• 3(current)
HTPC RF Keyboards
thank you very much for this thread.
Anyone have a suggest for a keyboard with track pad that will work 35-40ft?
Little bump tried a dynex model no luck the mouse works till right about where my tv is, need another 9ft and the keyboard loses signal about 5ft before the mouse. Trying to stay in the lower end of the price range since it will only be used for occasional web surfing and when I rip my BD and scrap to mkvs, otherwise ill be using my phone and playbook to control xbmc.
which phone u have?

if its a smartPhone, try MobileMousePro
I have the HTC Inspire, its a smart phone. Yeah I saw that app I guess ill just wait for my internet to be installed and try that. Otherwise I'm gonna get usb to cat6 extenders and run the rf unit all the way to behind my tv.
right on! try MobileMousePro when u can!
I actually love this keyboard and it range is about 10 meters

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6823191008
so is it possible that there is no "normal" sized rf keyboard with touchpad and backlight out there which covers more than 10m in range ? Sad

the only one i've found is the new "SWTOR Razer Gaming Keyboard", but i guess it will be very expensive with this integrated multi touch LCD screen ^^
Any tips on which one of these can do everything? I have my iphone+ipad for XBMC use, but I'd like to also have control over my HTPC when XBMC is not running, and during bootup (must be able to use the keyboard to access BIOS, etc., before the OS loads, otherwise I'll need a redundant USB keyboard).

It would also be ideal to be able to control basic IR universal remote stuff too, so it can turn my TV on and off.

As things are now, I have a too many remote controls on my table, plus a USB keyboard, plus my iPad. I'd like to have a single omni-device that works as a traditional keyboard/mouse (including during bootup! can RF do that?), AND a universal IR remote as well.
1QWK510 Wrote:Anyone have a suggest for a keyboard with track pad that will work 35-40ft?

I got the logitech K400 and the range on this is excellent! I tested it in every room in the house and it didn't miss a beat! My house is tiny but it would of easily gone 15+ meters through multiple walls and still worked.

Highly recommend the k400 to anyone that wants a all in one RF keyboard with track pad.
QLink Wrote:so is it possible that there is no "normal" sized rf keyboard with touchpad and backlight out there which covers more than 10m in range ? Sad
MORE than 10m? Good luck finding a mfr that targets that niche market of 3 people worldwide Big Grin

It'd be easier (and cheaper) if you use a USB extension cable for the sensor to reduce RF distance.
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?
baldmosher Wrote:MORE than 10m? Good luck finding a mfr that targets that niche market of 3 people worldwide Big Grin

hmm, even with shorter range, let's say ~6m i'm not able to find a "normal" sized rf keyboard with touchpad and backlight ...

any1 any suggestions ?
What about the Boxee Remote?

http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-DSM-22-Boxe...B00480OSVK

Note comment from reviewer:

Quote:The one caveat I mentioned in the title refers to the issue I had with a bug in the Xorg X11 server (on my Ubuntu 10.10 box). This is not strictly D-Link/Boxee's fault, but I would have expected that team to actively work with the open source community to make sure these bugs did not exist. -1 star for that. The fix is not complicated, but it was a speed bump in what would otherwise have been a true plug-and-play out-of-the-box solution. The fix for those who are having the same issue: add a PPA with the patched xorg-server [1]:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ken-vandine/boxee
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
remote side way too basic to control XBMC
Are there any simple remotes out there that use RF?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC RF Keyboards2