• 17(current)
[RELEASE] MMA Browser
Movies view for MMA events actually works pretty well, just not quite as well as this would have.
(2012-09-14, 05:32)Cath Barkley Wrote: Movies view for MMA events actually works pretty well, just not quite as well as this would have.

How do you set that up though? Have to make your own nfo files and gather images and stuff?
Scraping through XBMC did a good job for me i just put them in there own folder and scraped

You might have to go though some changing and finding covers and fanarts but that's a lot easier than creating your own nfo's and stuff.

After you can create a playlist for UFC, Strikeforce ect and make a MMA tab on your main menu with each coming off it. If you don't want all the events showing in the Movies section make a set for each and then they'll be in there own folder

This add-on sounded amazing btw, hopefully it gets up and running again
Just saw this on paddys site

http://mmaartwork.wackwack.co.uk/blog/sh...-json-api/

I'm new to all this so have no idea what to do with it Smile
Yeah what does that mean and how do we use it
Press THANK USER if I Help
(2012-09-14, 17:29)adam_purkis Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 05:32)Cath Barkley Wrote: Movies view for MMA events actually works pretty well, just not quite as well as this would have.

How do you set that up though? Have to make your own nfo files and gather images and stuff?

No you don't, you just have to scrape from themoviedb.
e.g.:
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/133826-u...vs-belfort

If you set your library up to group movies in sets it will put it all into a "UFC Collection" folder. See here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets

Make sure you have this option turned on BEFORE you scrape, otherwise you will have to remove it from the library and scrape again to get it to be recognised as a collection.

You can then right click on the "UFC Collection" folder in the movies library, add it to your favourites and then if your skin permits (as Aeon Nox does) you can add the "favourite" to the home screen.

And I use this tutorial to group all the parts of a single event into one "movie", so when I open UFC 152, for example, it will play the Facebook prelims first, then the prelims and then the main event all in one "movie". You can also set up "bookmarks" in the movie so you can jump to the beginning of each fight. I haven't bothered yet, but it is possible.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1182434
I'm running XBMC 11.0 Eden and I've followed the instructions but for some reason when I run the MMA Browser it crashes,

I've setup the UFC folder and within each event folder I have the prefix sherdog id number for the description, fanart & poster images,

Would anybody be able to help me out, really wish to use this add on.
Unfortunately the add-on doesn't work any more

I jumped on the boat late as well and would love to see this up and running again
(2012-10-12, 13:49)boppyman Wrote: Unfortunately the add-on doesn't work any more

I jumped on the boat late as well and would love to see this up and running again

Such a shame.... Would really like to see paddycarey bringing it back...
Any news on this
Press THANK USER if I Help
Hi,
Not really the same thing as the MMA Browser, but I decided to have a crack at an MMA metadata agent.
metadata.mma.sherdog "MMA Sherdog Metadata"

Scraper Thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162704

It searches/scrapes sherdog based on the file name and populates the event title, year, and cast (fighters). Also sets the plot to include the promotion, date, and list of fights (so slight spoiler for tournament events). Sets the Genre to "MMA Event"

This is very primitive but is my first crack at metadata agent. There is no artwork support (sherdog doesn't seem to have the posters) but I found sherdog's search much more accurate than themoviedb (which has artwork).

Basic testing gave correct matches with these filenames (you can use - or space, all -s are converted to spaces, I just dont like spaces in my filenames).
Code:
Bellator-90.mp4
Bellator-95.mp4
Invicta-5.avi
Pride-1.avi
Strikeforce Marquardt vs Saffiedine.mp4
Strikeforce Rousey vs Kaufman.mp4
UFC-138.avi
UFC-FOX-1.avi
UFC-FOX-4.avi
UFC-FUEL-3.mp4
UFC-FUEL-6.mp4
UFC-FX-4.mp4
UFC-FX-5.mp4

This one was incorrectly matched. 1st in the sherdog list was "Pride Bushido 7". But using the usual refresh option you can select "Pride 7" which was 2nd on the list.
Code:
Pride-7.avi

This one was also incorrectly matched. Guess I need better filenaming for my UFC on Versus events.
Code:
UFC-VS-6.avi
Seems to work if I change the naming to UFC-LIVE-6

The scraper could easily be modified to also extract the sherdog event ID which could be useful in the original MMA browser and the JSON stuff mentioned above.

What I might do next (once again, just to suit my naming scheme)
- If I find "prelims" or "facebook" in the filenames I will not include those words in the search, but with then append to the title of the match. I like them as seperate files, not sure how to auto combine them, or how ot put options in a scraper.
- The Genre appears to be a list, so I'll also add the promotion as a genre so it can be searched for. Or maybe I should put the promotion in the directors or studios field

Other stuff:
- Artwork? themoviedb.org has it, but there search is very hit and miss for MMA events based on file name. But using the title + year may have more success.
- I don't actually like my MMA mixed in with movies. I have read there are smart playlists etc, but I's like a solution with no manual messing about. (I do like the "sections" in Plex). So I am toying with the idea of making all MMA events TV shows. TV seems more appropriate for sport in general. Guess I'd have the promotion as the show, and then just do seasons by calendar year. Getting the banners may suck...

This was as much for my own interest as anything. I might tinker with it over the next couple of weeks.

Edit: I have added the artwork. Created its own thread for it now:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162704
I really need help on this so bad. I am asking someone for a big favor to make a youtube video showing how to do this from the start to end. Please help me and others that needs help. Thank you
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MMA Browser2