this still hasnt been fixed?, seriously?.. its about files mode -.-'
hentai23 Wrote:no its NOT have you actually watched the youtube clip i put up did you actually even read what ive wrote , have you even tried files mode before making such a statement >>x<<? -.-'

update :here this is another clip for nonbelievers like >>x<< etc -.-'...

http://youtu.be/ZI_5UEMwIYA

Yes I watched your video a number of times because its not exactly clear

Did you actually read my post I said that build is working for me exactly the way you want, that means I'm using the nightly from the 10th and have scraped with IMDb scraper and have artwork in file mode as long as its scraped correctly and I have artwork in library mode

This just means its working fine for me it doesn't mean I'm calling you a liar, if lots of people say its working for them then your going to have to except the reason for the problem might be your end

Hitcher Wrote:I just tested this for a movie that hadn't been scraped by XBMC yet and thus was not in the library.

I saved two images in the folder (folder.jpg and fanart.jpg), browsed to my Movie folder in File mode and XBMC displayed both the poster and fanart.

So what's the problem?

I think he wants artwork in file mode without having any local artwork this is only possible if movies are scraped to library first as I said it works fine for me
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
vinistois Wrote:wow man. You do realize, that of the hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions) of people using XBMC, you are the only one with this issue? Does that not signal to you that maybe the problem is with you and not with the software?

There are 2 modes. One for library, one for files. You are asking for library features in the mode that is for files.

You're right, that your grammar will not make a difference here, because your request is simply rubbish. That being said, even if your request was reasonable, nobody would give it a second thought due to your blatant inability to effectively communicate.

what does this even mean? -.-' Looks like a one-eared asian dog. I tried googling, but got zero results. I can't remember the last time I googled anything and got zero results. You must have invented your own emotion... which might explain your irrational behavior.

I think your solution is very easy, Just use different software. Since XBMC is 'not worth a penny' to you, then I'd say you got a good deal, since you didn't pay a penny for it!

i said library mode wasnt worth a penny to me to xbmc before you go on talking garbage like that you better read what people write before you make such a statement my friend Wink

btw that emoticon exists but im not gona give you a link to explain it to you if you cant even google it yourself -.-', protip you wont find it if you type in the emote itself lolz xD

isamu.dragon Wrote:Curious, why do you keep samplesHuh??

Those are only ever included to show the person who downloaded it the quality. Just delete those after you have checked the quality.

For 2 (or more) part movies, just add "Part <#>" or "CD <#>" to the end. for example:

or

and they will be read a 1 file for library mode.

For Anime (which I have an extensive collection) and TV Shows, go to theTVDB.org and look up the series and name accordingly.

Hell an easy way to organize quickly is Sickbeard. You can use Rename Master to prep for sickbeard (or any media manager).

Example:

These will be picked up by XBMC and scraped properly.

I've seen you post in the Ember forums. So for your issue of unknown movies, create the information within Ember and it will scrape that in XBMC. Also for rare movies, IMDB is very reliable. For non-existent artwork, google search for Posters (1000x1500) and Fanart (1920x1080, 1280x720, 720x480).

Also best if you look on IMDB or TheMovieDB for your movie manually to confirm the right name.

let me give you a protip myself bout the anime suggestion ....TRASH THETVDB alltogether bro!! no offense but youre doing it wrong

use anidb scraper and you wont have to do all that ep blah blah renaming just have to simply rename the folder to the correct anime ...wich is hassle free no need to rename the files emselfes btw thetvdb database sux bad no offense simple facts No...Wink

have i already mentioned my files being named cd1 and cd2 as youve suggested im not completely noob , but tbh one poster per "cd" part and it can get pretty frustrating if you have copys of that same movie and them too containing "cd" parts -.-'

Ned Scott Wrote:A lot of people seem confused here. File "mode" and Library "mode" have been merged in XBMC v11 (Eden). hentai23 is correct that this should work as he described. This is an intentional added feature that the XBMC devs have made.

I have tested my own Dec 10th nightly build and I am seeing full metadata, thumbs, covers, etc in the file view. Everything is working fine for me, just like >>X<<.

Finally, hentai, CALM DOWN. Also, video clips don't help, debug logs do.

ummmm... ill attach a debug log for you but tbh that video clip showed what a COMPLETE FRESH INSTALL WITH FRESH PROFILE looks like , so i really dont know what dec 10 build you are using but its not working over here as you was able to see Oo

heres a debug log:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rooqt39js3htsqt

TerranQ Wrote:Communicate coherently or don't bother.

No, it isn't

You are only one individual using this software. As was said before, you are the only one with this issue, which would lead me to believe that the actual problem is not with the software.

but you can delete the file, and thus remove it from the library. Thus, XBMC does the job it's supposed to. If you want to delete the entire folder, go into file mode or close xbmc and browse to your source.

