this still hasnt been fixed?, seriously?.. its about files mode -.-'
hentai23 Wrote:ill say it one more time ey since you mustve missed that part....there isnt any episode info for my unlicensed non dubbed non aired on us tv ....fansubbed anime episodes from japanese tv -.-'

so that option will be of no use in this situation ...thanks for the suggestion thou bro

You're wrong. tvdb doesn't care if it's licensed or not, and people fill those summaries in as this stuff is airing.
-.-' i did not mean the licensing it in itself i meant that if it doesnt air on us tv only on japanese tv aka fansubbed then it most likely wont be on thetvdb that includes movies or ova's...or am i wrong? i dont use thetvdb much as you can see since it doesnt implement absolute numbering for scraping

btw id love if there was an way to have it scrape episodes for absolute numbering instead of seasons as it is atm since ALL fansub groups release in absolute numbering without EP in the filename -.-'

btw anybody able to tell me how to clear the cache but only for movies so i can do a complete fresh scan for my movies?
hentai23 Wrote:-cut-
btw anybody able to tell me how to clear the cache but only for movies so i can do a complete fresh scan for my movies?

Remove scrapper and choose to clean up library, re-add scrapper.
hentai23 Wrote:-.-' i did not mean the licensing it in itself i meant that if it doesnt air on us tv only on japanese tv aka fansubbed then it most likely wont be on thetvdb that includes movies or ova's...or am i wrong? i dont use thetvdb much as you can see since it doesnt implement absolute numbering for scraping

It's pretty crazy how much data they've been throwing at it lately. I honestly didn't think they would have as much as they did, but they've got summaries for just about everything out there. If anything, it's the older stuff that's hard to find summaries for.
hentai23 Wrote:let me give you a protip myself bout the anime suggestion ....TRASH THETVDB alltogether bro!! no offense but youre doing it wrong (...) btw thetvdb database sux bad no offense simple facts
Dude seriously... at this point I am getting really angry. Not only that you write in an offensive, unrespectful way (i.e. "bro" and insults), you also "trash" community-driven projects which are not only great but awesome just because you are unable to use it correctly? Seriously: Just S-H-U-T U-P if you do not like it, obviously there is need for theTVDB and obviously more than enough people are more than happy with it.

Also - you do know that there is a neat little button "Edit", instead of posting 6 times in a row? You can also cut quotes to the necessary stuff instead of just quoting that whole thing. Help us help you.

hentai23 Wrote:exactly ...thank you my friend some here dont seem to get it -.-'
And this is our fault? Put a little bit effort in your writing and we would be more able to understand what you want.

Also screaming like a little butthurt kid "IT DOESN'T WORK! FIX IT!" will get you nowhere. Why don't you post it as a bug on the tracker as it is obviously not working as it should (since it was being announced for Eden), with a debug-log and everything?

Also - a video-clip won't help because you can only see what happens on the front-end, on the end that you are able to see. A logfile instead shows what's happening in the background which leads to the output you get on the frontend.

hentai23 Wrote:p.s: my attitude doesnt suck im just trying to get this worked out sorry if its been taken the wrong way yall know im greatful for all the help , afterall i am a noob sometimes lolz xD
Yes, yes it does? Do you want examples for that?
Quote:well how bout you go and try it , go on delete a movie in files mode and see if you still have that folder remaining on youre hdd or xbmc...im waiting
Quote:fix this !!!!

hentai23 Wrote:thats all fine and dandy but anidb is the place to be and the episodes/ movies/ova's i have arent even aired in the us , and i dont use anidb for individual episode info i use it for the series folder the episodes belong to , why would anybody want to spoil the content of an episode etc in advance dont you usually wanna find out what happens yourself i can understand having info for the series folder so you know what the anime itself is about but for every single episode?
Uhm... what about you want to watch a specific episode a second time? For example...
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

schumi2004 Wrote:Remove scrapper and choose to clean up library, re-add scrapper.

thanks ill try that out asap Nod

Ned Scott Wrote:It's pretty crazy how much data they've been throwing at it lately. I honestly didn't think they would have as much as they did, but they've got summaries for just about everything out there. If anything, it's the older stuff that's hard to find summaries for.

i see thanks for clearing that up well got myself the MOST epic file renamer for episodes etc they call it filebot

that should get all my episodes renamed properly in a jiff so i can see for myself Nod

HenryFord Wrote:Dude seriously... at this point I am getting really angry. Not only that you write in an offensive, unrespectful way (i.e. "bro" and insults), you also "trash" community-driven projects which are not only great but awesome just because you are unable to use it correctly? Seriously: Just S-H-U-T U-P if you do not like it, obviously there is need for theTVDB and obviously more than enough people are more than happy with it.

Also - you do know that there is a neat little button "Edit", instead of posting 6 times in a row? You can also cut quotes to the necessary stuff instead of just quoting that whole thing. Help us help you.

And this is our fault? Put a little bit effort in your writing and we would be more able to understand what you want.

