XBMC won't start
I was running XBMC on latest nightly December 10th, went to System settings to install an add-on. The screen went black, and looked as though it was going to crash. It didn't and when the screen came back the add-on settings page looked messed up. I then shut down XBMC and restarted only to find that now XBMC would not start at all.

Just wondering if anyone can give an explanation. I would give a log, but I can't boot XBMC.
Dieselboy27, this happened to me recently. I am no expert, it may have been a fluke but what i done was ssh into atv2. i then went to
/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database

i then deleted any files with name addon.db or similar (eg addon14.db).
this also worked if any addons fail to appear.
it may work or not, just my 2 cents
Good luck!!!
I've found XBMC also spits out logs automatically in this scenario, I've had similar things happen

Take a peak and see if it created an xmbc.log, will likely say something about a DB being corrupted and the fix is what mfreverton posted above

Would like to know how this happens, got a couple doing this every so often! Sad
Yeah, I have seen this twice at least. This time I did have quite a few repo's installed, which I usually don't do, as I prefer to keep it lean. But after installing a bunch of plugin's it seems that it didn't like it.

Thanks for the suggestion mferverton. What I actually did was delete the entire XBMC folder and ssh'd in a backup I had created a couple of days ago. Then fixed permissions and seems to be working again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't start0