[Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo
I might have found something..
Could you try the "Clear Local Data" button that's located under the settings page?
Might be a serialization issue that causes the issue.
I've also rewritten alot of functionality regarding the thumbnail Uri's which could potentially cause some problems.
Other than that, I've also corrected a bug in the fast app switching functions.
Thank you for looking in to the matter so fast! Have tried clearing data and unticking store data locally but it seems to persist.. I have about 500 videos in the library, and it's located on a whs 2011 server, if that's at all helpful..Smile
Unfortunately I don't have anything in my music library ATM so can't test if it's only related to videos, but tv series works fine Though.

I'll try rescraping my movies in xbmc and let You know if that made any difference.
Man, MS's approval process must be painfully slow. Still haven't seen 1.7 hit the market Sad

Anyways, thank you Zetterlund for your quick response and help. I will try your suggestions tonight when I get home. Although I've tried the clear data option in the past with no change, I will try it again for good measure and will post back.

Just to note a little more on the video collection crash issue... If I open my video collection in the remote and rather than just start scrolling I hit the first letter and then select another letter to jump down (like 'k' for example) I can then scroll around quite a bit. But when I get to certain points in my library it will crash. For example, if I open my video collection and jump to 'G', then scroll down I can scroll down for days. If I jump to 'G' and scroll up, I get the crash when I get to about the D's. This would happen every time and after enough testing it seemed to happen at specific points in my library.

So after all of that I decided to go through the metadata of my library and clean it up since I had a few vids in there that were kind of random with little or no metadata attached. Items that would xbmc couldn't scrape or would only be viewable from the directory view within XBMC for example. Anyhow, I cleaned all of these up and still had the issue on my remote /sigh.

Tonight I will clear the local data on my phone and give it another shot just to be certain since I can't remember if I actually did that after all that library cleanup :/ ...Kind of a faceplam moment lol.

Thanks!
Yes, the testing process has very recently become a major problem. It used to take 3-5 days but now it's more like 7+ days..
Glad to tell you though that 1.7 should be on marketplace within 24 hours. (Unless that part has been slowed down as well, or something else screws up)

I will try to submit v1.8 after that which should (most likley) solve the library issues and some other stuff.
Update 1.7 is now available in the Market Place :-)
(2012-03-22, 14:45)loeffel Wrote: Update 1.7 is now available in the Market Place :-)

Thank you dev! If nothing else, your responsiveness and communication are well worth paying for this app Smile

-n
(2012-03-22, 17:15)nicbot Wrote:
(2012-03-22, 14:45)loeffel Wrote: Update 1.7 is now available in the Market Place :-)

Thank you dev! If nothing else, your responsiveness and communication are well worth paying for this app Smile

-n

Did this update do anything to the performance issues with TV shows?
If it is working ok now, I'll submit the 1.8 version for testing asap.
About TV Shows: much better Scrolling now, thx :-)

Any plans concering the performance in "offline" mode getting Movie/Music and TV show information?
In my opinion your app is having the best remote control mode, it's every time accessible.
Sometimes I have to restart the app getting control back when the phone suspends caused on the Wifi disconnect (I'm aware of this WP7 issue).
Also when I started watching a movie the remote control needs a little bit longer to take control of XBMC (pause/ff/rew, ...).

No big deal :-)

I love this app!
(2012-03-23, 08:04)loeffel Wrote: About TV Shows: much better Scrolling now, thx :-)

Any plans concering the performance in "offline" mode getting Movie/Music and TV show information?
In my opinion your app is having the best remote control mode, it's every time accessible.
Sometimes I have to restart the app getting control back when the phone suspends caused on the Wifi disconnect (I'm aware of this WP7 issue).
Also when I started watching a movie the remote control needs a little bit longer to take control of XBMC (pause/ff/rew, ...).

I love this app!

Great, then I'll submit 1.8 for testing.

When WiFi is lost, the app should reconnect when connection is once again established. If this doesn't work correctly, I'll look into it.

Regarding the offline mode, I'll try to improve that even further but that might take a while.
Plans right now is to fix the reported bugs, hopefully everything is fixed on v1.8, and then see if I can get someone to do a translation to German, French, Spanish and Russian.
(2012-03-23, 12:05)zetterlund Wrote:
(2012-03-23, 08:04)loeffel Wrote: About TV Shows: much better Scrolling now, thx :-)

I love this app!

Great, then I'll submit 1.8 for testing.

When WiFi is lost, the app should reconnect when connection is once again established. If this doesn't work correctly, I'll look into it.

Regarding the offline mode, I'll try to improve that even further but that might take a while.
Plans right now is to fix the reported bugs, hopefully everything is fixed on v1.8, and then see if I can get someone to do a translation to German, French, Spanish and Russian.

Scrolling TV is much better, but just to clarify it didn't force banner.jpg's to be used, it just shrunk the posters to a WAY more manageable size Smile Would still love to see all banners, but a) I can totally deal with this for now and b) I'm not 100% sure it's the remote's issue. Although banners in other remotes work for me and I have a banner.jpg in every TV show root folder...

Video collection (aka Movies) still has the same 'crash' to home screen issue when scrolling collection. Let me know if you need anymore details.

Thanks,

-n

[quote='nicbot' pid='1053562' dateline='1332515998']
[quote='zetterlund' pid='1053371' dateline='1332497118']
[quote]
TV s much better, but just to clarify it didn't force banner.jpg's to be used, it just shrunk the posters to a WAY more manageable size Smile Would still love to see all banners, but a) I can totally deal with this for now and b) I'm not 100% sure it's the remote's issue. Although banners in other remotes work for me and I have a banner.jpg in every TV show root folder...

Video collection (aka Movies) still has the same 'crash' to home screen issue when scrolling collection. Let me know if you need anymore details.

Thanks,

-n

[/quote]

The bug fix for the crash in movies is included in v1.8.
At least I hope it is,I haven't been able to reproduce the error do it's kind of a long shot, but I sure it will solve it, we'll see in a weeks time or whatever it takes for ms to verify the application.

Regarding the banner issues, in the Eden API you can't choose the banner.jpg as image thumbnail, the API serves the thumbnail associated with the current TV show. I haven't done any manual file association in my library, just been using the scrapers data and the result has been a nice banner. Smile
Version 1.8 is now available in marketplace.
Hopefully the crash issue is solved this time.
Please let me know if this solves it or not.
(2012-03-29, 17:47)zetterlund Wrote: Version 1.8 is now available in marketplace.

Will do!
(2012-03-29, 17:47)zetterlund Wrote: Version 1.8 is now available in marketplace.

Installed, cleared cache and tested. Still seeing the same crash from video library scrolling.

I paid for this remote also to test and compare:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/9...237de2db9e

First, the TV show banner issue seems to be and xbmc config issue, cause I have the same problem with this remote displaying poster thumbs rather than banners.

Second, the video scrolling crash does not happen with this app. I noticed the dev decided to allow the user to choose how many items will be displayed per page. The default is 100 to scroll through before you elect to go to the next page or load more. Not sure if that helps any, but just hoping it might point you in the right direction.

Thanks!
Got some good news, the problem has been found and a fix has been added. (And verified that it works)
Just need to do some more testing for the other new funtions, and then I'll submit the update to MS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows Phone] XBMC REMOTE for Eden and Frodo1