Margro vs. Opdenkamp?
God I love xbmc. Specially loving all the work you pvr guys have put in. Just felt I needed to say that.....

...seen a lot of bitchin' recently about how pvr won't be merged in time for eden. Don't think people appreciate/realise what's gone in to this in man hours and love....

Sorry for two OT posts in one thread!
Wow nice thread. I've never fully understood the two builds.

I'm happy to hear that ForTheRecord will be merged in, I'm a huge fan of this "light" Addon under windows.

Thanks so much for all your effort guys.
xbmcuser2000 Wrote:But I think that someone could develop a pvr addon that implements/integrates the backend itself.

For example, maybe could be posible that the TVheadend was integrated within the addon simplifing therefore the activation and configuration of PVR functionality.

Why would one do that? There are already some very decent TV engines available. Mediaportal, Argus and TVHeadend, just to name a few. They all have a broad community fixing things for maximum compatibility. Those engines are adaptive, they can be used for various clients which is what makes them useable to a broad range of people, and that's why they become so popular. Their great compatibility is an indirect effect of this.

With an XBMC-only plugin, your target user group is much smaller, and so will be your community. There won't be as much people working on it, which will result in a smaller amount of TV cards being supported. This in turn will make the plugin less interesting compared to the bigger engines. In the end, it will most likely be a waste of time.

It's better to spend time on linking the current backends with XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Margro vs. Opdenkamp?1