50 bucks for helping me with ATV/XBMC
Hey all,

I know this is strange, but I have a project with a time-frame and not enough time to scour the forum as I usually would. I have fifty dollars american to hire a brain to pick by email, at least 5 or 6 times a day for the next week. I am looking for someone knowledgeable of XBMC especially for ATV 1. I am not full blooded noob so it wont require hand holding.

Any takers?
Nobody huh?

I am not starting from scratch, i have a device working properly. I just want some help fine tuning my system for some specific needs. Maybe some one who is "pretty good" at xbmc will do....
It sounds like a scam setup to me
Giving $50 on a forum for help without any description of the help needed.

How about giving us a question and let us answer it for you for free in the open?

What fine tuning do you need help with?
LOL I guess it does huh. Okay.

I am setting up an ATV1 as a gift for my father who is technically challenged and fearful of new things.

I say this because I need the process of choosing and watching content to be streamlined and seamless. If there is something to mess up he will.

His content will be icefilms plugin and an external HDD that I will keep stocked.

I am looking for ways to automate content and simplify the process of browsing content.

I have set up transmission to drop content into it, which I can do from home by remote desktop and then ftp'ing from his pc. This is okay but bulky.

Icefilms seems to be on the outs with megaupload so I might need another supplement.

I have many many more questions, ideal scenarios, and what ifs.

I am looking for someone who knows xbmc especially and ATV1 too that I can bounce off of far more times a day then I would ask of someone for free so i am willing to pay.
Well, I am not the one to reply to multiple emails a day
*being at work and far away from Apple TV

I am looking for ways to automate content and simplify the process of browsing content.
XBMC is the best method - it's that skin you need to consider that your dad might find least intimidating
*Alaska vs Transparency! for example

I have set up transmission to drop content into it, which I can do from home by remote desktop and then ftp'ing from his pc. This is okay but bulky.
Would your dad really notice this? Especially since it is "behind the scenes"?

Icefilms seems to be on the outs with megaupload so I might need another supplement.

You could pay for a Megaupload account and have no issues and immediate playback (no waiting)

I am looking for someone who knows xbmc especially and ATV1 too that I can bounce off of far more times a day then I would ask of someone for free so i am willing to pay.
Good luck on your venture. Try Youtube, search XBMC for ideas
If your dad is technically challenged and fearful of new things then stick to the minimalistic approach. Putting too many options, fancy weather, multi-level drilldown (like Icefilms and finding a movie), blah blah blah... might be a problem, especially if you are not local to fix any ICEFILMS problem or if XBMC just wont start
I'm pretty good with ATV1. Get at me with a PM and send your email address.
+1 for SkyBehind - good going man
+1 for atari800
+1 for SkyBehind

woot!! thanks for replying.

atari800 - you are speaking my language. I want to do exactly as you are describing. Its gonna be like the Jitterbug is for cell phones. 10 giant buttons and thats it.

The ftp is just for my ease. I dont want to have to use remote desktop if I dont have to.

p.s. I have a megaupload premium and a note of warning on that. According to the icefilms team there is some turbulence a-brewin'.
http://firstsearchblue.com/icefilms-down...o-is-down/
might wanna hold of on megaupload premium for now.
Megaupload has more that just movies, but thats not really part of this discussion
*My 2 year subscription paid for itself in a few hours
tempneff,

I have exactly the same requirements for my dad and I'm willing to pay for anyone who's got expertise. I would love to hear what you put together. I've got a flight to go visit him next week, so anything you can provide quickly would be great.

I realize this thread is a 18 months old, so I'm hoping you'll get this message.

You can email me at xbmc{@t}datatier.com if you don't want to use the message board.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
50 bucks for helping me with ATV/XBMC0