Also screaming like a little butthurt kid "IT DOESN'T WORK! FIX IT!" will get you nowhere. Why don't you post it as a bug on the tracker as it is obviously not working as it should (since it was being announced for Eden), with a debug-log and everything?

Also - a video-clip won't help because you can only see what happens on the front-end, on the end that you are able to see. A logfile instead shows what's happening in the background which leads to the output you get on the frontend.

Yes, yes it does? Do you want examples for that?

Uhm... what about you want to watch a specific episode a second time? For example...

ok you have a point btw youre abit late ive already explained that i have no ill intentions was just trying to get this worked out and have ,thanks to the helpful members on xbmc forums

and ill be trying that episode renaming out since ive found this epic app called filebot ,should do the magic, and found out that anidb itself contains the thetvdb api so this should work ...

and im sorry if ive offended anybody once again common by now you guys should know me half of what i type i dont mean the way its being received yall are being too uptight and id like to see you in my situation btw if i really was such an ass i wouldnt even bother commenting ....Wink

and my writing is my style sorry if it rubs you the wrong way this is me being respectful trust me you dont wanna see me write disrespectful Big Grin

and i did post a debug log btw Huh

anyhow what could be improved is the method >>x<< mentioned so we dont have to do 2 scrapes in a row to get everything we need Nod
ok as per request ill be merging posts since some dont seem to like 6 posts in a row xD
yep ...there, hope this is better , first time for me to do this xD
hentai23 Wrote:ok as per request ill be merging posts since some dont seem to like 6 posts in a row xD

I think what they mean is that you could use the edit button if make a new reply if you already have latest comment.

And expand post with new info.
yeah thought something like that was meant xD
hentai23 - not sure if you've sorted out your problem with the thumbnails/posters as yet, but I was wondering if it was more to do with ember than XBMC (in a way)

I had an issue a few months ago when XBMC wouldn't pick up the fanart when adding new movies, so I had to manually add them - no biggy, but I realised that somehow I had changed the settings in ember so when ember scraped the fanart it called it somehting like [movie].fanart.jpg instead of just fanart.jpg and so XBMC wouldn't automatically find the fanart when scanning for new movies.

Just wondered if you had something in your ember settings relating to posters that may be similar.

I also found that ember was creating two nfo files for my movies, one called [movie].nfo and one called movie.nfo

XBMC would read the latter; movie.nfo but if I subsequently updated the movie on ember (I make sure each movie only has one genre, so for instance if I change the genre in ember) it only updates the [movie].nfo and therefore XBMC won't see the changes. Simply deleting the movie.nfo file worked, but this is just to illustrate that maybe it is your settings in ember rather than XBMC

Hope that helps
Buff Wrote:hentai23 - not sure if you've sorted out your problem with the thumbnails/posters as yet, but I was wondering if it was more to do with ember than XBMC (in a way)

I had an issue a few months ago when XBMC wouldn't pick up the fanart when adding new movies, so I had to manually add them - no biggy, but I realised that somehow I had changed the settings in ember so when ember scraped the fanart it called it somehting like [movie].fanart.jpg instead of just fanart.jpg and so XBMC wouldn't automatically find the fanart when scanning for new movies.

Just wondered if you had something in your ember settings relating to posters that may be similar.

I also found that ember was creating two nfo files for my movies, one called [movie].nfo and one called movie.nfo

XBMC would read the latter; movie.nfo but if I subsequently updated the movie on ember (I make sure each movie only has one genre, so for instance if I change the genre in ember) it only updates the [movie].nfo and therefore XBMC won't see the changes. Simply deleting the movie.nfo file worked, but this is just to illustrate that maybe it is your settings in ember rather than XBMC

Hope that helps

His problem was related to items that hadn't been scraped with ember first those that had where being added fine Oo
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:His problem was related to items that hadn't been scraped with ember first those that had where being added fine Oo

So why not just scrape everything in Ember first - this is what I do, so that I get the fanart/poster etc... I want, and make sure that I only have one genre for each film (so I can browse by genre easier in XBMC)

Surely he could just go back to ember and re-scrape - or is there an issue with the Japanese only released tv/films he has?
Buff Wrote:So why not just scrape everything in Ember first - this is what I do, so that I get the fanart/poster etc... I want, and make sure that I only have one genre for each film (so I can browse by genre easier in XBMC)

Surely he could just go back to ember and re-scrape - or is there an issue with the Japanese only released tv/films he has?

Maybe he doesn't want to use Ember that's a question for him not me

If you read the other posts in this thread then you would know the problem is no longer a problem anyway and this was a problem specific to file mode when using VIDEO_TS folders
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
>>X<<' Wrote:Maybe he doesn't want to use Ember that's a question for him not me

If you read the other posts in this thread then you would know the problem is no longer a problem anyway and this was a problem specific to file mode when using VIDEO_TS folders

Fair enough, I thought it had been sorted, but couldn't see in the thread that he still didn't have an issue, hence the suggestion it may be to do with ember - just trying to help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
this still hasnt been fixed?, seriously?.. its about files mode -.-'0