[LIVE] - Can't see windows 7 share help?
Hi there, I've been using xbmc fine accessing a windows share on my network to watch media and stuff then I got a new computer, and now I just can not get it working. Like last time I am sure it just worked. This time though when I try to browse to the network smb share I can not even enter the workgroup. Like I can see it but can not go into it, I just get an error. The network is working though as the youtube video plugin is playing off the net.
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
Win7 takes a bit of tweaking to get sharing working. It's a right pain in the arse. Lots of guides around though that list what settings you need to change.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
Are you running XBMC on Windows as well?

If you are, you can solve access issues by having the same user and password configured on both source and target machines.

Shares and folders each have permissions. Best practice has evolved to simplify this by setting share permissions to 'everyone full control' and controlling access through underlying file and folder level permissions.

As long as the user under which XBMC is running is configured with the same password on the filesharing system and the share and folder permissions are as I have described, it will 'just work'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] - Can't see windows 7 share help?0