[Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo
(2013-01-06, 23:24)tjsuominen Wrote: Hi Zetterlund,

How did you find my UX/UI findings / proposal?

//timo

Got some of them implented, some are technically difficult to acheive while following the MetroUX guidelines..

Will be another update published tonight I think. (hopefully fixed the resuming issues but need to test a little bit more).
Hi zetterlund,

New beta on the horizon? Smile

//timo
Hi Zutterland,

Congrats on being the only WP XBMC app to support Frodo!

I've been getting great use out of the app recently since moving to a raspberry pi and reverting to my Samsung remote for basic control, but I do have some humble requests:

- TV Shows list: I have a lot of shows, could there be an option here to show / hide watched? If not, perhaps we could get those nifty metro shortcut buttons for skipping through the list quicker (ie the jumplist grid of A, B, C, D etc etc - like in the Movies Genres list)
- TV Shows list: option to use banner.jpg to pick up banners when not using poster view
- Remote: options for subtitles here (on / off / choose) would be ideal
- Remote: the remote icon itself on most of the screens interferes aesthetically with whatever text is up at the top - could perhaps replace the current semi-transparent circular icon with something solid such as the attached? rough mockup obviously. thoughts?

Thanks for all the hard work!
Thanks for the feedback.
That icon was nice! Ill have a look at that and see what I can do.
Remote -> subtitles on/off is controlled by the button in the bottom right corner. (bad design, I know)

TvShows, unwatched will be added soon.
Banner support is on it's way. (Already implemnted in the next version)
Will have a look at the Jumplist functionality for tvshows as well.
Photo 
Hi,

Fully support the remote Icon (yes, rough, but like the idea!)!!

For the Social sharing, it would be great:

- to be able to share (min. Facebook, Twitter) by long-tapping on the "Now playing"
- to be able to define 'default template text' for the Social sharing in the settings.

Thx for tuning the Movie details part, now better aligned.

Still would love to have (as per my UI/UX proposal earlier):

- the launch icon & text changed
- the "Now playing" UI still tuned (yes, I am not aware of all WP UI restrictions...)

Bug:
- Notified that in the Now playing the time-progressbar is not moving...

Keep up the great work!

PS. The image from Skydrive seem not to show up?

//timo
(2013-01-17, 22:16)zetterlund Wrote: Thanks for the feedback.
That icon was nice! Ill have a look at that and see what I can do.
Remote -> subtitles on/off is controlled by the button in the bottom right corner. (bad design, I know)

TvShows, unwatched will be added soon.
Banner support is on it's way. (Already implemnted in the next version)
Will have a look at the Jumplist functionality for tvshows as well.

Ah, that's what the on / off button does! Well once you know, that's fine.

Great to hear about the TV Unwatched and banner support. If the unwatched toggle becomes an option then I'm not sure a jumplist would be totally necessary except for bigger collections, but is much appreciated in my case!

And before anyone mentions the crazy runtime figures in the above screenshot, I've got to investigate why XBMC is reporting these weird numbers via the API (everything looks fine in the metadata and XBMC itself). Thanks!
The runtime is my bad. The result is changed from Eden to Frodo and therefor it looks like that. Will be fixed with the next update.
Hi Zetterlund.

Next update coming?

// timo
Unfortunately I've benn busy as #&%* at work lately and haven't been able to work on this project.
I will submit the current beta to Microsoft as a v2.0 this weekend and as soon as it's released (and if things has calmed down at work) I will start working on v2.1.
Sure, great to know and work is good also sometimes ;o)

Keep up the great stuff!

Hello.
I just made the jump from Android to WP recently and one of the first apps I've been looking for is a good XBMC remote.
This one is by far the best one and believe me, I've tested a lot of them (stupidly because I discovered only after there are only two supporting Frodo). I really don't regret my purchase. I love browsing through my library in such a clean and yet great looking interface.
I'm not too fond of the look of the remote itself yet, I guess that's just because as a former Android user I've been spoiled by the very stylish look of Yatse, but it's fonctionnal and it reacts very fast. So I really don't mind.

The only feature I'm really missing is a wake-on-lan function. Maybe for future releases?

Anyway, thank you for this amazing app and keep up the good work.
Thanks for the feedback.
Actually, WOL is already implemented even though I know it can do with some improvements.
if you go to settings, connections and click edit you can configure it.
As of now WOL is sent when the app is opened or if you switch to another connection that has WOL configured. In a later update I will also add a WOL button and a check to see if the machine is started before sending it.

And I agree, the Yatze remote is beautiful. Smile
Good news for the WP8 users of the app.

As of this morning, a new version is released. v2.0
This is WP8 only version which features support for :

WideTiles
Pin Movies and TvShows to start
Voice commanding
Smoother scrolling
Mark Movies and episodes as Watched/Unwatched
German language
and some other neat stuff.
Edit: yes it's there, now as "Buy or try" = beta ended.

//timo
Hey Zetterlund,

first of all, let me say it is a great app.

I have wanted to complain about one thing. When I wanted to play all songs from a specific artist, I would have to click on him,to go to a detail, and then go back to let the play button go active. Then I discovered option "Go to details when selected" and that solved my issue.

It would be great though, if it would go to the detail after double click. First click would select an artist and a click on a selected artist would go to detail.

Or the play button, when nothing is selected, could play all items displayed. Then I could go to artist detail, hit play and it would play all songs from him.

These are just small thing, that would make this app more easy to use.

Mythos

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo1