Help with video board selection
I originally tested the mobo without the SSD or XFX and got a beep (after figuring out that my speaker was inserted backwards) and a colorful info screen.

After finishing the build I plugged it in and got a beep, but nothing on screen. (That's when I started looking for what the problem may be and saw the XFX's wattage recommendation).

Tonight I took the XFX back out and tried again. This time, though I got a beep I didn't get the same colorful info screen but I did get a black with white text screen that read:

Version 2.02.1205. copyright © 2010 American Megatrends, Inc.

The current version of Intel ME firmware is 7.0.4.1197, backup is 7.0.4.1197.
H67M-ITX VEFI P1.30
CPU:Intel® Core™ i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz Speed:3100MHz
Total Memory: 3836MB

USB Devices total: 0 KBDs, 0 MICE, 0 MASS, 2 HUBs

Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...
SATA Port4: Patriot Torqx 2 32GB SSD
Press F11 for Boot Menu.

BIOS Defaults have been loaded.
Press F2 or DEL to Run Setup
Press F1 to Continue

So the XFX is causing me some sort of trouble right? How do I test it? One site I was reading recommended pulling the mobo back out to test it, but man would I hate that.

Any suggestions?
Ok, I had gone back to using the HTPC without the XFX since it worked perfectly that way, spending the last week or so learning about xbmc and getting it set up the way I wanted. But last night I got the urge to try once more to get the HTPC working with the XFX. I inserted the XFX which is an extremely tight fit in the MI-008 case and it occurred to me that perhaps it wasn't seating all the way despite the fact that I was pushing it down as far as it would go. So, with a flat head screwdriver sandwiched between two thin sheets of packing foam, I pried gently upward on the board trying to get it to make better contact. That must've done it. I'm now in business with the XFX. It seems to work beautifully.
XFX rocks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with video board selection0