Strange permissions issue using PseudoTV/TVtime on XBMC Windows 8 Dev copy
I am having a aggravating night getting TV time to work the way I want to.

Normally I can add folders easily (For music videos etc) but something got messed up and instead of seeing this:

GOOD:

I see this: (BAD)

Somehow my Disk Drives are not accessible (they normally are) but my optical drives (or mounted images) show up fine. So weird.

I'm assuming this is likely a Windows 8 Permission issue, but I've tested it and that's not the case, something in the XBMC install/database is messed up because It worked fine before.

I tried to uninstall it by removing the application and the application support/hidden files for XBMC manually.

I think there are some other spots I need to clean to do a FULL clean re-install.

Anyone else run into these issues? It's pretty aggravating because it seems pretty simple but I'm not quite sure what the problem is so I dont know how to fix it.

Thankyou in advance for saving me some serious headache time.
I think it's worth noting the issue appears in both PseudoTV and TVTime. I know they share libraries etc. But this leads me to think it's an overall XBMC setting thats setting them off. Any ideas?
Morning Bump. Thanks.
I've seen this before myself.

Removing anything I always use Revo Uninstaller to clean out dead registry entries.

All network drives are static IPs

Folders I use for media are first put in XBMC's File Manager

I map all network drives in windows

Note: I've noticed in my case that PseudoTV and TV Time don't like a lot of paths to deal with when I had all my media spread out all over the place. My fix was to centralize it all on RAID and one NAS server.
Thanks man. I'll give these things a shot and keep you posted. Other ideas/fixes are also greatly appreciated.
Sad 
I ended up doing a clean install but now TVTime is Stuck at "Searching for TV Channels" ANd I'm only sharing like 4 folders and the directory is cleaned. HELP?

This program has serious Issues. Sad Sad
Sad 
Fresh install of windows, following all naming conventions, best practices etc. But it happened AGAIN.

I think it should be noted I have an extremely large library at about 6 TB. And I'm sure one or some of the files or something I did are causing this.

This seems like a pretty common issue for this particular application, so I'm going to keep bumping it because it may be useful to future folks.

ANY IDEAS?

I'm probably going to have to start Over with ANOTHER fresh XBMC install and dot all my i's, and keep it cleaned etc. But that's pretty preposterous and makes the app almost useless.

I've never had an app that I hated and loved so much. :Nerd
Maybe it is because XBMC isn't compatible with windows 8 yet?
If it isn't there no point in bumping
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I think I've figured it out and will test it tommorow (i'm tired)

I believe the issue has to do with Windows Disk Management/Drive Letter/Name assignement. During both these incidents I was moving around hard drives, and had a external drive attached (which I indeed had to change)

So I think the best advice is.

Before you run these apps. Run them clean, don't keep a dirty library, do everything by the book. And if possible dont swap/transfer data during usage. I know thats hard because it's the nature of XBMC, but I think you need to think of these programs as Very very Fragile and not like normal programs. Sad

I'll post with my results tommorow. (Hope this helps someone out)

I think in this case the only real option is a fully-clean xbmc reinstall. And don't make those mistakes again.
XBMC Is/isnt compatible. I'd say its about the same as Windows 7.

In my previous post you'll see I agreed about that issue and actually did a fresh Win 7 64 install to test, and compared to Win 8 it's a dream. (this issue I don't think can be blamed on Windows though, other than its drive management which is virtually the same) Win 8 was VERY unstable for me for alot of programs, and the compatibiltiy/legacy support isnt there yet and was a major headache/hassle to get stuff to work. I'd say I only had about 80% Success with my apps. I'm looking forward to it, but theres alot of work to be done. As for its XBMC Windows 8/Developer Preview support I'd say it's 95% and had no major complaints, but I do think I get better framerates/smoother on Win7.

I've had similar issues with PseudoTV and TVTime on My Macintoshes so this is definately worth bumping.
Decimus Wrote:XBMC Is/isnt compatible. I'd say its about the same as Windows 7.

In my previous post you'll see I agreed about that issue and actually did a fresh Win 7 64 install to test, and compared to Win 8 it's a dream. (this issue I don't think can be blamed on Windows though, other than its drive management which is virtually the same) Win 8 was VERY unstable for me for alot of programs, and the compatibiltiy/legacy support isnt there yet and was a major headache/hassle to get stuff to work. I'd say I only had about 80% Success with my apps. I'm looking forward to it, but theres alot of work to be done. As for its XBMC Windows 8/Developer Preview support I'd say it's 95% and had no major complaints, but I do think I get better framerates/smoother on Win7.

I've had similar issues with PseudoTV and TVTime on My Macintoshes so this is definately worth bumping.

If you think it is an XBMC issue create a trac bug ticket. If this is a add-on issue post it in the add-on thread. Bumping is not the way.
Martijn Wrote:If you think it is an XBMC issue create a trac bug ticket. If this is a add-on issue post it in the add-on thread. Bumping is not the way.

Sorry to say it, but Quit being a jerk man. It is a Python based issue as well and Pseudo TV and TVTime have very little support. So the more issues we can solve the better. I'll keep posting until I am confident I've found a solution/fix.
Decimus Wrote:Sorry to say it, but Quit being a jerk man. It is a Python based issue as well and Pseudo TV and TVTime have very little support. So the more issues we can solve the better. I'll keep posting until I am confident I've found a solution/fix.

I'm not being a jerk i'm just giving you directions wehere you should have better luck on getting this solved.
Do what you think is best and good luck that
Martijn Wrote:I'm not being a jerk i'm just giving you directions wehere you should have better luck on getting this solved.
Do what you think is best and good luck that

Have to agree Decimus with what Martijn has told you. If this is a problem with XBMC make a ticket, otherwise post in the PSeudoTV thread so that Jason can see it. Creating your own thread about a problem with a plugin is not really a good idea if you want the dev to help you out. Suppose everyone that had a problem with a plugin, created their own thread. How do you think that would work out?
Any way...Jason is the creator of PseudoTV of which TVTime is an offshoot of. The guy that did TVTime has not been seen in a very long time. You will not get any help with that unless someone picks it up. Jason is usually very responsive to problems in his thread. I also have to tell you that you probably aren't going to get very much help with a Windows 8 problem, being on the cutting edge and all.

Mark
I think it is a Window's 8 Consumer Preview issue and not even specific to XBMC. I am running Windows 8 and in addition to the same problem you mentioned in XBMC and PseudoTV in particular, I have had settings in other programs not save after rebooting. My graphics card's software program kept resetting so I had to change scaling settings every time I logged off. Searching for help on that issue led to me finding a suggestion to just run as admin for any software that was not saving settings. It seems to help if I run programs as Administrator whether I should need to or not. I had to keep re-adding sources to XBMC and not just for PseudoTV but running XBMC as Administrator and then setting everything up has worked so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange permissions issue using PseudoTV/TVtime on XBMC Windows 8 Dev copy0