Double entries in music library caused by compilation albums
I have just added my music to XBMC library. Everything is pretty cool but i was wondering one thing is intentional or am i missing something.

Example:
I have an artist with 3 full albums. Artistalbum tag is lets say Metallica. This artist also has a track on a compilation album. Compilation album has artist tag "Various artists".

I open the library with artist sorting and browse to metallica. With the 3 full metallica album XBMC also shows the compilation album that contains only one track, the one where metallica is artist (not album artist). Then i go back to artist list and move to Various Artists entry. It has the compilation album and the same Metallica track.

So the same track has two entries in the library!

How to prevent this? I have disabled the setting "include artist only on compilation" (Thats my translation, its the 1st one in the list). Now my artist list does include only artists that have full albums, but under thos artist the compilation albums are also showing.

... pretty unclear, but hope someone understands

JP
anyone? it starting to bug me...
I'd say that's more of a feature than a bug. There's no duplicate entry per se, just that pulling up an artist finds all tracks/albums by that artist, as it should.

If you don't want the track on the compilation to show up you may have to use a different tagging convention (e.g. set artist on compilation tracks to "Various" or something) but that defeats the purpose.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double entries in music library caused by compilation albums0