• 5(current)
Remote Controllers for XBMC
Laibr Wrote:I bought myself this one. Big Grin
Its a rii mini i6 irf
Much like a boxee box remote.
I'll give my experiences later.

I got one of these these and it worked perfect. Way better than the Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard
+1 for the boxee remote. It jutt works. absolutely no configuration needed. The only thing I am not happy with is the lack of a back button on the front of the remote. I seem to use the del key on the back pretty often. plug it in and go and the fact that it does not need line of sight it awesome.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Noob question: Can anyone comment on whether RF remotes can control the computer prior to windows being booted up? And whether a special program must be started after each boot up for them to work? I want a controller that completely replaces the need for a USB/serial keyboard and mouse. I'm concerned that if I buy one of these remotes, it will only work when windows is fully loaded (or worse yet, only within XBMC??), which means I would not be able to access BIOS while the computer is starting. Or if there is an actual program that needs to be started for the remote to work, perhaps I'd need a USB mouse plugged in to start the program with each and every time the HTPC is rebooted?

I want my USB keboard and mouse completely out of the TV room, it's just too much clutter to have laying around the coffee table.
mikepegg Wrote:fyi they are taking pre-orders on the Nyxboard.
http://pulse-eight.com/store/products/96...ybrid.aspx

Am currently looking for a new remote control solution.. this looks good but at 60Euro delivered looks a bit pricey..

Does it work like a regular remote, or is it more like FLIRC, where it registers as a USB keyboard (and therefore can wake from sleep etc)? Cant fine this info on the site..
alexbo Wrote:Noob question: Can anyone comment on whether RF remotes can control the computer prior to windows being booted up? And whether a special program must be started after each boot up for them to work? I want a controller that completely replaces the need for a USB/serial keyboard and mouse. I'm concerned that if I buy one of these remotes, it will only work when windows is fully loaded (or worse yet, only within XBMC??), which means I would not be able to access BIOS while the computer is starting. Or if there is an actual program that needs to be started for the remote to work, perhaps I'd need a USB mouse plugged in to start the program with each and every time the HTPC is rebooted?

I want my USB keboard and mouse completely out of the TV room, it's just too much clutter to have laying around the coffee table.
You certainly can't access the BIOS with an MCE remote, neither would you want to! Try a small RF HID keyboard & trackpad/trackball combo instead. I use a Keysonic 540RF, which is superb (but I really miss not having 3 mouse buttons when web browsing). I then have a Harmony 300 for my TV, amp, cable box & BD. I'd like to get a Harmony 600 and use that, but I'd end up using the RF keyboard anyway so it's not worth spending the money.

eskro has created another thread that details lots of options.
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?
publicENEMY Wrote:Which of these remotes would you guys prefer?

1. http://www.ebay.com.my/itm/New-HP-Media-...4aad4c4fbe

any experience with this seller?

thanks.

I have bought 2 of these remotes from this seller and can confirm that they worked "out of the box" with Openelec. This doesn't guarantee that it'll work with regular XBMC Live / Linux. But decent odds.

The HP part number on the receiver is 5187-4593. I took a chance not going with the tried and true 5188-1667, but I didn't have much choice - I simply could not find that part number on ebay or otherwise. All the old Amazon sellers listed as "out of stock".

The remotes themselves don't have any company branding, but seem to be of decent build quality. The one thing I really like about them is that most of the buttons are glow in the dark. Very nice feature.

These were at my door 15 days after ordering, which is MUCH quicker than many Hong Kong based sellers.
hi, i've asked about this problem in the hardware support section but no one seems to know/want to help. i was wondering if you guys would be able to help.

i recently bought the ps3 remote and a bluetooth dongle. i paired the remote and used the ps3bluemote app (suggested in this thread) and everything worked fine. i was able to map the keys and it was working. after a day or so of idling the remote completely stopped working. i removed the device and repaired it and now it won't detect in the ps3bluemote app or eventghost. even though the remote is paired as "BD remote controller" no programs are detected. can someone please help me?
why not ask PS3BluMote app author directly?

http://www.benbarron.com/contact
thanks, i just messaged him. althouhg i suspect this might be a bluetooth/driver issue and not a ps3bluemote one Sad
worth a shot
CursiveQ Wrote:hi, i've asked about this problem in the hardware support section but no one seems to know/want to help. i was wondering if you guys would be able to help.

i recently bought the ps3 remote and a bluetooth dongle. i paired the remote and used the ps3bluemote app (suggested in this thread) and everything worked fine. i was able to map the keys and it was working. after a day or so of idling the remote completely stopped working. i removed the device and repaired it and now it won't detect in the ps3bluemote app or eventghost. even though the remote is paired as "BD remote controller" no programs are detected. can someone please help me?

Is it showing as disconected.. I know its basic.. but are the baterries ok? the bluetooth eats some of them up!

I now have some 2100ma ones on rotation, geting about 10 days from a full charge with moderate use.
My review of the IOGear wireless mini keyboard

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125406

Hi there has anyone tried the remote that comes with the asus f1a75-i deluxe?

I am considering this mobo for my next build, but only if the remote does in fact run nicely with XBMC and turns the machine off and on.
only time i've heard of it and it was only complaints.. range and stuff... i'd pass...
Ok thanks for this, so that brings me to deciding on a new mobo,

I am from NZ and I tell you the hardware range is limited. Anyway back to the drawing board have to get it from overseas Amazon here I come.

Thanks Eskro, I would swap your cape for a Crown.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Controllers for XBMC1