Home Window:

Fanart View:

Slide View with trailer preview:

Wall View:

Music Fullscreen:

Weather Screen:

Download:
Transparency! v4.0.4 is now available through the xbmc addon system:
Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Skin > Transparency!

additionally you can download the weather fanart pack: Weather-Fanart.rar
and select it in Skin Settings > Backgrounds > Weather > Conditional > Options > Path
also available are the Video Genre Fanart & Music Genre Fanart packs.
Skin Settings > General > Videos/Music - Use genre backgrounds, and select the path where you have stored these fanart packs.

New users, old info:
What is Transparency!? Short answer: a fanart skin. The main goal of Transparency! is showing your fanart, fullscreen, in all of the views, all of the time.
Besides this, it also tries to support every neat new feature xbmc has to offer. To save everyone a lot of time and trouble hacking the xml code themselves,
all of these new features are already included in the skin, pre-configured and enabled by default (wherever possible).

Questions / Problems:
- First thing to do is read the FAQ
- If that leaves your question unanswered, please post it in a new thread.
(please include xbmc version and the plaform you're using. a screenshot and a Debug Log can be very helpful too!)

Credits:
Thanx to all the translators and bug testers!
Special thanx to everyone submitting feature suggestions!
And last but not least, a big thanx to Jezz_X for the great PM3.HD skin and to everyone who's contributing to XBMC by coding, scripting, designing or just by posting new ideas.

disclaimer:
  • third-party builds of Transparency! are not supported by me!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I love Transparency! Please keep developing it -- it is a superb skin!
vogelap Wrote:I love Transparancy! Please keep developing it -- it is a superb skin!

heh, alright, ok...i will then :-)

since i got 0 responses on the new release so far,
i kinda thought everybody lost interest in T! ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:heh, alright, ok...i will then :-)

I think most of the folkls are kind pre-occupied with the Eden features and not to mention family time during christmas might have taken precedence.

But I do love the transparency skin and thanks for all your hard work. The kind of support that we get from you is the best I have seen.
I've just updated to the Eden beta (I had to make sure T! was available for Eden before I updated). I'm trying to update T! to 4.0.4 through the xbmc addon system (
Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Skin > Transparency!), but I keep getting 3.11.7 instead...
vogelap Wrote:I've just updated to the Eden beta (I had to make sure T! was available for Eden before I updated). I'm trying to update T! to 4.0.4 through the xbmc addon system (
Settings > Add-ons > Get Add-ons > XBMC.org Add-ons > Skin > Transparency!), but I keep getting 3.11.7 instead...

Try removing the addon.db in your xbmc userfolder.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks. It's downloading now that I deleted addon.db.
ronie Wrote:heh, alright, ok...i will then :-)

I've been using xbmc for the better part of 6-7 years, so I've had a lot of exposure to it. T! in the past couple years has become how I feel at home using xbmc. There are quite a few amazing skins out there nowadays and they look great, but I can only try them out temporarily as I have to go right back to T!. It's a fantastic skin that accomplishes being minimal yet having all the bells and whistles.
gabbott Wrote:I've been using xbmc for the better part of 6-7 years, so I've had a lot of exposure to it. T! in the past couple years has become how I feel at home using xbmc. There are quite a few amazing skins out there nowadays and they look great, but I can only try them out temporarily as I have to go right back to T!. It's a fantastic skin that accomplishes being minimal yet having all the bells and whistles.

EXACTLY what he said!!!!! Me love you long time! Laugh
Since upgrading to T! to 4.04 under Eden beta, I'm getting a script error when launching XBMC... Script Failed: RandomItems.py. Any ideas?
vogelap Wrote:Since upgrading to T! to 4.04 under Eden beta, I'm getting a script error when launching XBMC... Script Failed: RandomItems.py. Any ideas?

it's most likely caused by this bug in xbmc: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12279

but without a Debug Log i can't tell for sure.
Hi Ronie -

Just updated my AppleTV2 to Eden Beta-1, and was pleased to see T! as an available Addon.

I installed it immediately (of course), but now after switching to T!, I've found that that when the Shutdown Menu is invoked, XBMC hangs/freezes, and ultimately crashes (you end up in the ATV2 interface). This happens immediately after pressing 'Select' after the shutdown icon has done it's nice little animation. You don't even begin to see the Shutdown Menu bar of icons appear ...

I'd be happy to provide you with a crash log, except I did not have the log running at a 'debug' level, and in my infinite wisdom I had removed the 'Settings' option from the Main Menu (thinking I could always access Settings from the Shutdown Menu).

Now I'm wondering how I can (hopefully) manually edit an .XML file somewhere to restore the Settings option to the Main Menu. Where are T!'s Skin Settings stored (what directory/filename)?

If I can restore the Settings option, I will be able to set the debug-level log option (and also be able to switch back to Confluence, temporarily, at least).

Thanks!
mst3kroqs Wrote:Now I'm wondering how I can (hopefully) manually edit an .XML file somewhere to restore the Settings option to the Main Menu. Where are T!'s Skin Settings stored (what directory/filename)?

no need to edit the skin, you can instead edit guisettings.xml in your userdata directory.

make sure you change this setting to 'false'.
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.transparency.Hide_Shutdown_Settings">false</setting>
ronie Wrote:no need to edit the skin, you can instead edit guisettings.xml in your userdata directory.

make sure you change this setting to 'false'.
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.transparency.Hide_Shutdown_Settings">false</setting>

FYI, this was the setting which restored the Settings option to the Main Menu:

Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.transparency.Menu_Settings">false</setting>

I think the setting you specified above was related to whether the Settings option showed up on the Shutdown Menu.

I'll see what I can do about getting you a crashlog now ...
mst3kroqs Wrote:FYI, this was the setting which restored the Settings option to the Main Menu:

Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.transparency.Menu_Settings">false</setting>

I think the setting you specified above was related to whether the Settings option showed up on the Shutdown Menu.

ah, you're right.
glad you've figured it out though.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! v4.0.5 for XBMC Eden 11.06