[SUGGESTION] Set Folder Content to have "Specs Scan" option?
Hi there.

I have DVD movies and FullHD movies separated in different physical folders in my NAS. SmartPlayList can't find any FullHD (criteria = resolution is 1080) movies unless all the movies are played once in order to exctract the specs from them (codec, video, audio, aratio). DVD Movies does matter.

Can there be a option Box when setting a folder's content to do item's specs-check while scraping it? This would solve the problem to have both FullHD & SD content added into the libary. Also ViewMode could have "Show only FullHD (video = 1080) movies"

Smile
Realjobe,

Because you've separate your files in two distinct folders, it is definitely possible to do it with smart playlists. Just use the "path contains" and "path doesn't contain" conditions.

I've done something similar but to separate my TV Shows from my Anime Shows.
Folders are physically different and both of them are part of a source scraped as TV Shows.
Then, I've created two different smart playlists, one with a rule "path contains Anime" that will populate all my anime shows this my folder is labeled that way, and the second "path doesn't contain anime" that will populate all my other shows.

Do that for your DVD and FullHD and use a skin that allows you to go directly to smart playlists (I personally use Aeon Nox), and you'll have exactly what you want.
well. the problem is that Xbmc does not know the HD-movies's technical specs, hence smartList can't find any "resolution=1080" items after adding them into libary.

I have to open each HD movie for a awhile for the Xbmc to inspect and write selecteds movie's specs into db, like resolution.. This "specs extraction" could be one of the scraping options..

All already opened HD-movies are to be found with SmartPlaylist with resolution=1080 criteria..
Smile
realjobe Wrote:well. the problem is that Xbmc does not know the HD-movies's technical specs, hence smartList can't find any "resolution=1080" items after adding them into libary.

I have to open each HD movie for a awhile for the Xbmc to inspect and write selecteds movie's specs into db, like resolution.. This "specs extraction" could be one of the scraping options..

All already opened HD-movies are to be found with SmartPlaylist with resolution=1080 criteria..
Smile

If one folder only contain 1080p movie then just use 'path starts' or 'path contains' smartplaylist rules. There is no need for playing the files first then.

Just like oFredo explained

And my movie are tagged HD properly (maybe because i'm running Eden)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
ok..I'll try.

But still.. It'll be cool if Xbmc could also extract real tech specs of the scraped item as well, automatic. These specs are shown in at least libarymode..Big Grin
realjobe Wrote:ok..I'll try.

But still.. It'll be cool if Xbmc could also extract real tech specs of the scraped item as well, automatic. These specs are shown in at least libarymode..Big Grin

The real specs like videocodec/audiochannels&codec/resolution/aspectratio are scrapped automatic and show in the library (in the Eden version if the skin supports them that is).

EDIT:
Not sure if XBMC already can when they are .iso files
Like MKV and AVI it sould be able to
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Not sure if XBMC already can when they are .iso files
Like MKV and AVI it sould be able to

ok. The problem with the .iso files is that the Mainmovie part might not be always be the only thing there is inside.. There might also be menu selection,extras as well. Xbmc could check 1st when opening the .iso if there is only one title (mainMovie rip). If so, the specs can be used.
My HD-movies are only MainMovie rips, there are nothing else. DVD on the other hand has everything (full dump). Smile
Along with this issue a new Case rises..

I have same movie both in DVD and in HD. They show duplicate in libarymode.

? Can there be "Stack" option just like in multiple fileparts. like "movie CD1.avi and movie CD2.avi", but with HD / DVD?

This does not increase the movieCounter like it shouldn't.
stay out of the dev forums ffs.
spiff Wrote:stay out of the dev forums ffs.
... nice. sure.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUGGESTION] Set Folder Content to have "Specs Scan" option?0