Win XBMC Mislabels music
Hi:
I am running XBMC Gotham and Plex in the same Win7 HTPC. My Music folder is setup as \Artist\Album. XBMC mislabels the artist on numerous occasions and for some artists, no music shows up. I use MP3Tag to make sure the music is properly tagged. I sure would love some feedback from you as to whats going on. BTW, Plex displays the music just fine, but my goal is stick with XBMC for Yatse support.

Thx,
Ahmed
It's impossible to even guess without seeing exactly what tag data are in the song files. A start though would be to get a debug log and see what artist and album is being fed to the scrapers.

scott s.
(2014-01-20, 00:51)scott967 Wrote: It's impossible to even guess without seeing exactly what tag data are in the song files. A start though would be to get a debug log and see what artist and album is being fed to the scrapers.

scott s.

Ok, will work on getting the logs and post it here.
Hi Scott:
After removing the source and reimporting, I was not able to recreate the mislabel issue. I have uploaded the log at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=114093. The problem artist was Mark Knopfler, where some of the albums were showing under mormom tabernacle choir as artist under his hame in XBMC. I am still not seeing any album information for atleast two artists - Enya and Heart. I noticed that Heart's album name s wrong on my folder, but could not figure out what is wrong with Enya. I will be looking through the log shortly to see if I can figure something out.

Ahmed
My problem has changed, so I will open up a new thread to reflect that. So far I am not seeing mislabeling.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Mislabels music0