XBMC not following advancedsettings.xml rules at initial scan?
I'm running a few advancedsettings, namely:

Code:
    <videoextensions>
        <remove>.dat</remove>
    </videoextensions>

and XBMC isn't applying it when I first start my library scan. I did a fresh install, and loaded the advancedsettings.xml file before I did a scan. I know it's loaded, because I checked the log. But for some reason, it ignored the remove option, so I cancelled the scan, closed down XBMC, reopened, and scanned again. Then it seemed to apply it

Now for the first handful of movies in my library list, I've got movies listed twice because it's thinking the .dat files are valid movies, but the last 90% (which also have .dat files in the folders) are showing up fine. I've tried to clean up my library, I've tried to rescan, but they won't disappear. Is there another option besides manually removing them from the library or deleting it and starting all over again? I've got a few XBMC machines and I'd rather not have to do that to every single one. I've manually created movie.nfo files for each movie so that all I had to do was point XBMC to them and it'd do the rest Big Grin
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>.DAT</regexp>

</excludefromscan>
</video>

THIS IS WORKING FOR ME.
Export the database to a single file. It should be easy to edit the resulting XML to remove the offending entries. Then delete the video database and import.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not following advancedsettings.xml rules at initial scan?0