Use proper naming and proper settings in your advancedsettings.xml. No more duplicates due to samples or misnamed multi-part files

See my answer above

See my answer above. If you do have an unknown file, then by all means, go to file mode to view it.

thats funny cause i couldve sworn that i made a youtubeclip that showed me doing it on a COMPLETE new installation of xbmc including fresh profile , id love to hear the explanation on that one Wink

youre funny you know that first you say well youre the only one using files mode ...but then well if you want to completely remove youre finished movie from youre hdd youre gona have to use files mode ...lolz much? xD

and youre last answer well you shot yourself in the foot with that one xD since ive explained what happens if you have a movie thats not in the scraper database -.-'

and to youre favour i am communicating coherently atm xD
scudlee Wrote:Could it just be that the folders that showed posters had a folder.jpg, but the ones that didn't didn't?
exactly ...thank you my friend some here dont seem to get it -.-'

Jeroen Wrote:I have noticed that I manually have to set movie thumbs in "file mode" for movies that have extra files or folders.

So, movies that are in this folder structure:

Code:
[movies]
   [movie folder]
      [movie.avi]

show the scraped poster when browsing the upper level.

However movies that have this folder structure:

Code:
[movies]
   [movie folder]
      [extrafanart]
      [some folder]
      [movie.avi]

for example don't show the movie poster at the upper level, only when at the movie folder's level. I have to set a remote thumb first and from then on it will show the poster in the upper level.

Which brings me to a question about the intended behavior here. Because in the second example, selecting the movie folder will not start the movie but instead open the movie's folder. Which in a way makes sense, but as I can't actually view any other content than actual video files here I wonder what the point would be. If I were able to open the files in the extrafanrt folder for example, then the use would be clear to me.

Hope that makes sense.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS FREAKIN SAYING THANK YOU BRO IM NOT ALONE AFTERALL!!!! its only on the upper level thou most as you can see of my movies arent all upper level and as ive clearly showed in my first clip in this thread No...Wink

and the crazy thing is setting remote thumb for fanart doesnt work unlike poster ,so fanart is completely bugged -.-'

and the point being that every movie folder has its own thumb and fanart but you being able to access them like regular folders thus you can pick out the right file to playback and , thus no duplicates at all!!! ..

btw setting youre source's content to recursive scan only will give you the ability to access every movie as folder and thus allowing you to completely wipe it off youre hdd once youre finished with it ....

Hitcher Wrote:I just tested this for a movie that hadn't been scraped by XBMC yet and thus was not in the library.

I saved two images in the folder (folder.jpg and fanart.jpg), browsed to my Movie folder in File mode and XBMC displayed both the poster and fanart.

So what's the problem?

-.-'

funny but what have i been saying all this time?

please read bro do me the favour seriously ....if i scrape with ember wich saves the metadata /posters/fanart into the corresponding movie folder then IT SHOWS PERFECT IN XBMC UNDER FILES MODE but!!! the internal scraped movies by XBMC's imdb scraper WILL NOT SHOW fanart wont show at all no matter what you do and posters show IF you select remote thumb in info panel for each freakin movie Eek, wich isnt how its supposed to be No
Code:
[movies]
   [movie folder]
      [extrafanart]
      [some folder]
      [movie.avi]

@hentai23

Maybe I misunderstand what you want to do but scraping for me using only XBMC scraper (IMDb) without prior scraping by any media manger so no nfo/fanart/thumb still gives me artwork in file mode even using the file structure above with miscellaneous folders inside the movie folder

Ignore performance old machine Confused

Skip to 2.31 if you want to avoid scanning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7ScRSSm...e=youtu.be
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Every now and then I come across a member I just have to add to my ignore list. Wink
>>X<<' Wrote:Skip to 2.31 if you want to avoid scanning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7ScRSSm...e=youtu.be

Hmm... hentai23, did you check "Use folder names for lookup"? Maybe that's the difference.
i havent selected use folder names for lookup ...and theres a reason why , since if you select that option it wont let you completely remove the movie from youre hdd or xbmc aka making files mode useless almost

id like to see him do that without use folder names for lookup -.-'
TugboatBill Wrote:Every now and then I come across a member I just have to add to my ignore list. Wink

There's an ignore list?! Where?
TugboatBill Wrote:Every now and then I come across a member I just have to add to my ignore list. Wink
I Concur!
TerranQ Wrote:There's an ignore list?! Where?
http://forum.xbmc.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist
scudlee Wrote:Hmm... hentai23, did you check "Use folder names for lookup"? Maybe that's the difference.

Spot on it doesn't work with "Use folder names for lookups" disabled

hentai23 Wrote:i havent selected use folder names for lookup ...and theres a reason why , since if you select that option it wont let you completely remove the movie from youre hdd or xbmc aka making files mode useless almost

What do you mean by this there should be no difference removing movies ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
this still hasnt been fixed?, seriously?.. its about files mode -.-'0