this still hasnt been fixed?, seriously?.. its about files mode -.-'
no prob bro thanks for trying to help out btw , the reason why i use the internal scraper is cause i get like a 95% success rate ...with ember ....bout 35%, you see where im going with this? must have to do with all my alternative titled asian movies and ember seemingly having a problem to get the correct info for em on autoscrape all items /force best match...

i even posted this problem over at the new ember thread btw, hell if ember worked as should for me then i wouldnt need the internal imdb scraper for movies ....wishful thinking atm -.-'
Fair enough, not had an issue with Ember but then I guess I've only got fairly mainstream movies/tv shows and I do scrape each one individually rather than all at once, which always seems to work out better.
hentai23 Wrote:no prob bro thanks for trying to help out btw , the reason why i use the internal scraper is cause i get like a 95% success rate ...with ember ....bout 35%, you see where im going with this? must have to do with all my alternative titled asian movies and ember seemingly having a problem to get the correct info for em on autoscrape all items /force best match...

i even posted this problem over at the new ember thread btw, hell if ember worked as should for me then i wouldnt need the internal imdb scraper for movies ....wishful thinking atm -.-'

From what I remember there is a way to use XBMC's scraper in Ember but don't ask me how as I don't remember this info was on the old ember site in the wiki

Sounds like it would need updating to use the latest scrapers from xbmc

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=622...count=4935
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
you should post this over at the new ember thread perhaps bodrick can work some magic

>>x<<!!

heres the new ember home

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post965145
hentai23 Wrote:you should post this over at the new ember thread perhaps bodrick can work some magic

>>x<<!!

heres the new ember home

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post965145

Why me its you that might benefit from it not me I'm still using the original ember which works fine for me Wink
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
yeah but if i do all the posting its not gona be taken seriously since like half the suggestions are already from me xD , do a bro a favour >>x<<
well that wasnt my intention at all stoli

and shaolin im trying my best here ok so cut me some slack , peace
0) I tried joining this thread to see what was going on, holy @#*$ it's a mess.
1) Quit "Mergin" your posts. If you want to delete something. Click "Edit" and then "Delete". Post goes away.
2) Ellipses do not show stream of conscious writing. It's ... really.... hard... to... read... wtf --._\|--o- is going on ____----- in ----____ a thread.
3) Image
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
you should read the thread , this has already been solved

only thing that could be done is have an option to have the double scraping merged into one if possible for more userfriendly scraping thats all -.-'

btw dont shoot me lolz xD

and thanks for the delete tip always thought that was an admin only tool ,as you can see im abit of a noob on such things xD,

i shall take it into consideration on my future journeys through da webz , thanks bro

nr.2 was my favourite btw xD
nahh only here xD
@hentai
Now we all know you Smile

One thing i've noticed while making some tests:

Example 1:
-------------

All movies in one folder, to say:

Movies (root)

--- Gladiator.mkv
--- Braveheart.avi

Now there are 2 options from what i understand, the first is if you just have set content to " None " you will see the movies only in File Views, not library Views.

Second Option, you set content to " Movies " and scrap for them. Now when you enter Videos --> Files --> Movies you'll see your Movies only in Library View, with fanart, metadata, thumb etc.

Example 2:
----------

Movies sorted for each Movie in his own Folder:

Movies (Root)

--- Gladiator (2000)
---- Gladiator.mkv

Here we have the option to set content to " None " and you'll be forced to enter the videofile while browsing through the root only with File Views (not Library Views)
Second Option is to scrap for Movies setting the content to " Movies " (with option Look for Folder Names) ... now if you enter your Movies via Videos --> Files --> Movies you'll be able to browse your movies through the Library Views (not Files Views) but you're still forced to enter the moviefile going first through the parent folder. That means browsing through movies you'll just see the Movie Thumbs (no Fanart) but with all the metadata and info like plot rating etc. ... and now it comes: If you hit enter on a movie you'll see the videofile being still in library Views, hmmm now you have thumb and fanart but no info, such as plot, rating etc.

All this was caused with the merge Videos Files and Library in EDEN, wasn't that way in Dharma ...

I may think that if you really want to use your libary in files mode it MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL once they are scanned to the library.
ummm where to start ...ok first off thanks yeah i guess we all got to know each other abit better during this little journey xD

and about the files mode...well just to say this

having all your movies in theyre own folders is a must anyhow ,so that we dont even have to debate we all know that

second , bout the scraping , its as i said using the aforementioned method that >>x<< named is the best method for this atm , aka having your thumbs show up for movies with video_ts folders and doing a second scrape with recursive scan for the rest wich will then show the internal scraped posters and fanart in files mode and the ratings etc in info panel too , anyhow

the bottom line is in files mode you can completely wipe the movie you choose to delete off your hdd and xbmc's library

thou not sure bout the library mode itself that perhaps requires a seperate clean library execution , thou since i dont use library mode and its disabled in my menu , as mentioned i could hardly care less xD

btw i already was getting freaked out abit you not showing up in such a lively thread since your usually one of the first visitors xD, hope your cirrus skin is goin well bro, happy holidays , peace

p.s: your right about the dharma thing thou xD, thou im sure they had theyre reasoning?

and once bodrick figures out how to either implement the internal scraper or fix the way automatic scraping is handled with best match in ember then we might not need all this mumbo jumbo in the near future xD , or the xbmc devs come up with a solution ...since not everybody uses ember , but i do ...just not now since it needs quite a bit of polish its been collecting dust for a little while xD

sure i could manually scrape ever single movie with ember but that defeats the purpose being userfriendly not to mention a waste of time ...whereas you could be enjoying movies while it autoscrapes all your movies without any requirement of input from you ....where getting there its just taking a little while xD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
this still hasnt been fixed?, seriously?.. its about files mode -.-'0