Scraping issue with fanart on TV shows
I've tried my best to work through this but I'm afraid I've hit a wall and could use some expert help if you don't mind.

I've donated $50 today but accidently forgot to put my forum name in paypal, I don't want to freeload on the people involved with this amazing project! Laugh

Necessary information:
Apple TV 2 - XBMC nightly 20111210-f1ae0b6
theTVDB addon ver 1.2.3

What I've done so far:

Verified the fanart setting is on.

Tried toggling the settings for fanart on/off for different skins (confluence, simplicity, etc)

Rescraped TV shows the past couple of days without change.

Restarted the AppleTV several times.

What I've noticed:

The TVDB addon doesn't allow for an uninstall option in the GUI.. otherwise I would have reinstalled.

Banners and posters work fine for the TVDB scraper, as well as show descriptions, etc.

The movies DB doesn't have this problem, movie fanart shows up ok for movies.

If i put fanart.jpg in the folder containing the tv show on my server the skins are able to display it.

Debug log below - I enabled to show what happens when I add 2 TV series sources. "Chuck" has a fanart.jpg in its folder on the server, "Spartacus" doesn't, I tried looking in the debug log, it looks like while it was scraping Spartacus it could see the fanart from theTVDB website, I'm suspecting the problem is with the tvdb scraper addon not being able to store them for some reason.

http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/775696/
(if you need the other logs let me know, I'm not sure if they will be useful)

Below is the contents of my tvdb xml file, I was going to compare it to a fresh downloaded copy of one but I've searched google and can't seem to find where it is hosted.

http://pastebin.com/qmVak8hK

This is where I am at, I am stuck trying to think of what would be best besides reinstalling the whole system but I'd rather not have to go that far , I think I probably need to reinstall that addon but I'm not sure how.

I appreciate the efforts by the development team, I am very pleased with this setup just a few hiccups to work through. Laugh
Somehow it looks like you have forgotten to post which problem you actually have. I can't find it in your post Huh
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ah, that was in the topic title though I should have clarified that better.

My problem was that scraping TV shows automatically with thetvdb.com was working except that the fanart wasn't downloading.

I basically worked around this by manually putting fanart in each of my TV show folders. It is able to automatically display the fanart there. I later discovered that if I selected a show in XBMC and tell it to "Show TV information" by holding the menu button on it, I could manually add the fanart (as well as thumbs, etc) in that window.

I still don't know why it wouldn't automatically add fanart but I've worked around it anyway.
Please check your thumbnail folder. If there is a fffffff.tbn file in Video/Fanart, delete it. Sounds like this discussion, i had a similar problem and solved it by deleting this particular file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping issue with fanart on TV shows0