Remote Keyboard Not Working (Event Server Issue)
Hello,

I'm having trouble getting my keyboard to work on an iphone xbmc remote app. Strangely enough everything else works in the remote (navigating, play/pause, etc.) except for keyboard commands. Also I have downloaded about six xbmc remote apps and most of them are experiencing the same issue (except the official xbmc app which I'm guessing uses something other than Event Server to receive keyboard commands).

I have the "Allow programs on this system to control xbmc" and the "Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc" turned on as well as "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP." The one other thing I will mention is that I am running Gotham 13.1 on OSX 10.9.4. I have an old installation of Frodo 12.3 on the same machine with all the same settings and the keyboard works perfectly on that installation. I tried the same setup on multiple mac computers on multiple networks but the problem still persists. Any idea why this would be happening?

log: http://pastebin.com/AGkzj1iL
Well, I've made a little headway on this issue. I've since uninstalled all instances of xbmc from my system (including support files) and did a fresh install of the gotham 13.2 release. Now I've noticed that If I use a keyboard command in some fields they work, for example if I got under the filter option in the lefthand pop out menu I can type there or when I'm naming a new source I can type there as well. Whenever the keyboard popup menu shows (the one that shows the full keyboard where each letter can be selected), however, my keyboard strokes no longer work. In looking at the log regardless of where I'm typing the log shows this:

Code:
16:32:13 T:4607737856   DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
16:32:23 T:140735129088768   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 3 times.
16:32:23 T:140735129088768   DEBUG: GetActionCode: Trying Hardy keycode for 0xf174
16:32:23 T:140735129088768   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:32:23 T:140735129088768   DEBUG: OnKey: numpadfour (0xf174) pressed, trying keyboard action f174

This is what happened when I pressed the letter "t." Not sure why is says "numpadfour." Anyone know if this looks normal? Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Keyboard Not Working (Event Server Issue)0