best way to load straight into a plugin?
I use the WMC media browser plugin which has a plugin of its own called gametime to play roms on my htpc. I thought it would be neat to make a button on my harmony that loaded straight into media browser.

I have a shortcut for media browser that was made upon install but when I try to open that via eventghost it just loads WMC.

My solution: I created a batch file with this code:
cd "C:\Users\k0t3x\Documents"
mediabrowser.lnk

Then I mapped a button like f11 (don't remember exactly) on my harmony, then mapped f11 in eventghost to open the batch file which in turn opens media browser and it actually works BUT its pretty slow AND when it opens up I can't exit out of it for some reason with my remote. I can navigate the menu and everything. I end up having to keep pressing back and navigate down to shutdown wmc instead of it actually closing with my mapped exit button.

To exit I mapped the "exit" button on my harmoney to the "end" button on my keyboard and then mapped "end" in eventghost as {alt+f4} and it works fine except when I load up media browser with the above method.

If I use my "wmc" button on my remote to open WMC and manually navigate to media browser it works just fine.

Any ideas?
so u want to launch that plugin using a button on your remote?
and that plugin is a self-executable that u can launch by itself?

and just to know, why dont u just use XBMC to browse your game collection?
eskro Wrote:so u want to launch that plugin using a button on your remote?
and that plugin is a self-executable that u can launch by itself?

and just to know, why dont u just use XBMC to browse your game collection?

When you install the plugin it creates a desktop shortcut but if you try to create an event to launch that shortcut in eventghost it only loads WMC.

Here is what the shortcut properties say for target: "C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe /nostartupanimation /entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}"

So I guess if its opened using eventghost the rest of the target starting with the / isn't recognized so it only loads ehshell.exe (wmc) and then spits out some error messages in the log.

So creating a batch file that will load the shortcut works as if you are actually opening the shortcut manually and it loads straight into the plugin but like I said before it doesn't work that great seeing as it causes some problems

As far as xbmc for games, I have used it for games in the past but kept running into issues with it not working properly. Gametime is pretty easy to setup, it automatically loads thumbs and descriptions of each game. I might give the rom collection browser, or launcher plugin for xbmc another chance.

I would love to have everything on xbmc and get rid of WMC all together but I can't because it has a hulu and netflix. I realize xbmc does as well but the plugins for hulu and netflix on xbmc in my opinion are garbage.
ok, question, that created shorcut, if you double-click on it,
the correct stuff shows up like u want?
eskro Wrote:ok, question, that created shorcut, if you double-click on it,
the correct stuff shows up like u want?

Yes, If I manually double-click the shortcut it loads straight into the media browser plugin in WMC.
well, why dont u just assign a shortcut key combo to your shortcut?
then map that key combo on your remote!
http://digital-quest.blogspot.com/2007/0...am_28.html
eskro Wrote:well, why dont u just assign a shortcut key combo to your shortcut?
then map that key combo on your remote!
http://digital-quest.blogspot.com/2007/0...am_28.html

I have tried that before and nothing happened with the assigned combos that I used. BUT I just tried it again on my regular pc for testing purposes and it worked. Maybe the combos I used before weren't complex enough or something but this time I used "ctrl+alt+m" and it worked, so I will try that out on my htpc. Thanks
actually, i've looked at your problem here more closely yesterday,
i now understand what the HARMONY remote even when using the
MCE KEYBOARD emulation cant allow you to place that ctrl+alt+m command to a button....

and its actually something that a FLIRC.TV dongle allows you to do very well!
but anyways...

i know u tried eventghost and said u encountered issues but,
what i would like u to try is this, since it worked for me...
shutdown eventghost, dont use it for now....

download KeyEXTENDER http://www.remapkey.com/down/KeyExtender.zip
install, run it
and use it to to map ctrl+alt+m to lets say --> F2
then hit 'activate' button so that F2 will start to emulate like if u would actually press ctrl+alt+m
and thats it!

now if all goes well, and it did for me,
when i pressed F2 on my keyboard, or the F2 button on my HARMONY,
it actually launched XBMC since i set XBMC to be launched using the key --> ctrl+alt+m

Smile
also note, its Important,
if you want to move your plugin shortcut elsewhere, do it before mapping lets say CTRL+ALT+M to it...
becuz if u mapp it first, and then move it to another location on your htpc,
it'll stop to work,, dunno why but, it'll stop to work,,,

so, again, Important, if you want to move your shortcut elsewhere, do it now!
after that, your fine, map CTRL+ALT+M to it or whatever u want,,,
Example:
and in the settings tab,
u can have keyExtender start at windows startup if u want so,
no need to always launch it yourself and click activate...
it'll do it all by itself if set to start with windows...
oh yeah and, another way is, always using KeyEXTENDER,
u can assign any keyboard key to launch a desired application!
so exmaple, u can set F2 to launch your plugin's executable straight up!!

KeyEXTENDER is a pretty nice/powerful little application Smile

tell me how it goes for ya!
alright thanks eskro. I will try that method out because when I tried "ctrl+alt+m" on my htpc it didn't work. So when I get some time off work (I work 40 hours in 3 days) I will give it a shot.
if anything just ask!
it really works as i tried again Tongue

XBMC rocks!!

k0t3x Wrote:alright thanks eskro. I will try that method out because when I tried "ctrl+alt+m" on my htpc it didn't work. So when I get some time off work (I work 40 hours in 3 days) I will give it a shot.

any updates?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best way to load straight into a plugin?0