Querying for Movies and Filtering on File Quality
Right now I am running the following query against the Video database (I am using the QueryVideoDatabase command in the web API to make the call):

select c09 from movie where c09="' + imdb + '"
where imdb is the movie's IMDB id

to find whether a given movie is already in the XBMC movie database. I want to limit the results to movies that I have of a certain quality. I know that XBMC shows "SD, 1080, etc" when playing a movie indicating the file's quality. Is the info saved in the database somewhere?
Yes it's in the streamdetails table. You'll have to come up with some JOIN query on movie, streamdetails and movie which has an ON condition of streamdetails.idFile = movie.idFile and filter by iStreamType = 0 (video stream) and use iVideoWidth for your condition on SD/HD/whatever.

Although something like this is not possible yet with JSON-RPC I'd discourage the use of HTTP API as it will be removed after Eden has been released and some missing functionality has been added to JSON-RPC.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Is there anyway to tell if the video us 1080p vs 1080i? Does XBMC even show this when playing the file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Querying for Movies and Filtering on File Quality0