Holiday HTPC
Alright guys, been reading around the XBMC Forums for a while now and finally decided to register. I've had XBMC installed on my laptop to try out some apps and get a feel for the entire program which I love. Since my digital media collection is now growing I've decided to push fourth and try and setup my own HTPC for my living room. The only problem is I'm trying to have a budget of $350 and I'm not sure if I'm putting together the right stuff.

I know I want a Mini/Micro MOBO and a SSD with 4GB ram for starters. I'd like a TV tuner(doesn't have to be right away) and a black case that maybe has a spot for a drive so I can have a Bluray player. Obviously want to play 1080p with my LED TV. I already have a few HDD for media storage so don't need any of that.

I kind of like this case but I'm not sold on anything right now. I guess you can say i'm pretty picking when it comes to stuff. I already have the XBMC app on my iPad for a controller and have a universal remote that might work. So I would appreciate any help with a possible build from NewEgg. Yes I've been searching and read a lot of eskro's threads. Just still not fully commited/confident that I will buy everything correctly haha.

Possible build:
Case: Silverstone
Mobo: Gigabyte or Gigabyte 2
Have you read the stickies? There are some good primers there.

Edit: As well as Eskro's excellent thread, which should probably be stickied too Smile
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Grandia Series GD05B case is really nice!
Some more inspiration (from a place where they are indeed picky):

http://www.silentpcreview.com/section21.html
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
For $350 shipped HTPC, this one might be your best choice- Gateway SX2370-UB30P. It is very well equipped, and it's ready for XBMC out of the box. It has a black micro atx size case that you want. You'll more time to enjoy all your BD's in full 1080P video and the latest DTS-HD and TrueHD audio this holiday. Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:For $350 shipped HTPC, this one might be your best choice- Gateway SX2370-UB30P

but hey, isnt it more $380 when adding taxes??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Holiday HTPC0