• 12(current)
HTPC RF Keyboards
(2013-11-14, 04:09)itsameta4 Wrote: DON'T BUY A RII

The buttons on the front of the remote are IR-only. I suppose it's fine if you have an IR-blaster or CEC lying around, but if you're expecting those buttons to do anything in XBMC you'll be very disappointed.

Huh?

The front side is a universal *learning* ir remote. What did you expect?

You do not need an ir blaster or cec. You need an ir receiver as with any other ir remote, but it will work through cec through the tv or the av receiver if they support it
Any RII 13 owners who have figured out how to use the IR macro key? This button is not mentioned in the manual at all, so before I start trying to figure it out myself by trial and error I'm hoping for your insights.

EDIT: as it turned out the remote lacks Macro functionality, its just one more single action button with an unfortunate label.
I have a ipazzport KP-810-18BVR(bluetooth), that I am using with a windows 8.1 x64 setup. Although I have only had it for a few weeks, I am mostly satisfied with the KP-810-18BVR. The keyboard, touch pad and infra red remote work as expected. The voice/blue tooth headset works pretty well too aside for 1 complaint that I have with it. The tones that are emitted from a headset when you have one connected via the headset jack are deafening. When the device gets low on batteries it emits a warning tone that seriously hurts my ears. It also emits a tone when you press the voice button to connect the headset or start a voice command, but at least you know when those tones are going to be emitted so you can take your headset off before you press the button, saving your ears from the shock. But the low battery warning tones come unexpectedly. Has anyone experienced this problem also? Anyone know if there is a way to lower the volume on these tones? I have tried turning windows system volume down, but as far as I can tell the volume of those low battery/voice/headset control tones seem to be independent of other volume settings. Overall the device is pretty convenient. I really like the headset feature, if I can only figure out how to make the alert tones less deafening.
(2013-11-12, 20:11)solteir Wrote: I've also purchased the Rii RT-MWK13 and it's really good. It's well built and works perfectly.

I've replaced 6 remote controls with just this one, now I control: TV, HT, cable tv, room fan, room lights and HTPC.
It learns very easily, and during learning process, my suggestion is to put the other remote control very close to it, touching infrared's.

Pros:
Infrared: well built, control up to 8 different IR devices, has almost all necessary buttons. learns quickly. controls from a long distance

RF Keyboard: well built, mouse works fine,

general: I've disassembled and confirmed the pcb is well made, the buttons are not that type of plastic with carbon contact, all button are like a tact switch, so it should not wear out so fast after some time.

Cons:
Infrared: None

RF Keyboard:
-the antenna is pcb made on the left of the keyboard, so depending the way you hold it, it reduces the signal strength, and starting from 4m more or less, it can stop communicating, so it's needed to hold in a different way on the left side of the remote control.
-It doesn't have the F1 to F11 buttons.
-The keyboard is not on the standard format, so for example to increase the volume on XBMC it's needed to press Fn and +, instead of just using the key "+=", not a big problem for me as I can control the volume of the home theater via infrared.
-It's tricky to calibrate the mouse, don't lose the manual, otherwise you'll never remember how to do it.
- Doesn't have back light. (This one I really miss)

General feedback: It worth buying and I do recommend purchasing this awesome product. As you can see on below picture, I used to have all those remote controls on the left on my sofa, now I just have the remote on the right. Big Grin

How did you break this thing open, I would like to replace the speaker in the remote with a headphone jack so I can listen to the TV with my headphones wirelessly.
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
OS - Windows 10, Kodi Krypton
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
OS - Android TV, Kodi Jarvis 16.0
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

HP Proliant Microserver N40L
OS - Unraid 6
Is there anything like a Harmony 650 with a qwerty?
[/quote]

How did you break this thing open, I would like to replace the speaker in the remote with a headphone jack so I can listen to the TV with my headphones wirelessly.
[/quote]

Using a small screwdriver forcing the remote control it opens it. I've started at the usb connector.
(2013-11-12, 20:11)solteir Wrote: It learns very easily, and during learning process, my suggestion is to put the other remote control very close to it, touching infrared's.

