• 11(current)
Transparency! v4.0.5 for XBMC Eden 11.0
(2012-03-12, 13:43)wilson.joe Wrote: when going into the tv shows the fanart for the genres appear to
be the same as those I set for the movie genres, is there a way
of setting separate fanart for the movie genres?

nope, there no option for it.

there's only a separate setting for music and videos genre backgrounds.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi Ronie,

First of all thanks alot for your amazing skin for XBMC. It makes having a nice collection so much nicer when fanart is used properly! :-)) It greatly stimulated me in getting into XBMC.

I've got two questions regarding customizing it to my personal needs.

You have stated before that it is possible to, for example, edit the favourites.xml file to add special commands. I'm having trouble finding commands, I'd like to add the 'Clean Library' command to my favourites. But I am having trouble finding the correct string to add to the xml file (how would we go about finding the command strings for the different menu options within XBMC?)

-EDIT- I have tried adding the following to favourites.xml after finding http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions
<favourite name="CleanLibrary">CleanLibrary("video")</favourite>
<favourite name="UpdateLibrary">UpdateLibrary("video")</favourite>
and also (because I saw the other favourites used &quot; instead of actual quotes?)
<favourite name="CleanLibrary">CleanLibrary(&quot;video&quotWink</favourite>
<favourite name="UpdateLibrary">UpdateLibrary(&quot;video&quotWink</favourite>
This, however, has not succeeded yet.

Secondly, I would like to know how difficult it would be to reorder the buttons in the vertical menu. I have tried editing the includes_home.xml, by swapping the codes of the Custom1 button and (for example) the music videos button in the hope that it would simply swap these. (I would like my custom button 'Concerts' to appear below TV Shows instead of all the way down). It, however, causes the entire XBMC skin to not load properly somehow. I copied the code (excluding the <id="4"> etc. part) from the custom1 into the Music Videos part and vice versa. Is there another easy way of achieving this or what am I doing wrong?

And again, thanks for any help.

greets
(2012-03-14, 23:07)MV1990 Wrote: -EDIT- I have tried adding the following to favourites.xml after finding http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis..._functions
<favourite name="CleanLibrary">CleanLibrary("video")</favourite>
<favourite name="UpdateLibrary">UpdateLibrary("video")</favourite>

remove the quotes:
CleanLibrary(video)
UpdateLibrary(video)

(2012-03-14, 23:07)MV1990 Wrote: Secondly, I would like to know how difficult it would be to reorder the buttons in the vertical menu. I have tried editing the includes_home.xml, by swapping the codes of the Custom1 button and (for example) the music videos button in the hope that it would simply swap these. (I would like my custom button 'Concerts' to appear below TV Shows instead of all the way down). It, however, causes the entire XBMC skin to not load properly somehow. I copied the code (excluding the <id="4"> etc. part) from the custom1 into the Music Videos part and vice versa. Is there another easy way of achieving this or what am I doing wrong?
that's the way to do it.
if it messes things up, you most likely made a c&p error.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi,

Thanks alot, after a second try I successfully reordered Music Videos with Concerts & Music (as I don't really use it within XBMC) with "Internet Videos". After disabling the recently added for both it now works perfectly :-))

The update library works as it should as well, I do not see the clean library command happening however after changing it to your suggestion?

greetings and thanks again!
(2012-03-15, 15:50)MV1990 Wrote: The update library works as it should as well, I do not see the clean library command happening however after changing it to your suggestion?

it should work just fine, i've tested it again and no problems on my end.

to troubleshoot the issue, you should enable debuglogging and check your logfile.

you should see something like this:
Quote:18:19:44 T:3017210528 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating CleanLibrary(video)
18:19:44 T:3017210528 DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To CleanLibrary(video)
18:19:44 T:3017210528 NOTICE: CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup ..
Hmm somehow it works after reassigning the button to the favourite (after I edited the quotes away), thanks alot for all your help. Enjoying your skin insanely :-))

greets
Amazing Skin! Keep up the good work!!! :-)
Hello Ron,

one feature request:

I am using a harmony remote to control XBMC, by default using the backspace/arrow (cursor)/enter keys navigate. This works well with one exception: The search dialog.
There is no way to move to the "keys" section with the arrow (cursor) keys (down for example), when you into the input field where to enter the search term.
Backspace does not end the dialog, even when you are into the input field where to enter the search term and this field is empty.

I would be great, if we / I could have small optimisation for the search dialog (if possible)

btw: Thanks for your great work!
(2012-03-22, 15:26)thica Wrote: I am using a harmony remote to control XBMC, by default using the backspace/arrow (cursor)/enter keys navigate. This works well with one exception: The search dialog.
There is no way to move to the "keys" section with the arrow (cursor) keys (down for example), when you into the input field where to enter the search term.
Backspace does not end the dialog, even when you are into the input field where to enter the search term and this field is empty.
ah, that's a xbmc settings:
Settings > System > Input devices > Remote control sends keyboard presses
Updated to Eden this morning and updated Transparency along with it. All went smooth except now everything is in library mode.

I usually just skipped the movies/TV menus and went straight to videos to get the file listings. Is there any way to get that back? Going to Videos>Files just shows them all in library mode.
(2012-03-25, 08:30)gen Wrote: Updated to Eden this morning and updated Transparency along with it. All went smooth except now everything is in library mode.

I usually just skipped the movies/TV menus and went straight to videos to get the file listings. Is there any way to get that back? Going to Videos>Files just shows them all in library mode.

yup, that's one of the major changes in xbmc (not Transparency!).
the file listings have been moved to the library and as you've already found out can be accessed by going to Videos>Files.
(2012-03-09, 22:56)jpf55 Wrote: Hi Ronie,

I noticed in Fanart view 4.0.4, and now in 4.0.5 and SVN that when the Movie Plot is enabled, the plot it does not occupy the entire width of its section, so I changed the width to 600 instead of 490 and all is well.

I was wondering if maybe you were reserving that space for something but so far, I haven't come across any overlapping.

You'll find it on line 422 of View-Fanart.xml in SVN

Thanks

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
(2012-03-25, 14:51)ronie Wrote: yup, that's one of the major changes in xbmc (not Transparency!).
the file listings have been moved to the library and as you've already found out can be accessed by going to Videos>Files.

Yeah I tried a couple of other skins yesterday and figured it was a core change. Would really like to get it to switch to the old behaviour but if that can't be done I guess it's back to Dharma!
(2012-03-25, 16:48)jpf55 Wrote: Hi Ronie,

I noticed in Fanart view 4.0.4, and now in 4.0.5 and SVN that when the Movie Plot is enabled, the plot it does not occupy the entire width of its section, so I changed the width to 600 instead of 490 and all is well.

I was wondering if maybe you were reserving that space for something but so far, I haven't come across any overlapping.

You'll find it on line 422 of View-Fanart.xml in SVN

Thanks
it will overlap with the studio logo.

edit:
i guess you have disabled the mediaflags, right?
(2012-03-12, 19:15)ronie Wrote:
(2012-03-12, 13:43)wilson.joe Wrote: when going into the tv shows the fanart for the genres appear to
be the same as those I set for the movie genres, is there a way
of setting separate fanart for the movie genres?

nope, there no option for it.

there's only a separate setting for music and videos genre backgrounds.
Well, concerning the original question, you can set up two different folders with duplicated fanart for Movies and TV Shows if disk space is not a problem.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v4.0.5 for XBMC Eden 11.06