMC video control, that's why I was wondering if XBMC player could play raw video.
I'm not that much into XBMC's development tree, so I ask here if someone could give me some more help...

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Player reads raw video?0