I can't believe this solution was that simple.
I've got another remote with IR function that only agreed to learn some IR codes.
Placing the remote tightly close to each other fixed that (although now I didn't emit the IR from a remote but from an IR blaster and I only sent the code once and didn't repeated it).
This is way different from the usuall recomendation to place the remotes with space between them (like the Logitech Harmony).
(2013-11-12, 20:11)solteir Wrote: I've also purchased the Rii RT-MWK13 and it's really good. It's well built and works perfectly.

I've replaced 6 remote controls with just this one, now I control: TV, HT, cable tv, room fan, room lights and HTPC.
It learns very easily, and during learning process, my suggestion is to put the other remote control very close to it, touching infrared's.

Pros:
Infrared: well built, control up to 8 different IR devices, has almost all necessary buttons. learns quickly. controls from a long distance

RF Keyboard: well built, mouse works fine,

general: I've disassembled and confirmed the pcb is well made, the buttons are not that type of plastic with carbon contact, all button are like a tact switch, so it should not wear out so fast after some time.

Cons:
Infrared: None

RF Keyboard:
-the antenna is pcb made on the left of the keyboard, so depending the way you hold it, it reduces the signal strength, and starting from 4m more or less, it can stop communicating, so it's needed to hold in a different way on the left side of the remote control.
-It doesn't have the F1 to F11 buttons.
-The keyboard is not on the standard format, so for example to increase the volume on XBMC it's needed to press Fn and +, instead of just using the key "+=", not a big problem for me as I can control the volume of the home theater via infrared.
-It's tricky to calibrate the mouse, don't lose the manual, otherwise you'll never remember how to do it.
- Doesn't have back light. (This one I really miss)

General feedback: It worth buying and I do recommend purchasing this awesome product. As you can see on below picture, I used to have all those remote controls on the left on my sofa, now I just have the remote on the right. Big Grin

thanks for posting this review, really appreciate it.

i was ready to buy but i need this remote (or similar) with back-lit buttons.

the search continues.
http://techland.time.com/2014/02/20/dont...ia-remote/
Anybody think this might work with NUC and xbmc. Just saw it and though i would post.
NUC I3 Haswell with external 4TB HD, Windows 8.1
Onkyo TX-NR626 Receiver
LG 55" LCD
Cat 6 wired ethernet
Controlled with:
Logitech Harmony 880 remote
Lenovo N5902 remote keyboard/mouse
(2014-02-21, 02:15)mushoss Wrote: http://techland.time.com/2014/02/20/dont...ia-remote/
Anybody think this might work with NUC and xbmc. Just saw it and though i would post.

Currently the XBONE controllers aren't even supported on PCs. There aren't any drivers that I'm aware of, nor any sort of dongle you can buy to receive and decode the propietary RF signals coming from these things like you can for a wireless 360 controller.
(2014-02-24, 21:02)Budwyzer Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 02:15)mushoss Wrote: http://techland.time.com/2014/02/20/dont...ia-remote/

Currently the XBONE controllers aren't even supported on PCs. There aren't any drivers that I'm aware of, nor any sort of dongle you can buy to receive and decode the propietary RF signals coming from these things like you can for a wireless 360 controller.

They're IR, not RF, and they work just fine on a PC :)
(2014-02-26, 06:28)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-02-24, 21:02)Budwyzer Wrote:

They're IR, not RF, and they work just fine on a PC Smile

Wait, what? Did you get one early or something? AFAIK they aren't released until March 4th. And the announcement only says it can control IR devices via the Kinect's IR Blaster. I can't find any details on what medium the remote itself uses to transfer the commands to the XBone.

Found this though, from an MS rep.

"To also control your television set, cable or satellite set-top box, or additional AV equipment, the Media Remote must sync with the console through an IR blaster," the rep continued. "This can be done with an IR extender cable plugged into the back of the console (not included), or it can be done through the Kinect sensor. IR blasting between the Media Remote and Kinect will work even if Kinect has been disabled in Settings."
My bad, I thought we were talking about the 360 black media remote.
SMK-LINK VP6364 Black USB RF Wireless Ultra-Mini Touchpad Keyboard

Anyone try a SMK-LINK VP6364 ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zks-c-BMwjo

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...3158015CVF

Reviews: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...pNo=808363

Not backlit
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
(2011-12-19, 10:11)eskro Wrote: [13] iPazzPort KP-810-10A (~$25)

For any Canadians looking for iPazzPort products ... I hit the motherlode.

http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/catalog/s...=iPazzPort
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC RF Keyboards2