(REVIVED) Stuttering/jerky 1080i on pre-Eden and post-Eden
with no overscan on the tv there seems to be like a couple rows of pixels on the bottom of the video, random pink garbage.

I can only see it if I enable deinterlacing.

Do you see it?
I forgot to say what version I'm using!

I'm on the eden nightlies as well.

Switched to that when my backend upgraded to mythtv 0.24, Since then, no livetv from the hdpvr in xbmc, the hdhomerun channels from mythtv work fine. wtf, should open a ticket for this.

HDPVR with xbmc has always been a PITA, but it's a neat piece of hardware that's worth fighting for.
sebj Wrote:it's from the same encoder he's using. (HDPVR)
pssstt... sebj... she Wink
sebj Wrote:HDPVR with xbmc has always been a PITA, but it's a neat piece of hardware that's worth fighting for.
This is the first problem I've had with it, it was swallowing the 1080i's I had been throwing at it with NO issues at all, till sometime in the December nightlies.
Quote:pssstt... sebj... she

Sorry there! Big Grin
@ialand
Still investigating. Can you be more precise about the time this issue occurred first. Between 10.1 and the December builds is quite a long time.

@sebj
I see 2-3 corrupted lines at the bottom. This is not unusual for interlaced material and not related to your tv card. This is why tv sets use overscanning. I think a better way to get rid of those is to crop them. It's on my todo list. Don't ask me when it's going to be implemented Smile
FernetMenta Wrote:@ialand
Still investigating. Can you be more precise about the time this issue occurred first. Between 10.1 and the December builds is quite a long time.
I *THINK* the first nightly I noticed it on was around Dec 1. Sorry I can't be more precise. If there is a way (and a list) of the nightlies I will be more than happy to roll back one of my setups till I find where it works again. With 26tb of data to choose from, I can test it pretty well Smile

PS: the colored static sebj speaks of also was NOT present on the previous (working) builds.. it appears to be connected to this issue.
@FernetMenta

Thanks for looking into it. Good to know it's not just my setup I guess.

To mitigate the problem, I scale all videos to 1.01, which kinda sucks.

Funny thing though, even if these lines are in the file, there must have been a regression recently since this wasn't as blantant as it is now.

I'm thinking november-ish
sebj: can you post a screenshot or something? We might not be talking about the same issue. The one I was describing is around for years.
ialand: I rolled my repo back to Nov 16th and don't see any difference. Your file plays with de-interlacing disabled and stutters with de-interlacing enabled. There's a weird pattern of timestamps coming from the input stream and fed into ffmpeg. The frames we get out of fmpeg can't play well, hence I think it must be a change in ffmpeg. But it was already upgraded in Feb.

Can you check what exactly you had installed as it was used to work? Are you absolutely sure that you had de-interlacing enabled the last time you saw it working. We have split those settings in deinterlacing mode and method. Maybe it got automatically disabled after you have upgraded.
FernetMenta Wrote:ialand: I rolled my repo back to Nov 16th and don't see any difference. Your file plays with de-interlacing disabled and stutters with de-interlacing enabled. There's a weird pattern of timestamps coming from the input stream and fed into ffmpeg. The frames we get out of fmpeg can't play well, hence I think it must be a change in ffmpeg. But it was already upgraded in Feb.

Can you check what exactly you had installed as it was used to work? Are you absolutely sure that you had de-interlacing enabled the last time you saw it working. We have split those settings in deinterlacing mode and method. Maybe it got automatically disabled after you have upgraded.

I tried manually turning off de-interlacing on the build I have now (Dec 11) and when trying to play one of those files, it will either crash the whole thing, or just quit playing.

I have had interlace set to defaults (auto, auto select) with vdapu enabled since first installing LIVE and have never touched it till now. Only thing I could do is try to wipe the drive clean, reinstall the 10.1 LIVE and.. no that won't help, I guess if I did the nightlys it would take me straight back to the Dec 11 build. I can't tell you anything else I'm afraid. I was working and now.. phhhft... wish I could tell you more
http://www.mediafire.com/?a5z2c5ikzkkfhh5

Here's a screenshot.

the nvidia driver is 290.10

I ran the file on osx nightly dec21 2011 and deinterlaced set to AUTO and then BOB and I can't see the problem.

hmm...

But I get the choppyness=frame drops like ialand too, so I don;t consider this a thread hijack :p
*ping*? Any news on this? I was going to try to update to beta 1, but it appears the unstable repo's are broken and I get errors when trying to update anything and it fails.
I am waiting for feedback of some others but as far as I can see it's an ffmpeg problem.
Quote:I am waiting for feedback of some others but as far as I can see it's an ffmpeg problem.

Is there something really different to the macosx version? I don't seem to have the "last lines artifact" in macosx using auto-->bob deinterlacing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(REVIVED) Stuttering/jerky 1080i on pre-Eden and post-Eden0