[APPLE TV 1] Choppy video playback solutions
Hi All,

I am running the latest version of xbmc on an Apple TV 1. Broadcom Crystal HD (BCM970012) installed. Playback of 720p .mkv files is a bit erratic. When the Apple TV first starts up, playback is smooth. However, if I try to navigate through the file (forward, reverse, pause, etc.) or change to another file, the video becomes choppy.

Restarting my ATV resolves this issue every time. Also, if a video is playing smoothly and allowed to play to completion, then the next video will play smoothly as well.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of cache that gets clogged up or something if I try to switch between videos mid stream. My thought is that this gets cleared up when a file finishes playing or when I restart the system.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I would like to be able to change what I am watching without restarting my ATV everytime.
Does it clear up if you quickly pause/play a few times? It could just be the "train wreak"/skippy problem that the BCM970012 has (which was fixed in the BCM970015).
There is quite a bit of lag between the time I press pause and when it actually pauses. In fact, play/pause sometimes seems to exacerbate the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 1] Choppy video playback solutions0