Slightly "smarter" Latest Episodes/Movies Functionality
Hello there.
I've recently upgraded from a very old (pre-Dharma) version of XBMC to the latest, nightly build.

Why has it taken me so long?

Well, I had made a lot of custom modifications to the MediaStream skin that I just don't have time to rebuild, and the new Aeon looked awesome, so I finally took the plunge.

Anyway... one of the nice bits of custom functionality was a slightly altered version of the Recently Added script. My version would only show unwatched files, and would only show the earliest episode for each TV series with unwatched items (that way you would always have a list of TV shows that had unwatched episodes, and it would jump you straight to the first episode you hadn't seen).

The latest version of Aeon uses XBMCs built-in Recently Added functionality, which, to be frank, is very limited.

Is there a way to alter the skin so that it uses a custom python script to get the Recent info?

I did a little digging and it looks like there is a call to a custom script still in the home.xml file... Does this still get called?

If this is possible, then I would be happy to adjust my script and make it available to all!

Many thanks,
Dan
have a look at the watchlist script.
it does exactly that and also keeps track of movies you haven't finished watching.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, Ronnie,
That script looks perfect!

I tried getting it to work in Aeon, but I'm not having any luck.

Here are the steps I took...
1) Downloaded the nightly build of Xeebo (this is the only way I could get the script).
2) Added this to home.xml: <onload>RunScript(script.watchlist)</onload>
3) changed a line in MultiFunctionWidget.xml: <label>$INFO[Window.Property(WatchList_Episode.1.Label)]</label>

This should give me the correct title for the first unwatched TV episode. Unfortunately it just remains blank. My guess is that the script isn't running properly.

Could this be because I am running the nighlty pre-Dharma?

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks,
Dan

UPDATE - having checked the Xeebo skin, I can confirm that the Watchlist functionality doesn't work in that skin either. Sad
dt1000 Wrote:Thanks, Ronnie,
That script looks perfect!

I tried getting it to work in Aeon, but I'm not having any luck.

Here are the steps I took...
1) Downloaded the nightly build of Xeebo (this is the only way I could get the script).
2) Added this to home.xml: <onload>RunScript(script.watchlist)</onload>

you need to pass some options to the script.
check the README.txt included in the addon ;-)

dt1000 Wrote:Could this be because I am running the nighlty pre-Dharma?
i'm assuming you mean pre-eden :-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks again for the tip!

Yes... I do mean pre-Eden. Smile

OK. I have this line in the home.xml file...
<onload>XBMC.RunScript(script.watchlist,movies=true&amp;episodes=true&amp;albums=true&amp;limit=25)</onload>

According to the debug log, the script seems to be firing OK.

Unfortunately my test field...
<label>$INFO[Window(Home).Property(WatchList_Episode.1.Label)]</label>
...still comes up blank.

Any suggestions?

Where do I download the latest version of Watch List from? I can't find it on any of the pre-Eden repositories.
script is available in the pre-eden repo:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/...watchlist/

check your Debug Log if the script finds any episodes.
you should see something like:
Code:
16:47:45 T:2995067760   DEBUG: script.watchlist: episode list: 5 items
So...
I did a nice integration of the Watchlist script (you can select it as an alternative to Recent Items from the skin's settings menu). It kinda works OK, but... the script seems extremely unreliable. Sometimes it returns the correct episodes, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it doesn't clear old data, etc...

Does anyone know if the latest version is supposed to be stable or not?

Sad

Dan
dt1000 Wrote:So...
I did a nice integration of the Watchlist script (you can select it as an alternative to Recent Items from the skin's settings menu). It kinda works OK, but... the script seems extremely unreliable. Sometimes it returns the correct episodes, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it doesn't clear old data, etc...

Does anyone know if the latest version is supposed to be stable or not?

Sad

Dan

Very stable Smile

If you are using MQ3 it will maybe be included in the next update.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hmmmm.
OK. Here is my first attempt...
http://www.mediafire.com/?0artib14sevck5s

Could somebody download it and take a look to see if it works for them?

Thanks,
Dan
Cough! Ahem!

Anyone?

Anyone?

Smile
The watchlist files screwed up my main menu (whenever I go back to it, selections don't show on the screen) and there were no extra options in the settings menu for me...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slightly "smarter" Latest Episodes/Movies Functionality0